Start by marking “Asiago” as Want to Read:

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A young vampire meets the challenges of a day at the beach
Published May 1st 2012 by Two Lions

To ask other readers questions about Asiago, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asiago

Angela Lambkin
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Asiago and his friends at the beach! He had a much better time at night.

I chose this rating for the tiny print that I as a reader could not make a bit bigger and more comfortable for one’s eyes. Otherwise a cool book for those who enjoy reading books of this nature. So, I chose to rate this for four stars and wish to recommend this for these kids’ ages 5-6 and or in grades K-1.
I received this book for free using KU, in return, here is my honest review. Great work Adam! By Angela
Mary
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Very fun and enjoyable book that my 3 year old asks for repeatedly.
Fisher
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
lovely illustrations and a great story about friendship, allergies and problem solving
Rachael
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Asiago by Adam McHeffy is the story of a young vampire who simply doesn’t enjoy the beach. The mystery comes in when his friends try to figure out how they can get Asiago to join them and have fun at the beach like the rest of them. Before the story even begins we are given a list of insights or clue that help guide the story, and make the conclusion of the mystery make sense. Asigo is adventurous enough to try the beach, but finds out very quickly that it just isn’t the place for him. He runs i ...more
Patty
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
By
Adam McHeffey

My "in a nutshell" summary...

This is the story of a little vampire who is afraid to play out in the sun!

My thoughts after reading this book...

Hmmm...a sweet little book about a very young vampire who encounters everything he shouldn't on a day tip to the beach with his friends. He gets a sunburn, eats clams and gets a splinter...sun, wooden stake and garlic on a small scale. He's sad that he didn't have fun so his friends come up with an alternative plan! They take him to th
Michelle
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great choice for discussing THEME with younger readers: (One theme being that your attitude makes a big difference in how you encounter things and how sometimes you have to try things more than once to find out all about them & enjoy them. What great messages for a kid!)

My 6-year-old son saw this in the library and I'm glad he did. He and I both enjoyed it, and I took it to school to read to my elementary students with great success, too. It's really fun to read Asiago's line in a funny ac
Cate Levinson
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I expected to hate this book. I picked it up to peruse it, and there is just something about a transylvanian accent. I finally gave in during the scene where Asiago and Wendy share a nosh of baked clams, and I read this dialogue:

"Vendy," he asked, "was there...gulp...garlic in those clams?"
"I think so, Asiago. Why? You don't like garlic?"
"They ver delicious, but garlic is just about the verst think for a young vampire."

It just got to me. And I reread it, and I have to say it's an adorable buddy
Carissa
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a cute story about a little vampire boy and his human friends who all go the beach. My issue is that somewhere in the middle of the book the vampire breaks dialect, which does not seem intentional.
Renee Delcourt
Cute

My boys thought the book was really cute. Wouldn't be something I would really buy though. Renting is nice. :)
Shelli
Jul 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Asiago loves to hang out with his friends. However, being a vampire puts certain limitations on how he can spend time with them. A trip to the beach?? This could be problematic.
Rebekah
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute story. I really loved that the kids found a way for Asiago to enjoy the beach too. I would be interested in more Asiago adventures.
Alex Galarza
Asiago, the young vampire, spends a day at the beach. But it quickly become clear that the beach is no place for a vampire.
Oel