Start by marking “Sacrifice (The Chosen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice (The Chosen, #3)

Sacrifice

(The Chosen #3)

**Includes the short story Middle Ground.** Everything Emma loves has been ripped away-Jake, Will, and her unborn baby. Within minutes of confronting her new reality, Emma is thrust in the middle of a war between two supernatural beings and she's the prize. After convincing Emma that Will is dead, Raphael insists that he's the only hope for saving her son, but she resents ...more
Published March 23rd 2012 (first published March 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

Start your review of Sacrifice (The Chosen, #3)
April Mallison
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Sacrifice is the 3rd book In Denise Grover Swank’s “The Chosen” series. After reading the first two books in the series and falling in love with the characters and the plot twists and turns, I was anxious to read this book and get answers to many of the questions posed in Hunted. (the 2nd book). I was pleasantly surprised to discover that not only were so many answered, but even more were posed, leaving me burning through the pages to discover what would happen next.

In Sacrifice we once again
Brooke
Aug 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I have a love/hate relationship with this series. On the one hand, I love the story and the author's ability to show and not tell. She really knows how to tell a good story and this one is different enough from the paranormal stuff out there that it allowed me to actually be surprised by many of the plot's twists and turns. I found myself caring about the characters and their relationships and really NEEDING to know what happens next.

The hate part comes from 2 things: 1) I hate cliff-hanger
Stormy Udell
Mar 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I would like to warn fellow vocal and emotional readers do not read this in public. I cried, mildly mumbled curses and had quite a few verbalized "Really?!?!" or "WTF" moments. Which are all positive reactions, however when in public it makes you look a little unstable. If you don't mind the stares then go for it but don't say I didn't warn you. Warring gods, non-stop action and not one but two types of love - the one that can only happen between a mother and her son and the one that endures ...more
Jo Ann Reinhold
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have to admit that this book (the third in the series) did get a little annoying at times. At times I heard myself saying "Again..REALLY, come on!!" but that was because I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out where it was headed! Emma became annoying at times and Will sure needed to find himself a new best friend but all in all it added to the story, yep, actually it did :-)
By this time you are so wrapped up in these characters that you are fighting for them to get through it all.
Miranda
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thing are changing....This is a whole new challenge for Emma. Another intense awesome creation by Denise.
I again could not put this book down.
I had my suspicions about many different characters not knowing who to trust. Who will help Emma and who will hurt. I had no idea what to expect and was shocked quite a few times with the twists this took. Was such a fun ride that pulled me in.
Did give quite a cliffhanger but I have every intention of immediately starting the final book of the series.
Ashley Maude-Lecholat
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 3, of the Chosen series, just made it very interesting! Once again I find myself asking the characters in this book to find some answers because they seem so real. The subject is kind of “out there” supernatural powers and being connected to specific elements but it all works so well! In this book we learn a little more about Will and an unexpected action from Emma turns things upside down. Finally, what I had hoped for all along starts to take shape. An excellent cliff hanger ending has me ...more
Nicki
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is so good! Again I couldn't put the book down. There was so much action and suspense I had to know what was going to happen next. I think Emma and Will are some of my favorite characters ever. I am torn between wanting to know how it all ends and not wanting it to end at all.
Jagged
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
"You can do anything if the alternative is unacceptable."

I was apprehensive to read this book. As much as I loved the previous ones, I wasn't sure I was liking where this book was heading. Swank truly is talented. To take me from nervous, to blown away, it's just unheard of. I mean, I can be impressed, and I can be wrong about if I am going to enjoy a book or not; but, it really is a rare feat to have me dead wrong about my initial instincts about a book. I absolutely loved this book.
Swank has a
Deb Smith
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this book, and the entire series a 10, I would!!!!

Sacrifice is the third in a four part series. It is one of the best series I have ever read. Grover Swank has written a wonderful world full of wonderful characters. They are larger than life and you will both love and hate them but you will feel strongly about them all. Will and Emma have been separated and Will's memories have been erased. He is captured by one of the secret societies that have been after them. More of the
Alexandria
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
So I finished this novel in about 24 hours time. It, like its predecessor, fell completely prey to my unquenchable appetite for this series. It was brilliant, once again, and I was not disappointed. This series is like a modern day Greek mythology story. It is full of many surprises and twist. It leaves you wondering what will happen next. And it, most certainly, leaves you begging for more. So upon discovering that the fourth book was already released for the intention of my consuming; my only ...more
Monique
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those that have started this series and need answers.
Sometimes it is hard to keep readers interested in a series by the time they get to book 3. Not Denise Grover Swank. Her writing is so thrilling and appealing that I could not put this book down.

My main reason for loving this series is the relationship between Emma and Will. There is a shift in this book that had me gasping and hoping things were going to be back to normal for them.

The other characters in the book had you on the seat of your pants willing them to stay away.

There is a 4th book
Yvonne
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This series has me hooked! Love the heck out of it.
Marsha
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
After my disappointment with book two in the Chosen series, I was very pleased that "Sacrifice" put things back on track. Our story begins right where the previous one ended, Emma believes that Will is dead and she is heartbroken to the point that she goes with Raphael. He is a sneaky sob as Emma is about to find out. While he lets her grieve her loss for a couple of days he immediately begins applying the pressure for her to hone her abilities and bond with him. Emma's feelings are too raw and ...more
Jennifer Haebich
Holy smokes!

Emma is a badass! Her power grows and so does her knowledge. No matter what gets thrown at her she still gets back up and fights!
Alex and Raphael, are after the same thing but all for selfish reasons. Emma sees through the bullshit but will they dangle something she can't refuse in front of her.
Now Will. I don't want to give away any spoilers but OMG! I freaking new it! You want to know what I am talking about you need to read this book (sorry not sorry). I guess it's true when
CA Portnellus
I gave this book less stars for the great many errors in it. The story also just swirled about like water in a clogged sink, not quite moving forward or building the proper crescendo and resolve for the story arc. Also the characters continue to rehash and rue their foibles and backstories then of a sudden snap out of it and move on. Such 'old tales' become dull especially when something big is looming large on the horizon. We want to engage in the big stuff. The other thing is that the ...more
Amanda
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
3.75 Short review. Third installment in the action packed series. More answers were reveal but also more answers. The chapters with Emma being stuck with Raphael was giving 'Sleeping with the Enemy' vibes Raphael is super creepy I couldn't wait for Emma to get as far away from him as possible. There's a reason for why Raphael is the way he is that will have you feeling slightly sympathetic for what he has gone through. Poor Jake he's being using as a weapon against Emma and being turn into a ...more
Diane Call
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous story!!

Emma and Will are killing me! So are the rest of the characters. Such a plot line with such emotion! Wowza!

Confession: I got so angsty over where this story was headed that I opened the last book and read a few pages of the last chapter so I wasn't weeping like a baby for this whole book like I was for book 2. That's how good this author is. If I die of a heart attack in 2019, it's her fault. ;)

Contains 1-2 very light petting scenes that lead to the bedroom (and that's the
Emily Martin
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After loosing everything and everyone she loves, Emma is forced to train to win a battle she was forced into. Starting to have second thoughts on Raphael Emma isn't sure she can trust him anymore, unfortunately she doesn't have any other choice. Emma has to learn to trust her instincts. Emma continues to develop as a strong character, but also softening in her emotions to open herself to love. This book is incredibly captivating. The plot has twists and turns that I never saw coming. I tried to ...more
Samantha Whitley
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The 3rd book in this series was good, but not as much as I hoped. I felt like the first book was very slow and then the second book seemed to really pick up and get interesting. But after reading the 3rd book, it went back to slow. I am not sure if its because there is SO much going on in this series, but I had a hard time finishing it. I love DGS and all of her books, but this series so far has been my least favorite of hers. But that said, she is still an amazing writer and all of her books ...more
Samantha Malstrom
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Sacrifice is a great continuation of the Chosen set and the tension building up to the end of the series is evident in this book. Things are starting to set in place although new crazy twists and turns happened that I was not expecting at all. I was so engrossed in this book that I couldn’t put it down until the end and I’m only taking a break to write this review before I dive right in to the next book. I know the series will only get better from here and I can’t wait to see the ...more
Shona Edwards
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book as it gets into it straight away, like the others. But you find out alot more. Raphael irritates me so much, he seems like a psycho, as well as Alex. James has just disappointed me. And Will and Emma are just so good as always. This book is well written I was on edge near end of book because I had an idea of what was going to happen and it just drew me in. Can't wait for next book.
Michele Evans
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!!!

This book series has its hooks into me. I can’t wait to hear what happens next. I was so happy about Will and Emma and how they have finally progressed where they should be and have become closer. Each has had so many setbacks and heartaches. I hope they are able to save Jake and get their own HEA. Guess I got to read what happens next!! A million stars! x 100,000!!!!
Khrista Baxter
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How to stay a step ahead

Sacrifice is an amazing read!! I couldn't put it down, it is non stop action from page 1.
So much happens in this book every player in this story is trying to play catch up. Emma is growing in her power and has come to some conclusions about the prophesy. Will has changed yet again being reunited with Emma and getting an unexpected gift from his mother. Jake is still being groomed by Aiden to expand his growing powers.
Jules
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding!!

This is a tense and lethal story of Will, Emma and her son Jacob. Will they ever see the end of this united or gone forever in the after life.
I could not put any of these books down. I felt like I was watching the actions through each if their eyes and hearts.
Once you start, don't Stop!
This is an author like Jeff Wheeler and Dannika Dark. She is beyond them.
Ty for this intense ride.
Brandi Devillier
Oh my freaking wow. Just finished this story and I’m so ready to start the next one. This series keeps getting better and better. It had me on the edge of my seat trying to hurry and read so I would know what was going to happen! It also had me a little teary eyed! The story keeps building and building. My heart aches for Emma that this is all a game and that she will have to choose between the two most important people in her life! I’m so glad I started this series.. now on to the next!
Amanda
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I was able to read this whole series straight through because I don't know if I could have waited for the books to release. I was dying to know how Emma and Will's relationship would pan out after the ending of book 2 and book 3 did not disappoint. Still incredibly fast paced and well written, which kept me turning the pages. Lots of character development throughout this novel as well. And did I mention I just love Emma and Will? One of my favorite novel couples by far.
Jayme Carruthers
Denise Grover Swank, you did it again! Sacrifice was the PERFECT follow up to Hunted and I can't wait to see how it all comes together with Redemption.

This book kept me on my toes the entire time. I had absolutely no guesses as to what could happen next. I'm just so invested in the storyline between Emma, Will, Jake, Aiden, Alex, & Raphael. This isn't my usual genre, but I'm so glad I read this series.
Andrea Hastings
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow! I loved every word and page of Sacrifice! It was full of everything I wanted the 3rd book of The Chosen series. I can feel the story line bubbling to peak and I am excited to reach the peak. I love Emma and Will and their joining. I am excited for more details about Will and Marcus and what changes Marcus brings to the story!
The short story Middle Ground following Sacrifice was also intriguing!
Angela
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are no words that can truly do justice for this book. It is a great read that will have you hooked from the very beginning. There are many twists along the way. Swank continues to develop the characters and reveal some things while causing more unanswered questions.

Plus to it all is that the short story Middle Ground comes with book #3 now.
Melinda
Not my favorite

First this book flows well and is well written as in easy to read and understand. Having said that, it was easy for me to put down. If I wasn't so determined to read all of DGS' books, I would have probably just laid it down and did laundry or something. I LoVe her Piper Lancaster series and the Ellie Lancaster series but this one is just not doing it for me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Reign of Mist (Book of Sindal Book Two)
  • Descended from Shadows (Book of Sindal Book One)
  • Crown of Blood (Book of Sindal 3)
  • Of Blood and Monsters (Piper Lancaster Series)
  • Of Fire and Storm: A Curse Keeper Novel (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #2)
  • Of Ash and Spirit (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #1)
  • Recombinant (The Blood Borne #1)
  • Replica (The Blood Borne #2)
  • Emperor's Throne (Desert Cursed #6)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Dark Hunt (Shadow and Light, #1)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Dark Bound (Shadow and Light, #2)
  • Heir (The Royal Trials, #3)
  • Dark Rise (Shadow and Light #3)
  • The Culling Trials 3 (Shadowspell Academy, #3)
  • Dream Wars: Obliteration (Dream Wars, #3)

The Chosen (4 books)
  • Chosen (The Chosen, #1)
  • Hunted (The Chosen, #2)
  • Redemption (The Chosen, #4)
“You can do anything when the alternative is unacceptable.” 8 likes
“How did you stand it, Will?” His smile fell, but his eyes were warm. “One day at a time, sometimes one second at a time. You can do anything if the alternative is unacceptable.” 0 likes