Start by marking “Civil War: Thunderbolts” as Want to Read:
Civil War: Thunderbolts

Civil War: Thunderbolts

(Thunderbolts (2006) (Collected Editions) #0)

The superhuman registration act has been signed into law - sides are being chosen - but what side do our former villains fall on? Well... their identities are already public knowledge - and they sure can get good publicity by hunting down renegade heroes, so... time for the T-Bolts to kick some spandex butt! Plus: Zemo and Songbird? When did that happen? A new base, a new ...more
Published May 2nd 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Civil War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Civil War

Start your review of Civil War: Thunderbolts
Jim C
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a supplemental piece to the Marvel story event of Civil War. In this one, the Thunderbolts are collecting villains for the government while established heroes are wondering if Zemo and his gang can be trusted.

I liked this collection but I believe my limited knowledge of the Thunderbolts did affect my rating. There were two stories in this collection. The first is the current events of this team in their comic run and then the crossover event of Civil War. I really enjoyed the Civil War a
Gavin
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
1.5 Stars if I could...just better than 1 star. Doesn't help to have a bunch of D-List characters in your book, especially if they're not all that compelling. Baron Zemo is about the only thing of mild interest here...I pretty much skimmed until they came into contact with the Civil War (both sides). Even then, with a bunch of characters I've never seen before or know much about, (other than a couple) there's not much to make me care about here.

Avoid unless you've already been following Thunderb
Dan
Mar 22, 2013 rated it liked it
First time I have ever read any Thunderbolts. It is a very nice concept for the books, but this one particular volume did not impress me. I really enjoyed the civil war storyline, and this helped fill in some minute details I was unaware of. The start of this book was kind of slow, and I think it was included because of the whole back story about freeing the heroes from the N zone prison during the Civil War, as Zemo had future knowledge of events.
Simon
Feb 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Contained some insanely important plot developments to understand the main story, but otherwise wasn't particularly keen. Probably because this was my first encounter with the Thunderbolts, so I had no idea who any of them were or what they were about.
Brenda
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
Adds absolutely nothing to the Civil War storyline, and is pretty boring too.
Matt
Feb 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Kind of boring. But I gave it a 3 star because the art was well done. I just could not get into this one.
Eddie
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, comic
I know this is very late but I started breaking up with Marvel due to the Civil War and rarely look back. Those web site sales tricked me, 2.99 I will try it. Nicieza wisely put a better plot within the Civil War plot and Zemo might be the best good Bad guy ever written. Or is the best bad Good guy. Sad it end in a cliffhanger and my childhood fav, Nighthawk, looks like a loser. Art was Ross' best, love it.
Fizzgig76
Reprints Thunderbolts (2) #101-105 (June 2006-October 2006). A war is coming, and it isn’t the Civil War. As the Thunderbolts regroup, they find that the Grandmaster has reassembled the Squadron Sinister with plans for Earth. Using the Civil War as a cover, the Thunderbolts are assembling an army of villains to combat the Grandmaster…but who is plotting against whom? The Thunderbolts have always have always skirted the edge of being heroes, but as in a world where Captain America is a renegade, ...more
Brad
Jun 02, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics, marvel
The least essential Civil War crossover I've read.
Thunderbolts got a massive reboot halfway through the war (collected in Thunderbolts: Faith in Monsters), yet this book doesn't even wrap up the old Thunderbolts' story.
The Thunderbolts reform under Baron Zemo and scheme against the Grandmaster and the Squadron Sinister (also know as the Squadron Supreme and Supreme Power). Then, when the Civil War starts, the U.S. government deputizes them to capture other villains and absorb them into their
Arturo
Sep 16, 2013 rated it liked it
101: Songbird and zemo. 102: speed demon vs joystick. 103-105: Civil War tie in. Zemo recruits, even if by force, for his Thunderbolts Army. Doing his part for the registration act. Yet also meets with Captain America to do his part for the anti registration act.
Civil War adds even more story too an already jam packed book with characters dealin with their own individual threads.
Iv read Thunderbolts since the beginning so I'm always interested where the characters are going. Yet i can see how m
Holden Attradies
At this point I have to say this was an only okay read. If this had been my first Thunderbolts read I probably wouldn't even have finished it, it very much felt like the middle part of the story. I think I also would have been very very disappointed if I had gotten this as a Civil War tie in, very little of it tied in directly.

With that all said I think Once I have read more Thunderbolts, especially the parts of teh series running up to and following this I may enjoy this comic more. But it is v
Mitchell
Yet another completely different incarnation of the Thunderbolts. With vague connections to the Squadron Supreme - a DC knockoff and a pretty good miniseries. These Thunderbolts seem an important part of the Marvel Civil War and yet there is only bare mention of them through the other Civil War books. Some of the characters seem interesting but we really don't get to know them is this book. So kind of not bad but not good. And potential that I'm pretty sure isn't achieved. Though individual char ...more
Todd
What you're just here because this is a Civil War tie-in? Well, good luck! Fabian did not give a flying fuck whether or not this volume made sense to the people who hadn't been reading his book. The Thunderbolts were going somewhere and a mega-event wasn't worth pausing for.

This book is where the relationships get good. Songbird is really coming into her own. Zemo is nuts, but compelling. Radioactive Man is a strangely calm individual. I just miss Karla.
Annette Jordan
Time to see what the villains make of the Registration act. I guess I am not familiar enough with the Marvel universe since I didn't recognise any of the Thunderbolts. Even so when Tony Stark suggested that they take over rounding up supervillains while he deals with the renegade heroes, I just know its not a good idea
Jen
Apr 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
It's not that I didn't finish it, I just skimmed about 1/2-3/4 of this. Boring, don't care about these people (who are they? No familiar names to me whatsoever), no real substance, the chick's motivation is weird, and they are all talking about things I don't know about (even though I read 'Civil War').
Sylvester Kuo
May 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure, comics, fantasy, war
The Thunerbolts joined the supporting side pretty quickly by enlisting the help of captured superviallins to collect theunregistered heroes. Zemo plays an important role in the event which would affect many people.

It was stretched too thin however, not enough story to cover this volume. It's also quite disgusting that Iron man would even consider using supervillains.
Nate
Jul 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
The bad guys are good guys, sort of. You would have to spend far more time in the Marvel Universe than I do to recognize most of the Thunderbolts cast but there struggles and dramas do make for a good graphic novel.
Elliot Huxtable
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I'm not au fait with the Thunderbolts in particular but this is a quite nice standalone volume with a Civil War twist - basically explaining another step on their paths to redemption. Makes me want to read more.
Ondra Král
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Ještě jeden book a dám Niciezův run. Jo! Celé je to děsně překombinováné, každej si jede svou ligu, prostě plány v plánech plánů. Díky Civil War se to krapet uklidnilo (aby mohli eventuelně naskočit noví čtenáře) a blíží se finále. No... sem zvědavej.
2,5*
Angela
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
This does not have that much to do with the Civil War. Zemo leads the Thunderbolts to stop the destruction of earth. In the meantime they are asked by the government to capture supervillains. It's quite action orientated, but there'sa few nice bits, mainly with Captain America. A good read.
Andrew Obrigewitsch
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
this was a pretty good book, I like the fact that the author took the story in his own direction rather than strictly sticking to what was happing in the civil war itself.
Ed
Mar 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty minor from a Civil War continuity perspective, but it's a very fun read. I should get more into the Thunderbolts.
William Dickerson
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
A complex story, but I think it would have worked better if it weren't split up amongst the Civil War storyline. Too much happens between the issues.
taeli
ME CARGAN ESTOS GILES
Steve Magay
Dec 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: junk
All these tie-ins are just a scam to get more money for the civil war event, it offers a silly illustrations and cheap stories.
Christian Smith
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Plot holes/problems:

1. Janice's dad hid a large amount of money in a box and hid it under a bush. A bush! If you have a bunch of money you don't hide it under a bush! Come on
Eric Monné

• Civil War: Captain America
  • Civil War: X-Men Universe
  • Civil War: Iron Man
  • Civil War: Peter Parker, Spider-Man
Fabian Nicieza is an American comic book writer and editor who is best known for his work on Marvel titles such as X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, Cable and Deadpool, and Thunderbolts, for all of which he helped create numerous characters.

Thunderbolts (2006) (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Thunderbolts, Volume 1: Faith in Monsters