Start by marking “Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1)” as Want to Read:
Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1)

Goldie (The Puppy Place #1)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  1,772 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
Charles and Lizzie Peterson love puppies. They want a puppy of their own more than just about anything. They know dogs are a lot of work. But their mom still doesn't think their family is ready for a puppy.

Then, Goldie arrives. She is a sweet golden retriever who needs a home. Goldie is very young. She doesn't know how to be a good puppy yet. Will Charles and Lizzie be abl
Published September 1st 2006 by Scholastic Paperbacks

Ashley
Jun 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. One of my favorite parts is when Goldie comes to Charles and Lizzie's house, and they get to be a foster family for her.
Holly Vanco
Sep 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dogs
This was a fun book, although it was below my reading level. For my Independent Reading Project I read GOLDIE by Ellen Miles. This is one of the many books in the series The Puppy Place. The main characters in this book are Lizzie and Charles Peterson. Lizzie, a 4th grader, knows every fact there is to know about dogs. On the other hand, Charles, a 2nd grader, is really good at socializing with the puppies and making them feel safe and happy. Both kids love puppies, but their mom doesn’t feel th ...more
Nia
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cute childhood series I used to be obsessed with! It is so lovable!!!
Lisa Brunton
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was addicted to this series when i was little
Alexa C.
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this whole series of dog books so long ago and I enjoyed them a ton.
April Murillo
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Goldie is about these 2 children named Charles and Lizzie they both love dogs they wanted one for there own but there mother thinks they aren't ready for a dog responsiblites. They both work at an animal shelter but they can seem to get a home for this puppy so they take her home convince there mom to keep till it gets a home. they traind it and there friend got the dog so they got to see Goldie when they went to the friends house.

This book was really simple but i wanted to read it so i would re
Julesy
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesomely cute first book in a puppy series that kids (and adults, like me!!) will love and adore. The book is perfectly written for elementary-school aged kids. What I loved the most was all the tips and knowledge relayed to raise and take care of a puppy. I am very much looking forward to reading the other books in this series.
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yes
★★★★ Goldie (The Puppy Place book 1) by Ellen Miles
This is a cute story for young readers.
This one is a about a golden retriever puppy, named Goldie. She is a very young puppy in need of a home. But how will she find a home without any training.
Charles and Lizzie like most kids desperately want a puppy. But, mom isn’t sure that’s a good idea. She comes up with the idea of fostering a puppy. This will teach the kids the responsibilities that come with a pet. They have to potty train her, feed he
ABC
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
In this book, Charles' and Lizzie's father brings home a Golden Retriever puppy. Their mom is adamant that they can not take care a dog for the time being, so Charles and Lizzie set about finding Goldie a new home.

The good points: This book teaches kids the proper way of taking care of a dog--training them, what they need and so forth. It is very educational in this respect.

The bad points: Charles and Lizzie have a little toddler brother who is adopted. The book makes correlations between adopti
Charlie
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS EVER!!! I love these series a lot just like Horrid Henry because I love dogs. I have a very similar dog like this: Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1) by Ellen Miles as you can see because its my profile photo.

Title: Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1)
Author: Ellen Miles
Jodi
Nov 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Beginning readers
Cute beginning chapter book for children. My daughter is in kindergarten and she loves for me to read her books about animals. This is the second one we have read in this series (in no particular order) and she enjoyed listening to it.

Emily 5 1/2: I loved it when Goldie tore the man's pants! I loved it when she peed on the rug under the table. People should read this book because it is so funny.
Steve
May 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Once in a while I enjoy easy reads but this was just a bit too easy for me. I wasn't entertained at all. I only picked it up because of the sweet looking puppy on the cover. I sadly think I will forever judge books by their cover. Anyway, I was dreadfully bored throughout the entire book. I really did not fancy reading this.
Ashtyn
Sep 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. In the beginning when Goldie arives I was a little afraid about what's going to happen, because there Mom is more of a cat person. She was not aproved that her husband bought a dog without talking to her about it. So I was afraid they were going to give the dog back.
Julia
I thought this book was filled with lots of funny parts and it is a really great book.

Also this book was filled with care and hope for the puppy Goldie.To find a good home for her while Lizzy and Charles worked really hard for him.
Kaylin
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
This book is very enjoyable to read. This book is about a boy named Charlie and a girl named Lizzie. They are a new foster home for a dog named Goldie. This book was detailed. The genre of this book is realistic fiction. I recommend this book to people who like realistic fiction and dogs!
Rani
Feb 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!
I LOVE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!
Alaina
Feb 28, 2014 added it
It's about a golden retriever that Lizzie's dad rescued in a fire... Charles's friend Sammy adopts Goldie
Caroline Holmes
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I read it in second grade. It is about two kids there firefighter dad and there mom fostering a puppy.
Monique
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love puppies! ♥♥
Jeffrey Holle
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute.
Liz Price Patel
Recommended by second grade.
Anna
Nov 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Cute book
Emmah
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Some kids have allways wanted a dog. Then oneday there dad comes home from putting out a fire whith a dog!!! that is how far i have got.
Twyla
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
there is a cute little puppy is at the Peterson house and they don't want to give her away.then they decided to get charles's parents to take goldie and the plan worked
Katie Callero
You should read this series
Bailey
Feb 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Such a cute book!!
Tuyet
Jan 19, 2014 is currently reading it
i think that i did something wrong
Alaina
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
loved when i was a kid.
Dorian
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book had a cute puppy that was a Golden Retriever, one of my favorite kinds of dogs. Lizzie is a brilliant character and loves dogs as much as I do.
Barbara Ann
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading a book in this series. I enjoyed reading this chapter book that is perfect for beginning readers who love dogs. Lizzie and Charles are two siblings who really want a dog, but their mom favors cats and feels that their family is not ready to shoulder the responsibility of caring for a dog. One day, their father, who is a volunteer fireman, rescues a golden retriever puppy from a fire. The children plead with their parents to keep the pup. When their two-year-old brot ...more
  • Ginger (Dog Diaries, #1)
  • Loudest Beagle On The Block (Pet Trouble, #2)
  • No Dogs Allowed!
  • Absolutely Lucy (Absolutely Lucy, #1)
  • Romeow and Drooliet
  • Dog at the Door (Animal Ark, #25)
  • A Pony for Keeps (Pony Pals, #2)
  • Puppies in the Pantry (Animal Ark, #3)
  • Apple Orchard Race (Ready, Freddy!, #20)
  • Pinkerton, Behave!
  • Dog Finds Lost Dolphins: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Heroes (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Fight for Life (Vet Volunteers, #1)
  • The Three Billy-goats Gruff: A Norwegian Folktale
  • Dog Heroes (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker, #24)

The Puppy Place (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Snowball (The Puppy Place, #2)
  • Shadow (The Puppy Place, #3)
  • Rascal (The Puppy Place, #4)
  • Buddy (The Puppy Place, #5)
  • Flash (The Puppy Place, #6)
  • Scout (The Puppy Place, #7)
  • Patches (The Puppy Place, #8)
  • Pugsley (The Puppy Place, #9)
  • Maggie and Max (The Puppy Place, #10)
  • Noodle (The Puppy Place, #11)