Start by marking “Bottoms” as Want to Read:
Bottoms

Bottoms

Bottoms gives you a perspective on art that you may never have appreciated. Showing the fundamental aspects of well-known images, this cheeky book challenges you to identify the full picture behind the detail. Beautiful bottoms from the full spectrum of world art are shown in luscious close-up, uncluttered by text.
Published 2000 by Barnes & Noble

To ask other readers questions about Bottoms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottoms

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

When I got a bad case of the giggles while picking this up I thought I was just being a dirty old lady with the mentality of a 12-year old. However, it turns out this book is about exactly what I thought it was going to be about. Bottoms is an art book that cuts out the middle man and focuses on the TRUE subject matter that is worthy of appreciation in pieces of art . . .

Chicago commercial photographers

Obviously I had to buy it . . .

Chicago commercial photographers

NO! For science. Duh.

Anywho, w
Sarai Lillie
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Art lovers
Recommended to Sarai by: Random book choice
The subject matter was interesting, however, some of the terminology used by the author left much to be desired in terms of, not only aesthetic appeal, but in appropriate usage. Comments such as "has spent too much time at the gym" and "in dire need of exercise" were not only inappropriate for the subject at hand, but were completely useless in describing or appreciating the art.

I was disappointed that the subjects of sexuality and the nude in art were turned into somewhat of a cheap joke... A "
Valerie Lindemann
Candi Sanders
Oct 29, 2017
Jason
Nov 26, 2017
John Edward McKenzie Lucie-Smith, known as Edward Lucie-Smith, is an English writer, poet, art critic, curator and broadcaster.

Lucie-Smith was born in Kingston, Jamaica, moving to the United Kingdom in 1946. He was educated at The King's School, Canterbury, and, after a little time in Paris, he read History at Merton College, Oxford from 1951 to 1954.

After serving in the Royal Air Force as an Educ