Start by marking “The Younger Man” as Want to Read:
The Younger Man

The Younger Man

Abby runs her own agency, providing beautiful girls for promotional events. She needs a new website and when she calls in the web contractors, none other than the gorgeous, sexy, young Marcus turns up. Abby had met Marcus at a party a few weeks earlier and they had an amazing one-night stand. Abby is not unhappy to see him again. He is rather divine, after all. It's just t ...more
Published February 2012 by Penguin Australia

To ask other readers questions about The Younger Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Younger Man

Catriona
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it
I actually kind of enjoyed this one. I mean, I knew it was a load of complete and utter crap, but it took me away from my own life, and let me fantasize a little.

The writing was basic. It’s easy to read, holds the flimsy plot, and, well, doesn’t make you think too hard. It’s chic lit. If there were any deep philosophical themes underlining this ‘great’ love, then no one would want to read it. Chic lit is supposed to be crap, and easy to read nonsense is just what we want sometimes…am I right?

Li
Librariasaurus
I think I finally know what a contemporary novel is. Zoe Foster has written a pretty decent book with The Younger Man and it is absolutely for your twenty-something to thirty-something crowd. It reads like Sex and the City for Aussie girls.

Her characters are your best friends and sisters and the women you work with, highly relatable and very realistic, I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually based on Foster's own friends.

Marcus is an amazing male lead. Albeit it a bit unicorny, and by that
Anna
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not usually one to read 'chick lit', but as The Younger Man was work's book of the month I decided a change may be nice. I wasn't wrong here, but I also wasn't entirely right...

The humour in this story was probably my favourite bit about it, very clever, and lighthearted. As a general rule I wasn't enamoured with the characters and their interactions, there was something just that little bit too familiar about them which became a little unnerving. As well as this, there was something sickly
Maryanne
Oct 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book sucks and Zoe should be embarrassed
Tracey Anderson
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Maddi
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-shelf
Nice light read that started off slow but finished really beautifully! I love Zoe Foster-Blake’s writing but I think I definitely preferred The Wrong Girl to this one!
Michelle_Mck
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aww-2012, chick-lit
I picked this book up last night because the book I was reading was doing my head in, my off again fella kept ringing me and I was feeling in need of something that would make me forget about my own heartache for a moment in time and instantly thought of Zoe Foster's new book which I had fortuitously picked up from the library. I knew I secretly wanted to save the book for a rainy weekend but with no Prozac on hand it was to TheYounger Man I clung/groped umm I mean read.

I wasn't disappointed, ha
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
I quite liked this book. I don't think I liked it as much as I liked The Wrong Girl, but I did enjoy it. Abby is a woman in her mid-30s, accomplished, self-employed and not looking for a relationship. Naturally, this idea is challenged when she meets Marcus, a guy of 22 who was only meant to be a one night fling. I liked the dynamic between these two, Foster plays them off one another and as they clash and blend it's a great read.

I liked that Marcus was mature and serious, but knew how to have f
Teagan
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
A quick little rom com that is quirky and true to form. The novel highlights that often our realities are way better than the make believes that go on in our land of dream. I enjoyed the contemporary wit that is used throughputs Zoe Foster Blake's writing. A good read for when you want a laugh and don't need to over think it!
Lauren Taylor
May 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Although Abby drove me crazy sometimes, by the halfway mark I could not put this book down. Cleverly written, I absolutely loved it!
Rosie
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
After my girl crush on Zoë Foster Blake deepened as a result of reading The Wrong Girl and Air Kisses, I decided to give this one a go. And I was not disappointed.

Light-hearted, relatable and easy to read chick-lit seems to be Foster Blake’s specialty. Abby Vaughn, 33 year old business owner in the sexual prime of her life, assumes she will never again see that sexy, 22 year old stranger as she kicks him out of her house at 2am, warning him off with tales of a fake fiancée.

That is until she hir
Lisa
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: paper, 2017-read
This book has been sitting on my pile of ‘to read’ for longer than I’d like to admit. It took me awhile to get to, but it was a great read when I finally got around to it. Let’s call it what it is though: light hearted, rom-com, and charming. If you want a book to read while you’re on holidays, that you can pick up and abandon and not have to devote too much brainpower to, this is a winner.

It was funny, it was clever and frothy. The characters aren’t in depth, the situations are caricatures and
Island Reading - Jacqui
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As far as chick lit goes, I think Zoe Foster Blake wins the crown.

This book was so easy to read and kept my attention the whole time. The characters are so likeable and believable and like I said in my review of her other book, Zoe writes like a regular Aussie girl in her twenties/thirties would speak. It's like reading about your own friends' lives (perhaps more dramatic though)!

I would recommend "The Younger Man" and "The Wrong Girl" to anyone looking for a very light but fun and scintillating
Mandy Fairchild
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A nice escape from reality, kept me entertained while on a relaxing holiday
Keely Hallowell
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75*
Jemma
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just what I needed. A sweet, easy read after a heavy classic. Zoe created a very witty and heart warming story that I found very relatable. Just cute in every way <3
Kim Tee Em
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun and frivolous. Nice distraction on a busy and stressful month.
Sarah Walsh
Romance for the millennial. Romance is boring.

I do like her narrative voice though.
Kerri Jones
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great holiday read with surprisingly good narrative for chick lit. Predictable plot but it’s exactly what I want and expect from this kind of novel. I’ll read more of this author anytime.
*Lee*
Probably a 2.5 - had its moments.
BB
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely one of my more favourite books by Zoe Foster Blake.
Nicki
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: gave-up
DNF 50%. It wasn’t the book. It’s me. This was a nice chick lit with good characters, but I’m just not feeling this genre at the moment.
Marijana Stojanovic
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
It is funny, easy to understand and quick to read.
Juliana Sayago
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Regardless of the facts that books is full of predictable events, it's well written and entertaining and makes you want to have a Marcus around
Rebecca Skye
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
An easy light read, predictable but well written.
margie colton
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

Great book loved the story perfect girly one for my holidays. Would recommend to other friends for a easy read.
Brittany Sorensen
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, lighthearded
Rachael
A book I always go back to read again - love it! :)
Charming Language
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I’m not quite sure when I started thinking of twenty-somethings as ‘the young people of today’, imbuing them with faults ranging from an unwarranted sense of entitlement to a reckless disregard for socially acceptable skirt length, but I have made that leap. And, like the book’s protagonist, Abby, I need to remind myself occasionally that you can’t write off an entire generation based on the behaviour of a few. I am most offended when people make similar assumptions about my thirty-something fri ...more
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
  • Talk to Me
  • Celebrity Bride
  • The Girl in the Hard Hat
  • By Starlight
  • An Almost Perfect Love Story (Love Story, #3)
  • Girls' Night In
  • Man Drought
  • Wish Upon A Star
  • Becoming Scarlett
  • One Thing Led To Another
  • Matilda Is Missing
  • Wings of Fear (Border Watch #1)
  • Last Summer
  • The Secret Ingredient
  • Blame
  • Bella's Run
Zoë Foster Blake is an Australian author, columnist, editor, and cosmetics entrepreneur.

She took off her WAG sash in 2009 after almost a decade in the world of football, and far too many pies and beers in the grandstands. She was the Beauty and Lifestyle Editor at Cosmopolitan magazine before becoming Beauty Director at Harper's BAZAAR. Zoë is currently the Editor in Chief of online beauty destina