Start by marking “Corridor” as Want to Read:
Corridor

Corridor

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  285 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
THE ONLY WAY OUT IS TO RUN.

On the eve of his seventeenth birthday, Troy Goggin finds himself inexplicably transported to an impossibly huge, miles-long structure called the Corridor. But what is the Corridor, and why was he brought to it?

It’s a place of mystery, wonder, and heart-stopping danger. It will test him and push him both mentally and physically. His only companio
Published April 26th 2012 by StoneHouse Ink (first published December 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Corridor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corridor

Melanie
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, favorites, rereads
First let me say that Robin Parrish is one of my favorite authors! Not including Corridor, I've read four of his books - Vigilante (#1 on my top ten books read in 2011), Relentless, Fearless, and Merciless. His other two books, Offworld and Nightmare, are on my wish-list. :)

Corridor, from the beginning pages, grabbed my attention. I wasn't even planning on reading this book yet, just thought I'd read the first few pages and then stop. But I couldn't stop. I stayed up WAY too late reading, until
Adam Collings
A boy wakes up in a white room - the light is so blinding he must keep his eyes closed. A voice in his head - the voice of a girl - tells him to run. His life depends on it. He has no idea how he got in this room. Immediately as readers we are hooked. Corridor follows the story of this boy as he progresses through a series of rooms - each one providing another challenge.

For the first few rooms we don't know anything of why this is happening. Just like the protagonist, we are eager to find out. S
Julissa Dantes-castillo
A book of surprise and amusement

This had one of the best beginnings I've read, really interesting, and the end was completed unexpected.
I can't believe I read an entire book with only 2 characters and didn't get bored. Highly recommended
Manda DeGroat
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I actually enjoyed this book. I was surprised by the ending and it reminded me of the maze runner which I also love. This book was interesting in its own way and I love that there are different rooms to conquer through each one. For a moment I thought each room represented a planet. Like the blue room, Uranus. The brown room, Mars (for the sandstorm not for the color) the red room would be like Venus or whatever and the orange Mercury. But I think that was just my mind because some wouldn't make ...more
Erin
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
A fascinating, inventive story which reminded me of a YA version of the movie Cube. Toby awakes in a room filled with blinding white light. He doesn't know where he is or how he arrived there - all he knows is there is a voice in his head that seems to be trying to help him, and that voice tells him that the only way to survive is to run the Corridor, a series of color-coded mazes, traps and ordeals. Can he survive? And who or what created the Corridor, and why?

Highly recommended.
Mojoboy31
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Interesting, mysterious, suspenseful, heartbreaking, thoughtful. And a breakneck pace that grabs you on the first line, and doesn't let go until you've finished.

I've never written a review before, but I felt compelled to write one for Corridor. Its just that good. I cannot recommend it higher.

And at 2.99 on amazon, its a steal. Easily worth the price of admission and then some.

My only complaint is that it isn't long enough. The second it was over, I wished there was more. It looks like it may t
Rebekah Hart
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
You are sucked in on the very first page. This is one of those amazing books that shoves you to the edge of your seat and makes you want to read faster and faster. My only regret is that it wasn't longer. I just finished it and wouldn't mind going back and re-reading it right now.
Ashlee
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I can't...even describe how amazing this book was. Robin Parrish blew my mind away with his crazy-wild imagination. I love this book!

...That's really all I can say. I don't know how to tell you how awesome this book is.
Caitlyn Santi
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 12-for-12
I loved this book! It was so unique and creative, different from anything else I've ever read! Again, I loved this book and was very happy to finally read a book by this author, and I look forward to reading more of his books in the future!
The Book Blogger (inside and in between)
Review soon to come
Melanie
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the 4th time I read Corridor and I loved it yet again! :)
Neroli Dobson
Why, why, why do Christian fiction writers invariably find it necessary to make obvious pointed comments to 'explain' their metaphors? I was quite drawn in to this as a YA dystopian novel from a Christian world view - Parrish has an interesting premise and lots of action that makes this hard to put down - but he just can't resist stating the obvious. Great writers like Lewis and Tolkien never found it necessary to explain their metaphors - their stories speak for themselves. This one could have ...more
Aubree
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
When I read the word 'Corridor,' a giagantic building filled in numerous rooms, some filled with rivers of water and others with flames or lava, was not what I expected.

The ending was a bit boring and seemed to be there just to explain the whole ordeal away without any real effort. But the rooms themselves and the tasks that went along with them were pure genius!

I couldn't put this book down!
D.M. Dutcher
Nailbiter of a book, but I cannot abide the ending at all.

Troy is a boy who wakes up in a corridor. A girl tells him in his mind to run, and it's obvious he will have to survive room after room of deathtraps, for what end he doesn't know. His entire being will be tested to its limits. Will he survive?

It's a derivative situation done well. Adding the girl as Conduit adds an emotional intensity that other dystopian novels lack, and the Corridor itself is internally consistent with an impressive h
Paradoxical
Way to take an interesting concept (though not original) and completely turn me away from the book in the last few pages.

Corridor reminds me of similar books such as The Maze Runner by James Dashner. But it's shorter, less fleshed out, and the characters are rather flat in comparison. The ideas behind each room of the Corridor are interesting, but they fail in execution--mostly I wonder how (view spoiler)
Tim Busbey
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Robin Parrish is one of my favorite authors. From book to book, you never know what to expect from him. Well, let me correct that. You know that you can expect a well-crafted story that will have you turning the pages faster than a speeding bullet. But he has written in a variety of genres - sci-fi, horror, superhero. With "Corridor," Parrish ventures into YA territory for the first time, and the results speak for themselves. He makes the transition seamlessly, crafting a fast-paced story with c ...more
Brian Palmer
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for this one.

Man, talk about a mindjob of a book. Robin Parrish, as always, has crafted an engaging tale that causes you to not only experience what the main characters are experiencing (and there is some awful stuff happening in this one), but he also gets you into their minds as well and gets you thinking about your own life as well. Thought-provoking, gripping and filled with some great twists and turns, this book is a page-turner.

Troy wakes up to find himself in a blinding white sp
Rebeca
After reading all these great reviews about this book, I had such high expectations for it, and I really hate to rain on peoples' parades, but..
I didn't think it was that great. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

I wasn't able to match Parrish's visualizations of his rooms or his world. I was often left confused and held on tightly to the words I read just to gain a sense of what was happening. Parrish was creative, don't get me wrong, but I just didn't think he delivered.
I liked his writing style in
C.J. Sarcasm & Lemons
Read more: http://cjlistro.blogspot.com/2012/05/...

The concept drew me into this story immediately and, I believe, was the story’s greatest strength. Don’t expect a plot thriller. Although it starts out strong, with room-after-room of terror and near misses, the growing relationship between Troy and Victoria is just as much the focus as the journey. Plus a lot of Troy’s internal monologue—how much does he want to live? So this concept. It’s introduced from the first page. Troy wakes up in a blin
Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}
This book is amazing. Fantastic. Any word for really good that you can think of. It's all of those. All I can think of after reading this is, Why haven't I heard of this author before? He's awesome!

Theway Robin Parrish wrote Corridor is what really made me love it. It is so suspenseful. You can't stop reading, because you need to know what happens to Troy. If I did stop, I would just wonder what would happen next. It's addictive.

And the relationship between Troy and Victoria...ohmahgosh it was
Randal Licato
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This story had me hooked! from the first page to the last. The story dives right in and doesn't wander. It moves smoothly forward with every chapter and wasn't too long. It was just right in length for me (but I like shorter books)..and is probably just right for readers that may not like to read a whole lot. It keeps your interest.

The ending was a huge surprise, which I did not see coming. It was also a very interesting ending. I would say the overall story is Sci-Fi/action adventure. I also sa
Jo
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I'll have to come back to this once I've been able to check the official publication dates of the books, but this book (only in places) feels a lot like a copy cat.
The actual book is well written with next to no proof reading errors, so that's good. But the story lacks at the beginning, it's slow and kind of drags on which is really frustrating after a while considering it's a short 150 or so page book.
It's about a boy who (much like the Maze Runner by James Dashner) wakes up in an area with n
Dona Watson
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
I had a hard time trying to write a review for Corridor, new novella by Robin Parrish. The book is definitely SciFi, definitely a thriller, and Parrish’s first foray into YA (Young Adult) lit. Beyond that, it is hard to know where to start. On his 17th birthday, Troy wakes up in a bizarre Corridor, where he has to face one test after another in a series of rooms in which the physical challenges get increasingly harder. Figuring out the reason he is there is as much of a mystery to the reader as ...more
Kesia Davies
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Corridor
5 stars

As the car hit him, everything went white. Did he die? Was it over? Not even close. Troy woke up, thinking he had died, but found himself in a monstrous structure. The corridor. with a mysterious voice in his head guiding him through, Troy has to run for his life to survive the ultimate test of life and death. Every room he enters is a new sickening surprise. An incident that stood out to me was when Troy got closer to the end of the corridor, and had to choose between savi
Lori Watson
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Back in 2009, I stumbled across an author named Robin Parrish and his book, Offworld. It was one of my favorites that year, as it grabbed me from page one and led me on an adventure I could see on the big screen of my imagination. When I discovered he had recently published a YA novel, I was pretty excited to read it. It did not disappoint.

Parrish's writing style throws you in the middle of the action and allows you to live the experience with the main character. He never lets up and you find yo
Ava Fails
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Corridor plays like a movie in your head. The imagery is brilliantly written without being too wordy. Vonnegut would be proud because every word of this book either tells you more about the character or advances the action. With the bookstores full of zombies, vampires, wizards or dragons, Corridor is fresh. It's unique and unlike anything I've read in quite a while. This one is good ol' sci-fi mixed with fantasy that's a wholesome read for anyone. While the main character is on the brink of 17, ...more
Mekerei
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Corridor by A.N. Willis is a YA science fiction novel. It is about travel between parallel universes.

"Stel" has an ability that she doesn't understand. "Stel" is a passionate teenager who doubts herself and her choices. It is a story about discovering herself, her family and her attraction to a boy "Cohl".

I finished this in a couple of days and started the sequel (The Thirteenth World straight away.

Four stars.
Kevin
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Corridor is a fun and quick read. The first 90% of the book reminds me a lot of the "Cube" movies. A guy spontaneously shows up in a chamber-like structure and has to figure out how to escape. Each chamber is filled with it's own unique trap (fire, water, lava, etc.) and time limit the keeps the adventure moving at quick pace.

The character are kind of blah and the ending doesn't really fit the rest of the book. (Granted, this is the type of book where any ending would seem out of place.) However
Kelly Truelove
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was pretty impressed with this book. It's geared toward young adults, but it approaches some very mature concepts in a manner that's not overwhelming. My attention was grabbed from the very first page, and I finished in one sitting, wanting to see what happened next. I came across this book while searching for more books like The Hunger Games, and was intrigued by this "corridor." I am not a huge fan of dystopian or apocalyptic fiction, but I did enjoy The Hunger Games, Feyland, and Gameland s ...more
Nightmoan
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-it-already
Hi this is my first review here.
This is the first book I read from this Author and I'm very pleased.
It is unique book experience for me, because the Antagonist has to go through things that made my mind race through the possibilities of how would I solve that particular challenge and although I read around 60-70 sci-fi a year this experience with a story NEVER happened before.
I recommend to anyone who loves to think from a writers perspective or writer him/herself. Good fast paced read.
Written b
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Crazy Dangerous
  • Bid the Gods Arise (The Wells of the Worlds, #1)
  • The Storm Bottle
  • Defying Mars (Saving Mars, #2)
  • The Prospect of My Arrival
  • Sneak (Swipe, #2)
  • Excelsior
  • Fast-Tracked (Fast-Track Trilogy, #1)
  • The Legend of Shark Island (The Book of the Delmar #1)
  • The Color of Freedom
  • The Dead Whisper on
  • Lux 1.1: Seeds (Lux, #1)
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • Agartha's Castaway - Book 3 (Trapped In The Hollow Earth Novelette, #3)
  • Fusion Fire (Firebird, #2)
  • Beckon
  • Failstate
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
"Robin Parrish is a keen-eyed, passionate pop cultural savant,
whose writing is as incisive and insightful as it is entertaining."
- Allan Heinberg, Executive Producer, Grey's Anatomy
Novelist. Journalist. Pop culture guru.

Just a few words to describe Robin Parrish, a culturally-minded writer with a passion for archetypal mythologies and the truths they represent about the nature of our existence.

Ro
More about Robin Parrish

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“his get up and go had gone up and went” 9 likes
“The Corridor is a series of environments, challenges, and puzzles that have to be overcome. I’m the Conduit, you’re the Runner. I’m here to tell you the rules. You must decide how to use them.” 0 likes