Start by marking “A Game of Thrones: Comic Book, Issue 2” as Want to Read:
A Game of Thrones: Comic Book, Issue 2

A Game of Thrones: Comic Book, Issue 2

(A Song of Ice and Fire Graphic Novels #2)

George R. R. Martin's monumental fantasy epic continues in this dazzlingly wrought graphic novel adaptation. In the second volume of A Game of Thrones, the irresistible plot thickens and the spellbinding magic of a master storyteller deepens.

For Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, a new role now beckons: Hand of the King-a position of power second onl
Comic Book, 32 pages
Published October 2011 by Dynamite Entertainment

jersey9000
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
NOTE- THIS REVIEW IS FOR BOTH BOOK ONE AND TWO. LAZINESS OR EFFICIENCY? YOU DECIDE.

What a great series. I had heard good things for a long time, but never jumped in (probably the inherent fear of starting an epic, multi book story from the beginning, haha), but my friend Jeremiah gifted me the first one and I was quickly hooked. Like a grittier LOTR, without most of the fantasy elements (they are there, but in the background, at least for the first book- they come much more to the forefront in b
✘Tabby✘
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”
Anne
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While this one was better storywise, I really didn't like the graphics when it came to the faces of the characters.

GoT
These two men are King Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark. Luckily, the king is wearing a crown, but otherwise, I'd have to look twice to see who's who due to their very similar facial features/hairdo's.

Got2
And this one pretty much speaks for the rest of the pages.

It's not that the graphics are bad in general. It's just really the facial features I got annoyed with. I don't remember having
Matt Holloway
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
So what I've done is watch the two seasons (ie. first two books), then picked up the second book. Here was my thinking: I'm already too far ahead of the events in the first book to want to read that, but don't know if reading the third book will spoil the third season. I thought I would read the second book and, if the experience was that much better than watching the shows, I'd keep reading the books. But I don't know if it is! The books don't improve on the characterizations of the show, nor d ...more
Syahira
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ned Stark have a nice butt... the end.
Lee
Aug 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
Lois
Stunning artwork.
These are really short and going to throw off my reading challenge.
Fiona Walsh
Jul 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Just quickly I wanted to speak about the second in the Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings. This will definitely include spoilers.

The novel begins in the midst of the chaos, with the characters all trying to deal with the events of the last novel. After the death of King Robert, there are now five kings in the realm – Joffrey, Renly, Stannis, Robb and Daenerys.

I liked this book. It’s definitely not the sort of book you can just pick up on a book shelf. Although Martin
Tim
Jul 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Susan Kerr
May 06, 2012 rated it did not like it

I read the first book because a friend recommended it. I find this book to be gratuitous in every sense of the word: sadistic, violent, sexually explicit, etc. I feel like I am living in Rome and witnessing the days of the gladiator where violence & bloodshed reign. Have we lost all sense of decency in the name of fantasy? I am nearing the end of this book but have no desire to finish. Even the Few innocent or noble characters are systematically executed. What is the point?
As of yet, it i
Mikejonez
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointing
Unless something changes in the individual comics, My reviews will pretty much be exactly the same for each book. I love how the locations look and I love how it follows the book to the letter, Not a basic synopsis but it literally follows entire chapters and I love that.

Aside from that, It's a disappointment. The characters look god awful and are terrible designed. Not to mention that the comic is incredibly short (not even 30 pages), It would take forever to get through the first book if they
Robin
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I started watching this HBO series on the recommendation of a friend. Thank goodness for Fios & On Demand. I was hooked!!! I originally approached reading the series with some trepidation because considering the time period & the importance the details of geography & the linage of the characters plays I figured it may be a hard read. Still like a crack head with no crack, when the series ended, I has to get me a fix and bought the first book in the series. To my surprise it was much ...more
Killian
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: humble-bundle
ETA: And once again the reviews I see on GR for this COMIC BOOK are talking about CLASH OF KINGS. They don't even share the same name people. I just can't even...

Again, not the biggest fan of the art style. But the narrative is still chugging along smoothly. This issue was just the King arriving in Winterfell and what happens up to Maester Luwin's message.

And it included one of my favorite quotes from the entire series:

Alexis Taylor
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can't put this series down! George R.R. Martin does an amazing job of combining the facsinationg world of knights and princes with certaiin elements of dark magic and dragons. A must read for any fantasy lover.
Ellen Baran
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I have all their names straight now, and I am hooked!! I also went out and bought the DVD for the first season of the HBO series. I don't watch television, but I've been tempted to get HBO just for this! But I'm going to try to hold off........
Carolann
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
As the characters spread apart my frustration grew. Took a long while for a payoff.
Jennifer Rolfe
Sep 27, 2012 marked it as to-read
This one twisted and turned and was quite gory.
Kathleen Harold
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
I was not quite as obsessed with this one as I was with the first but I will keep reading. Enjoying reading the books and watching the HBO series.
Fátima García
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
¡¡Necesito el siguiente ahora mismo!!
Ray
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
So we're still not done with episode one yet, but I really like these comics.
Despite the graphics, which I'm not a big fan of, the story has more details and information than the show. Not to mention that there are some differences between the two albeit subtle.

I'm actually thinking I'll end up liking one character that I hated throughout the show *cough* Caitlyn*cough* because she seems fiercer and overall better than in the show, but I'll have to read more to find out I suppose.
Nicolás Pinto
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic, epic, fantasy, digital
De reencuentros (Robert y Ned —al verlo de nuevo no puedo sentir un nudo en la garganta), y primeros encuentros (Jon y Tyrion, este último dejando ya una gran frase de arranque, la primera de muchas: "Todos los enanos pueden sean bastardos, pero no todos los bastardos necesitan ser enanos").
Jimena Gómez
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This starts to get good 🤩🤩
Winter is coming!!! 😘😘
Stacey
Rich graphics, intriguing story. Like most comic books their is often a cliff-hanger. This comic had nudity and some profanity.
Mark
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
(Humble Comics Bundle: Fan Faves & New Hits by Dynamite, 2019)
Swati
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
in this issue we see: Difficult decisions are taken and the road is set.
As I have said before a good way to recap this wonderful epic story.
Nothing much happens in this one.
Meke
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Karen Sipfle
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing - didn't want to put it down!
Jessica
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Another interesting issue. I highly appreciate Tyrion sliding around on shit like he's an acrobat or something. Sadly, not a trait that was given to him in the tv series.
Polly
Apr 21, 2012 rated it liked it
I finished book two a few days after I watched the last episode of season two of the HBO series. My thoughts about the book are tangled up with my thoughts about the series and this review might really be more of a review of the series. I enjoyed book one more than book two and found it a faster read. I also thought that season one was truer to book one than season two was to book two. The descriptions of the scenery, the people and the battles are so vivid that even after having seen the depict ...more
Meredith
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
So Far ..... nice to be reading something challenging after '50 shades of boring'. Can't wait to see what becomes of Ayra.I see her as playing an important role in the future of the Stark family.I watched Series 1 then read the 1st book. Now reading book 2 then following up by watching season 2. Experimenting with whether reading the book first will help me get more out of the series or vice versa.

While it was a little tedious in early chapters, it picked up. Really enjoyed and liked 'the Imp'.H
http://www.alphacuthdsite.com/primaderm-skincare-cream/ 1 2 May 16, 2017 12:19AM

• A Game Of Thrones preview
  • Daredevil: The Man Without Fear #2
  • Serenity: Leaves on the Wind #3
  • Black Kiss
  • Mighty Avengers, Volume 1: No Single Hero
Daniel James Abraham, pen names M.L.N. Hanover and James S.A. Corey, is an American novelist, comic book writer, screenwriter, and television producer. He is best known as the author of The Long Price Quartet and The Dagger and the Coin fantasy series, and with Ty Franck, as the co-author of The Expanse series of science fiction novels, written under the joint pseudonym James S.A. Corey.

A Song of Ice and Fire Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • A Game of Thrones: Comic Book Issue 1