Start by marking “Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)” as Want to Read:
Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)

(In Death #6)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  35,476 ratings  ·  1,178 reviews
He is an expert with the latest technology...a madman with the mind of a genius and the heart of a killer. He quietly stalks his prey. Then he haunts the police with cryptic riddles about the crimes he is about to commit--always solved moments too late to save his victims' lives.Police lieutenant Eve Dallas found the first victim butchered in his own home. The second lost ...more
Published 2004 by Piatkus (first published November 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Vengeance in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vengeance in Death

·  35,476 ratings  ·  1,178 reviews

Start your review of Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Another fantastic installment to the Eve and Roarke Show.

I love that we got to know more about Roarke, his past, and his part misdeeds in greater detail.
I also love that we got to go home with him for a spell.
Duchess Nicole
Vengeance feels good...especially when Roarke the Irish is involved... “I want you to take note, Commander, that turning in my badge would be like cutting off my arm. But if it comes down to a choice between the job and my marriage, then I lose the arm.”

Gotta say, that line surprised me.This would be the first time that I've felt as if Eve and Roarke were on equal footing with regards to their affection for each other. That's not to say that I ever doubted Eve's love for Roarke. Just her abilit
Alex ♈
Suspense 5 stars / Romance 3.75 stars

Damn, it was intense!
Bloody, creepy, barbarous – perfect reading matter before you fall asleep *mwahahaha* 😈

But Eve fears nothing!

😱Brilliant!😱

Romance: I can’t believe it, but they killed an ex from Roarke… again. Really? Will they kill all hundreds/thousands women, who were unlucky enough to warm his bed?
It’s getting old…

In what book exactly will they hurt Summerset?
Like physically and hard?
Can’t wait to read it…
Phrynne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It is quite a few years since I first read this book and I had forgotten just how good it is! Eve and Roarke are still at the very early stages of their relationship and they have a lot of issues to start working out. There are many emotional scenes along the way, but there are also a lot of fun ones. Roarke has the ability to see the humour in Eve's unusual ways and they both have a talent for making funny comments.
Summerset has a major role to play in Vengeance and sometimes it is hard to be s
Jaya
3.65⭐
The mystery was a bit meh but the dynamics and dialogue between the characters made it a wholly entertaining read.
Brenda
Inspector Eve Dallas was ready to clock off on time for a change when her life and that of Roarke’s changed dramatically. With a killer out there determined to get to Roarke, and Dallas equally determined to stop him, hers was a race against the clock. And a race against an evil madman with a heart filled with a want for revenge.

Would Eve, Peabody and Roarke manage to stop the killer before he struck again? Before he tore Eve’s life apart?

Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb is #6 in the In Death se
Jilly
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Six books in and I'm still not quite sure why my book-boyfriend, Roarke, likes Eve. This woman is so completely rude and horrible to him 99% of the time, that I feel like maybe he's a masochist.

Brian's face broke out in a wide grin as he slapped Roarke on the back. "That's a woman, isn't it?"

"Delicate as a rose, my Eve. Fragile and quiet natured." He grinned himself when he heard her curse, loud and vicious. "A voice like a flute."

I guess it's all about perspective..

And, well, if he likes c
Mo
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Roarke and Eve. They just get better and better in every book.

♥Sharon♥
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I am starting to make a small dent in the 40 or so books that are in this series. With each one I read I fall in love a little more with Roarke and Eve....separately and together. Kudos to J.D. Robb for writing two amazing leading characters and for surrounding them with side characters that only make these two better.

In Vengeance in Death it is Roarke's past that triggers the killings that take place. Eve feels the personal hit and for the first time, the love of her career is challenge
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: J.D. Robb Fans
5 Real Roarke/Eve Love Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
I can say Spoiler Free because I have already announced my undying love for these books, hahahahahhahahahahahahaha. Seriously, though, J.D. Robb AKA Nora Roberts took her imagination in 1095 with the first entry of this series and placed this couple in 2058.

In 1995, I can't remember if the computer was actually as advanced...there were rumblings of what was to come...but nothing could have prepared Ms. Roberts to have the type of insight she shows
Hulya Kara Yuksel
I'll never, ever get tired of reading this series! I love Roarke & Eve so freaking much. :)

"If Times Square intimidates you," Roarke began, "perhaps you could practice the naked dancing at home."
"Oh, bite me."
"Darling, I'd love to, but you're on duty."
"Get in the goddamn car." She jerked a thumb at Peabody, who was currently doing her best to pretend she was deaf and blind.
"Please, Eve, these public displays of affection must stop. I have a reputation."
"Keep it up, ace, and I'll give you a pub
Carol
4 stars.🌟🌟🌟🌟
6th book in this spellbinding and truly addictive series .
I have been super-jonesing lately for another dose of Eve and Roarke💕, this book really hit the spot for me in that respect even if the mystery itself is possibly my least favorite so far (still a solid 4 star read).
In this one we get to learn more about Roarke's childhood in Ireland and his close friendship with Summerset - all really good stuff.
Borrowed this ebook from my library - and I am happy to be moving right on to t
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
The best one yet!!! Such an awesome book.<3 ...more
Carolyn
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, mystery, futuristic

Eve Dallas has her hands full when a tech savvy religious madman starts killing people in a slow torturous manner. When it becomes clear that the victims have a link to Roarke and Summerset's past she knows she must hunt down the killer before he can kill again.

This series is developing really well. Eve and Roarke have been married for a few months now and their relationship is still evolving. Eve still finds it hard to accept that this sexy, handsome man can love her and Roarke is frustrated th
Belles
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2018, z2019
I like that we got to know more about Roarke's past in this one. Still a 5-star series.
Ann Lou
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better and better.  This one's pretty disturbing with me being Catholic.  My stomach's not that hard after all with the mutilation and disembowelment of body parts *shudders* But what can I say? I am hooked with this series.

We have a murderer who calls himself the "the wrath of God".  An avenging angel who thinks he has been called on to do his work.  He gives  riddles to Eve as to who and where she can find the victim.  If she can save the person.  Let the games begi
Somia
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another strong addition to a series that has me hooked.

In this book, Eve is faced with a particularly driven, sadistic and brutal killer, one who is eager for vengeance, and who has his sights set on destroying Roarke and people/friends from Roarke’s past, so we see a very determined Eve, racing against the clock to catch the killer before he can strike again, and before Roarke can get his hands on him or vice versa. Eve has always valued the law more than anything else in her life so it's inter
This series just keeps getting better and better, in Vengeance in Death Eve is faced with a particularly sadistic and brutal killer and it's even more personal than ever when he is going after targets from Roarke's past. Eve has always valued the law more than anything else in her life so it's really interesting to see her in a position where she is uncovering more of the unsavoury side of Roarke's history and she has to decide whether she loves him enough to look past the things he did as a you ...more
Kirsten
Jan 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I've read this one. It is definitely in the top 10 of the In Death series and probably one of the meatiest of the stories. We get a lot of Roarke's past exposed and show more of his vulnerability. I like those much more. A lot of scenes with him just show him as a sort of elite superman, I like it better when I see inside him.

*****************************************************************************
Hadn't read this one in some time - definitely the first t
Chan
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AUDIOBOOK

I adore GR and my GR friends
description/

Eve Dallas went too far in the last book. It struck a nerve and I wasn’t sure when I was going to continue with the series. BUT my awesome GR friends encouraged me and told me that Eve kinda mellows out.

I’m so glad I listened because this one was amazing. I even got a tour of Roarke’s homeland. Eve’s edge was there, but she wasn’t being a butthole.

On to the next!
Apoorva

This was my most favorite in the series by far. I laughed like, a lot, even when it was totally inappropriate- obviously, it's me we're talking about. I don't smile much but I like to laugh. And did I say I'd do no more than beg to have Roarke as a husband? Well, I amend my statement- I would add one more please in my begging process.

And sweet God, let Summerset not be such an uptight ass from now on when she literally put her life at stake to save him. I don't like the way he is with
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View on Under the Covers

(In Death # 6)
by J.D. Robb
Romantic Suspense

VENGEANCE IN DEATH is ice, frigid. Or as the eccentric Mavis would say, mag. I think this book just topped my previous favourite, RAPTURE IN DEATH. There were so many good things about this book that I’m not sure where to start. First off, the case that Lieutenant Dallas has been dealt is a gruesome one. It hits a little closer to home because of the violation that these victims have endured and it all seems to
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Love, love, loved this series. It really tested both Eve and Roarke. Memories of the past coming to haunt them both but also nearly effecting your loved ones too. Really glad I'm re-reading this series.

Review for July 13,2019
As you know I love this series but this was a rough one for Roarke and Summerset. This in the past has come to haunt them but when they all learn who is causing the kills it becomes sad and a bit crazy. I don't understand why you would do that to your own flesh and blood but
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
The past always catches up to you. Always. This time it caught up to Roarke in a gruesomest way possible, leaving him no other choice but to face it once again.

I know, the weirdest things get me excited, but can you blame me? It's Roarke getting back to his roots, to Dublin, to his past. Yay! And I never loved him more.

The killer is doing away with people from Roarke's past and zeroing in on him with every step, but Eve would never let anything happen to the man she came to love fiercely. She'l
Kjen
Another awesome InDeath re-read! One of my favorite exchanges happens in this book. It is the one where Brian from Ireland finds out that Roarke married a bloody cop...Eve replies that she married a criminal and no one ever thinks about that! Then there is the whole "icicles forming in Hell" comment from Brian...Priceless!!! Loved seeing how Eve and Roarke worked through some of their most perilous philosophical ground to become an even more complete unit. Their total acceptance of each other, d ...more
Eldarwen
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A blast from the past! I enjoyed this one a lot. The relationship between Eve and Roarke gets tested in so many ways on a regular basis, yet they always come through.

I did feel for Summerset in this one. Cannot have been easy to be forced to remember such unpleasant events and then everything else as well. Wonder how he and Eve are going to interact after the events of this book? Such a shame that Eve doesn't have a piece of junk anymore to park where it annoys him the most haha.
Lauren
4 Stars

Eve Dallas’s loyalties are one again put to the test when her husband’s oldest friend and closest confidant, Summerset, is framed for a series of murders targeting acquaintances from his shared past with Roarke. As the evidence against him accumulates, Eve must put aside her animosity for the man in order to capture a brilliant yet deranged killer guided by a warped sense of vengeance.

Roarke’s criminal past is front and centre in this installment and readers are treated
Tilly Slaton
A religious nutjob sociopathic serial killer targets Even and Roarke (Shocker!). Extremely bloody mutilated bodies are found and Summerset is tied to more than one murder.

Hating the snobbish, uptight asswad, Eve still finds herself using every resource to prove that he should not be her prime suspect. If only the dude would follow her advice and stay close to home.

Avenging the rape, mutilation, beating and death of Summerset daughter, Roarke is forced to make a list of those who provided him i
Lisa Kay
★★★★★ J.D. Robb (AKA Nora Roberts) should get some kind of award for creating a married couple whose relationship remains H.O.T. Yup. Roarke and Eve still have it. Loved the suspense in this futuristic police procedural, too. I’ve said it before, but Susan Ericksen was born to narrate this series; she outdoes herself again and just keeps getting better.

In Vengeance in Death, the sixth in the In Death series, we get to see into Roarke’s past. And the Irish billionaire has one, filled with pai
ElaineY
So I've only read six so far and there may be another In Death book that I'll enjoy better than this one but so far...this book was everything I look for in a romantic suspense.

The dialog is snappy and the story zips through like one of those futuristic cars. There's never too much of Roarke, is there, so delving into his past can't but make this installment a winner.

Summerset is especially unlikeable here and I hope there's a change in his attitude towards Eve after this. While I find the snoot
Book Series Chara...: Vengeance in Death 8 3 May 23, 2016 09:16AM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Vengeance In Death (Nov. 2013) SPOILER ZONE 194 110 Jan 16, 2016 12:35PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #32 - Vengeance in Death 1 1 Apr 28, 2014 06:09AM

• Concealed in Death: by J. D. Robb -- Review
  • Hot Rocks
  • J D ROBB SERIES CHECKLIST - Reading Order of IN DEATH
  • Hideaway
  • Under Currents
  • The Last Honest Woman (The O'Hurleys, #1)
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • Sanctuary
  • Maltese Vulture Murder (Merry Wrath Mysteries Book 13)
  • Skin Deep (The O'Hurleys, #3)
  • Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy, #2)
  • Best Laid Plans (Jack's Stories, #2)
  • Night Smoke (Night Tales, #4)
  • Flirting With Danger (Samantha Jellicoe, #1)
  • Billionaires Prefer Blondes (Samantha Jellicoe, #3)
  • Emergency Kittens!
  • Concealed in Death: by J. D. Robb -- Sidekick
  • Born in Ice (Born In Trilogy, #2)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)