Start by marking “Morganos kryžius (Circle Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Morganos kryžius (Circle Trilogy, #1)

Morganos kryžius

(Circle Trilogy #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  48,413 ratings  ·  1,388 reviews
Per amžių amžius kaupusiai galias ir pajėgas tamsos ir blogio valdovei, vampyrų karalienei Lilitai ateina neramūs laikai: šviesos ir gėrio valdovė Morgana telkia kariuomenę sugriauti tamsos imperijai ir padaryti galą demonų viešpatavimui visais laikais ir visuose pasauliuose. Deivės Morganos kariuomenės branduolys – burtininkas, ragana, vampyras, mokslininkė, keičiantysis ...more
Published 2007 by Jotema (first published August 29th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Morganos kryžius, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morganos kryžius

·  48,413 ratings  ·  1,388 reviews

Start your review of Morganos kryžius (Circle Trilogy, #1)
Katie
Apr 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my Gosh!!! One of the best series I've ever read. Love love LOVE these books!! My husband was in Iraq when I started this book, and I told him, "honey, I read this book and I know you'll love it. It's got vampires and witches and princesses and war and sex and everything else you can imagine. The only problem is it says NORA ROBERTS really big on the front and I know you're out there with a bunch of tough soldiers, and you might not want them to know you're reading romance novels." He told me ...more
Amanda
Mar 22, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Take one dead sexy vampire
+ one dead sexy sorcerer
+ one dead sexy witch
+ one dead sexy queen
+ one dead sexy shapeshifter
+ one dead sexy vampire slayer
= one hot mess

This is just . . . well, indescribable. I found this book on my bookshelf the other day and couldn't believe that I had ever purchased a Nora Roberts book. A quick look at the back cover held part of the explanation: "A battle is brewing between the forces of good and evil--a war will be fought across the planes of t
Kat  Hooper
Mar 31, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.

Toss in a dozen fantasy clichés and stir for 352 pages

Nora Roberts (aka J.D. Robb), as you probably know, is a prolific award-winning (and best-selling) author of romance novels. Not being a romance novel reader, I had never before read any of her work. But, when I found that I could read her fantasy trilogy (The Circle) on audiobook, I decided to give it a try.

First, let me say that authors don't get to be award-winning best-sellers
Kathrynn
Apr 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Time Travel Fans
I thought this story was exceptionally well written. There was a lot of humor with both the character's dialogue and expressions. The book was similar to a roller coaster ride for me with extreme ups and downs. There was love, deep sadness, humor, time-travel, bloody fighting with vampires, magic, shape-shifting, suspense and few neat surprises. I like that. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!

The rest of the trilogy was set up in this book and I can't wait to read them.
Talya
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this trilogy!

Then again, I really like Vampire lore.
Cian was my favorite guy, he was the most complex, wonderfully drawn character of the bunch. He and Moira made a wonderful pairing, my heartstrings tugged at the moments where they knew they deeply loved each other, but knew they couldn't have a life together with him as a vampire who will live forever and her as queen of an ancient world. My favorite lady was Blair, she and Larkin made a very close second in the couples/ro
Crystal~BIG book addict~
3.5 Stars

They are the sorcerer, the witch, the warrior, the scholar, the one of many forms and the one you've lost.

In this first book of the Circle Trilogy, we meet the six who have been chosen to lead the war against Lilith, the queen of vampyres, and her army. Hoyt, the sorcerer and Glenna, the witch, find love in all of the chaos of training and fighting.

3.5 Stars

This was a great start to this trilogy. The only problem I had with it was I just didn't feel the strong love connection between Hoyt and Glenna like you do in NR's books. I am hoping the last two books will make up for it, but as with all of Nora's books she has a way of sucking you into the story.
Ira
This one was a good read.

Unfortunately I had read The Guardians Trilogy before this book, and that series published 15 years after this series.

I couldn’t help thinking, Ms. Roberts found something lacking with this series, reworked and make it much better with the new series.

So, this one the original one and if you didn’t read The Guardians yet, it will a good read but if you already read The Guardians series, don’t bother to read this series.

Still, a fun
Jamieson
Feb 05, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There is an evil that hunts during the night. An evil so terrible that it would feast upon the flesh of humans. There are stories of these beasts, these demons; they are called the Vampyre. Hungry for flesh and the blood in our veins. Lilith, the darkest vampyre of them all, is preparing for war. And she’s very hungry.

Having lost his brother Cian to Lilith’s kiss, Hoyt Mac Cionaoith is charged by the Goddess Morrigan to gather his own forces. He must gather five others: The witch, th
Read for the URR 2017 New Year's Reading Challenge prompt 'Fantasy Romance'.

17/1 - I think I feel the same about this as I did the first time I read it, years ago before I found GR or thought of writing reviews of the books I read, somewhere around 3.5 stars.

Glenna and Hoyt were perfectly fine characters, although possibly the least interesting of the three pairs. I'm looking forward to Cian and Moira's book - a meek, scholarly heroine with a vampire who has had a change of heart but not beca
Rebecca
Jul 28, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans
Recommended to Rebecca by: Terri
Shelves: fantasy
I suspect that Nora Roberts has devoted fans everywhere, much like my husband is a fan of Walker, Texas Ranger. Hmmm. I found the vampires in this novel to be about as scary as a villain from an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess or maybe even Beastmaster. In fact, the novel was just as campy. I found all of the elements of fantasy to work too conveniently. There was never any true sense of conflict or romance for me (maybe I'm prejudiced). Moreover, having Hoyt, the sorcerer, travel through time ...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
There was a time where I went through fantasy books like nothing. Group gathers together to tap formerly unknown powers to fight an ancient evil and save the homeland. I've read the same story hundreds of times. Different authors and different twists, but the same story none the less. After a decade or so I grew bored with that story. So what about Nora Roberts take on that story? I liked it.

Morrigan's Cross is the first book of the Circle Trilogy. Don't pick up this book and expect
Joan
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal/fantasy plot lines are not Nora Roberts forte. Plot line is not suspenseful or believable. NR should just stick to predictable romance trilogies.
N.T. Embe
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like shallow romance written decently.
Recommended to N.T. by: My aunt! She was getting rid of books and literally just handed this off to me!
This book is filled with half-and-half emotions for me.

The Writing
The writing is smooth and easy. You don't have anything to really hinge on, and nothing to catch you up. But at the same time, the author has a bad habit of giving away how much she bullshits the storyline and details of interest. Her knowledge about medieval anything is more than flawed. It's blunt and clumsy--making the first couple of chapters in the book a sore trial as you bumble through since she does such a poor job of it. Things sme.
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Morrigan’s Cross – the first on the Circle Trilogy – the story of Hoyt & Glenna – the sorcerer & the witch

Story starts with the Goddess Morrigan telling Hoyt he had a mission that must be completed by him and 5 others:

“There is a battle to be fought, the greatest ever waged. Good against
evil. You must gather the forces.”

“You must leave this place and go to another, and another still. Some will
come to you, and some you will seek. The witch, the warr/>
“There
Becky
Jan 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really fast paced read about Vampires! It's more of a story about a group of six beings than a romance. Although they do touch on it. This is the first book of the circle trilogy. Basic gist of the firzt book is that there is going to be a war between a newly forming circle of six and a Vampire army. The group strugglesa to prepare. Each one is brought to the group at the charge of the goddess Morrigan. They all have their own skills. There is a sorceror, a witch, a scholar, a shapeshifter, a wa ...more
Pam Nelson
Well over half way through and I just found it so dull, the world isn't all that exciting. I felt like it was just meh so DNF for me.
Delora
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so I have to admit to being pleasantly
 photo Shocked.gif
What I thought was going to end up being a boring audio book turned out to be an enlightening twist on magic that combined vampires, gods and goddesses, shapeshifters and a princess (sounds like the beginning of a bad joke) with an old world charm! I mean what more could a supernatural junkie like myself ask for?
Ok so I have to admit to being pleasantly
 photo Shocked.gif
 photo large_zps2fffd4f5.gif
Ok!! Well there is that! Where was I? Oh yeah...
Even though the romance I felt was rushed between Glenna (witch) and Hoyt(sorcerer who has time traveled) and didn't feel natural to me to begin with, my feelings about the story line and the other characters soon overshadowed that opinion. Cian the brother of Hoyt and the poor tortured soul...wait! Do vampires have souls? Anyways.....
 photo Damon-Salvatore-damon-salvatore-32814828-500-281_zps3b744d94.gif
*Drools and then clears throat* So as I was saying...the characters became very interesting. One that came in much later who quickly became a favorite was Blair. I hope to see more of her in the next 2 books and learn her story. She is basically a sarcastic kick ass warrior chick slash demon slayer, which is a trait I love in my women :P
The setting begins and ends with a older gentleman telling the "story" to a few kids...I am already wondering if this man could be one of the existing characters from the "story" but I'll have to wait:)

A few reasons why I didn't give this book a 5 star rating:
1- Even though I don't normally read Nora Roberts and she's known for her romance novels, she can't write sex scenes worth a shit and no where near like that of Yasmine or JR Ward!
2-No one!!! especially an older gentleman should be describing said love scenes with a bunch of kids! ( I can just picture them waking up traumatized from a night mare, then you have angry parents, therapist bills etc etc. DRAMA ANYONE?)
3-Some of the "research" on Lilith and where vampires originated from had no true details and what little description was "found" was so far out there it made me cringe!
 photo 150369629NhfQKaXdcringe_zps573bb2ed.gif
4-Small details or build up to huge news concerning one of the characters!

Even though it had a slow start and had the things I listed above wrong with it I still found it a charming and interesting listen. If you can overlook those issues, I would recommend it :) Now off to listen to book 2 "Dance of the gods"!
Carol Storm
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've always avoided Nora Roberts books over the years, not because I have anything against her, but because I always pictured her as being more of a brand name than a real person. When you read Mary Balogh or Lisa Kleypas you feel like you're meeting a real person, and hearing how they feel about life and love and romance. But with Nora Roberts you always get the feeling that, if you kicked open the door to her private study, you'd just see a giant computer, like HAL 9000 in 2001: Space Odyssey. ...more
Lela
Dec 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading Nora Roberts and I have to say I love her writing. Bit smutty sometimes but I love it nonetheless. Cian may be bossy with that whole I-don't-want-you-around-so-I'm-just-doing-this-to-get-rid-of-you-again sort of attitude but I love him! Hoyt is great. But his lack of knowledge of modern life is annoying at times. But he has a good excuse for it so I can let him off. Glenna seems to be the almost motherly figure. She takes care of everything and doesn't take any crap ...more
Loraine Alcorn
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really cant say enough about Morrigans Cross or the whole circle trilogy . I have read this trilogy 4 times , its really a great Trilogy and with the way its written you feel like you are living the story . This set has everything you could want, brooding vampires, sexy vampire hunters , werewolves,sorcerers, dragons and romance .
Morrigans Cross starts out in 1128 and continues through to present day with the help of the time traveling circle . So much goes on in these books I cant go into to
Jamissmile
Hey Vampire fans, here's another series you might be interested in. I just finished all three books and wow, I'm still dreaming about it!

Of course, Nora Roberts is known for her romance novels so with three men and three woman and three books, I hope you can see where this is going. But Roberts is also known for her many S-E-X scenes so stay away all you PG-13 viewers, or you could just skip over them, it is a book after all.

I really enjoyed this series and I thought that
Terri Wino
Well the description of this one was a little better than the execution. The characters were pretty cliché, but I could overlook that if more would have happened in the story. Just seemed like the bulk of the book was split between arguing with each other and training for the impending battle.
I read a fair amount of fantasy, but this was like "fantasy lite," meaning more like a romance novel with fantasy elements.
I did like it well enough to continue with the trilogy and find out wha
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
As a big fan of Nora Roberts, this was a great start to a trilogy and can't wait to see what is going to happen next in this battle to save humanity. There's also the battle between twin brothers and the evil that has separated them. So much to get through and I can't wait what these characters both ladies and gentlemen that have a battle on their hands. Will Hoyt's powers from the goddess be able to defeat Lilith, with the help of the others; his vampire twin, the witch, warrior, and others hav ...more
Kat
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read! The beginning was a little rocky, but as each member of the circle made their way into the story, I liked the book more and more. They were easy to connect with. I'm excited to find out where the story continues in the second book!
Kelly
Lydia
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: circle
Wayland Smith
Lilith, Queen of the Vampires, is building an army to end the human world. The goddess Morrigan wants to stop it, and gathers six champions from different times and places to form a group to defeat them. They need to become a unit to have any chance of winning, but they don't even trust each other? A witch, a sorcerer, a warrior, a scholar, a shapeshifter, and the one that's lost must find a way to work together or the upcoming war is over before it starts, and humans are doomed.

It's a Nora Rob
MRIDULA
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glenna and Hoyt are adorable.
Nora Roberts makes me happy. Every damn time.
That's all for today guys :)
Jen
I really enjoy this story. I love Hoyt, and Glenna is a good match for him. I love the others of the six, too. I was sad when (view spoiler). But that's not when I cried. Though it's wrong to say I cried; it's more that I had tears pooling in my eyes in certain scenes.

What scenes were those, you ask? Well, there was the one fairly early in the story, when Hoyt was still

• Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • La manzana de Eva (Pecado Original, #1)

Circle Trilogy (3 books)
  • Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy, #2)
  • Valley of Silence (Circle Trilogy, #3)
“know what you want, work to get it, then value it once you have it.” 201 likes
“What is technology?" Cian pulled his brother inside, pushed the button for the next floor. "It's another god.” 48 likes