Start by marking “Once We Were Like Wolves (Tears of Rage, #2)” as Want to Read:
Once We Were Like Wolves (Tears of Rage, #2)

Once We Were Like Wolves

(Tears of Rage #2)

In this second volume of TEARS OF RAGE, Julianna continues to come to terms with being named as high priest by the god of vengeance she freed from his thousand year prison. Still fleeing from her enemies, Julianna has her first encounter with her new god's followers, and she learns that being the first chosen comes with a higher price than she expected.
Published December 21st 2011 by Bard's Cloak of Tales

Gregory Close
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book has lots of depth (really wonderful world building - especially in terms of divine and mortal history and how the beings interact - but it never bogs the action down). Almost zero exposition that's not covered through normal thought/conversation.

Also, the characters move through the plot naturally. Events aren't forced and solutions, even using powerful magic/miracle, are well-thought out and logical.

Highly Recommended.
Meredith Scarborough
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Even better than the first book, Once We Were Like Wolves heightens the action, deepens the characters, and broadens the lore of the Tears of Rage series. I particularly liked the development of our main character, Julianna.
Volpot
Excellent book, Very compelling
Michele
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Darn it, I really loved this book. Had to buy the next one. Exciting and well written.
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original post here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2012/07/indie-book-review-once-we-were-like.html

Finally! It has taken me forever to get this here. I am glad I finally can share this. Once We Were Like Wolves is the sequel to Tears of Rage and I am glad to report, I think this was better than book 1. The story is amazing and we get more characters that are very interesting. One in which I think I have a crush on. Oh yes, I have a big smile on my face.

This story continues to follow our mai
Lisa Cox
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is actually the first M Todd Gallowglas book I purchased. The title grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Then I found out it was the 2nd of the series, so I started with First Chosen instead. I'm very glad I read them in order.

Once We Were Like Wolves picks up where First Chosen leaves us. Julianna has come out of all the conflicts victorious enough to satisfy the reader, but there are many realistic things she did not conquer, and her very existence has changed. We go through all the emotions w
Shay West
Mar 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Gallowglas continues the saga of Julianna as the new Lord Morigahn. Grandfather Shadow has great plans for her but first she must figure out how to use her gift of miracles if she is to beat her enemies. As always, the Gods and Goddesses are playing their own game, often placing the mortals right in the middle.

However, Julianna isn’t alone. With her faithful friend, Faelin, and a band of followers, she sets out to become the most powerful Lord Morigahn the world has ever known.

What I really lo
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This book continues where book 1 left off and the adventure just keeps on coming. Juliana is still learning about her new role in life and now not only must she learn about what she can and can't do but she must also figure out where everyone else stands in this too. Are they with her or against her. As the first woman Lord Morighan in history, she is in uncharted territory and only has her own wits, Faelin and Grandfather Shadow for support.

This story keeps on getting better. You are drawn in t
David
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just got done reading the second book in the "Tears of Rage" series, and it truly holds up to the first. Mr. Gallowglas continues the fantastic, beautiful, and terrifying world he has created drawing your connection with the characters from the first book even deeper, while making you latch onto and love the new ones as well. If Mr. Gallowglas keeps this up I fear we will lose him as one of the best indie writers out there because a large publishing firm is going to pick up him and his fantastic ...more
Diana
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Out of the three books written so far "Once We were like Wolves" is the best. Mostly action packed, this book also introduces one of the most unforgettable characters ever written. (Think captain Malcolm Reynolds for Firefly) The god, Grandfather Shadow, wants to make sure none of the elder gods are released but all the lesser gods are trying to plot there own rise. Meanwhile in the world of man all the religions/societies are vying for their own power. Our heroine Julianna is still trying to ge ...more
Roger
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I found this book to be pretty enjoyable but was a bit confusing for me. Part of the confusion is due to the naming, there are quite a few complicated names that I have no clue how to pronounce. Also, the usage of the different languages is nice but there usually isn't any explanation of what is actually meant by them so I have no clue what's going on at some points. I will finish the series because it is does have interesting magic system and the god hierarchy is interesting.
Fatma Alici
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked the first book, but this one I loved. The plot moved much faster than the first one. Most likely, because the much needed world building was done.

The interplay between the Gods, mortals, and the Lords of Judgement is fun, exciting, and has enough of a twist to feel new.

And, my love of Faelin and Juilanna continues to grow. I already brought book three, and looking forward to it.
Julie
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good story but..

It really needs an proofreader and/or editor. The errors in this story can be very distracting, how many times can you change the spelling for a character's name on the same page? Annoying.

But the story is still good enough for me to buy the next book.

Todd, please find a better proofreader.
David Teachout
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, kindle
The story of the celestial war with people as puppets continues, fast-paced and filled with action. World-building is kept to a minimum to focus on the basic plot, keeping the story fantastical without over-simplifying. The characters evolve given the context of the dire situations they find themselves in and do so in ways that largely credible. A quick and fun read.
Josh
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. It was good to meet new characters and new players. We start to see a bigger picture of all the schemeing and manuvering that is occuring in the constant quest for power. Looking forward to the next book.
Warren
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Started saying the word "miracle" too much, and some errors that make it seem as if the book was dictated (homonym problems). Otherwise, good story and interesting premise.
Sandra Gilbert
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent continuation from 1st book. Elements are starting to all come together and flesh out the characters and the story itself. Can't wait for the next one.
Olivia
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
A good book filled with love, hate, friends, and enemies. A bit confusing at times, but overall fun story. Someone who likes action and adventure might enjoy this book.
Mike Gehrs
Apr 11, 2012
Doug
Jul 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
M Todd Gallowglas has been a professional storyteller at Renaissance Faires and Medieval Festivals for over twenty years. After receiving his Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing from San Francisco State University in 2009, he used his storytelling show as a platform to launch his fiction career. He is the author of the Tears of Rage and Halloween Jack series, which have spent time on various best ...more

Tears of Rage (4 books)
  • First Chosen (Tears of Rage, #1)
  • Arms of the Storm (Tears of Rage, #3)
  • Judge of Dooms (Tears of Rage, #4)