Start by marking “Snow White & the Huntsman” as Want to Read:
Snow White & the Huntsman

Snow White & the Huntsman

A breathtaking new vision of a legendary tale. Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman who was dispatched to kill her.
Paperback, First Edition, 220 pages
Published June 5th 2012 by Poppy

To ask other readers questions about Snow White & the Huntsman, please sign up.
Kayla Not really.I guess there are like little crushes but nothing actually blossoms out of it.

Richard Cardenas
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-favorites
I did it!! I finished the book before I saw the movie at 5:00pm today.

MOVIE:
You know what? I loved the book and the movie. Charlize Theron is a wonderful actress and she went hard as the Evil Queen "Ravenna". Chris Hemsworth *Swoon* I love him and as "Eric" he was perfect. I can't see anyone replacing him. Now onto Snow White... Snow... Oh, Snow... Kristin... Snow... WHY? To be honest I still don't think she brought anything to "Snow White". I'm sorry Twilighters but she will forever be Bella f
Jasmine
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Kristen Stewart fans
Recommended to Jasmine by: The movie
Unlike most, I rather enjoyed the Snow White & the Huntsman movie. Charlize Theron as Queen Ravenna was almost hypnotic to watch, while Chris Hemsworth was – as usual – an utter treat to see in yet another period-esque yet action based film. These two were in their element throughout. Even the newbie actor Sam Claflin did a good job.

The cinematography and scenery were fantastic. And the costumes were just fabulous! These two elements were the movie's strongest points, which is why it was nom
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I have no idea why I wanted to read this book. I just saw the cover and felt like I had to do it. Are they trying to brainwash me? Quick, bring me my tin foil helmet!

Snow White and the Huntsman comes as a pretty good concept. I like the idea of the Raven Queen, the creepy forest, the Huntsman *coughchrishemsworthcough* and Snow White being finally useful. But imagine having to squeeze all this in 200, give or take, pages. It feels hurried. Many scenes end up shortened, stiff and uninteresting. T
Caroline Victoria Murphy (CazzReadsYA)
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Warning: MIGHT be spoilers.. I say a bit about the plot but I've done my best to leave out spoilers, but a couple might of slipped

I've seen the advertisement for the film on TV many times and it looks amazing, but going to the cinema is so expensive so I can't afford it which is why I decided to pick up the book instead.

And I'm so happy I did..

As you can tell from the title, this is a re-telling of the fairy tale Snow White by Brothers Grimm and it was also made into a Disney movie.

I am a huge
Kira
Aug 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fairy-tales
I should have known better than to read a book based on a movie based on a folk tale, but I read it anyway. It had a lot of potential, plot-wise; I would be all about a well-written story in which Snow White escapes her evil stepmother and is trained to fight in order to kill the evil queen. But the book moved too fast. A teenage girl who has been locked in a dungeon for ten years is not going to be physically fit, even if she had spent those years doing situps and pushups and jogging in place ( ...more
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
I so wish this book was better. I wish it was 200 pages longer and written with more detail.

Alas, it is not so.

Full review this afternoon. Such disappointment. Wow.
Selenita
Mar 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
OK, sé que en realidad no es una novela sino un guión novelizado, ¡pero podría haber aprovechado para corregir los defectos de la película! O sea, al tener más tiempo para desarrollar la historia por no tener un límite de tiempo, lo suyo es que hubiera rellenado las lagunas existentes y desarrollado mejor la trama y a les personajes. Eso no ocurre. Se mantienen los mismos fallos y deus ex machina, pero quitando el atractivo visual. Es decir, lo mismo que en la película y sin las ventajas de esta ...more
Leeanna
Jun 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
Tie-in books are hit and miss, usually miss.

“Snow White and the Huntsman” was a definite miss. I really wanted to like it, because I was so excited about the movie. The trailers looked amazing!

I read the book to tide me over until the movie comes out on DVD, as I won’t be seeing it in the theatre. But reading the tie-in made me not want to see the movie at all. The story, which seemed so cool and different in the trailers, was boiled down to a lackluster tale that went from A to B to C.

The wr
Jun 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I haven't yet seen the movie...
Secondly, dispite giving this book 3 stars (I felt it was too rushed all the way through) I did enjoy it, and I still want to see the movie. (Chris Hemsworth DOES help swing this though lol)

To summerise: A nice, quick read :)
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Τον τίτλο του σημερινού βιβλίου, οι περισσότεροι θα τον γνωρίζετε μέσω της κινηματογραφικής του εκδοχής που έσκασε μύτη στις ελληνικές αίθουσες πριν από μερικές μόνο ημέρες. Δεν ξέρω πόσοι από εσάς γνωρίζατε ότι η εν λόγω ιστορία κυκλοφορεί και σε λογοτεχνική έκδοση -σε μια εξαιρετική οφείλω να ομολογήσω έκδοση στη χώρα μας από τον Ψυχογιό- όμως, αντίθετα με όσα άλλα βιβλία έχουν παρουσιαστεί στην στήλη μας, το συγκεκριμένο δεν έδωσε έμπνευση ώστε να προχωρήσει κάποιος στην κινηματογραφική του μ ...more
Ana
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm beginning to think that books based on movies are forever doomed. From last year’s Red Riding Hood to this new gothic fairy tale remake, these types of books are setting the bar excruciatingly low for their kind.

I want to begin this review by saying that I have not yet seen the Snow White and the Huntsman movie. I do plan to see it when it comes out on DVD I’ve actually heard great things about it, which is why I picked up the book in the first place. Unfortunately, the book sucks.
I mean, Bl
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
I confess that I'm a little wary of reading books based on movies as it seems a little unnatural - surely movies should be based on books? Still, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about surrounding Snow White and the Huntsman. To be honest, I lack the concentration span for films, so it was actually great to see that a novel was being released - I can use my own imagination and take it at my own pace.... but now, after reading the book, I do want to go and see the film version!

I have read
Amelia
Who will you be when faced with the end?
The end of a kingdom,
The end of good men,
Will you run?
Will you hide?
Or will you hunt down evil with a venomous pride?

Rise to the ashes,
Rise to the winter sky,
Rise to the calling,
Make heard the battle cry.
Let it scream from the mountains
From the forest to the chapel,
Because death is a hungry mouth
And you are the apple.

So who will you be when faced with the end?
When the vultures are circling
And the shadows descend
Will you cower?
Or will you fight?
Is your hear
Mae Faller
My bestfriend gave this book to me on my birthday so I started reading it right away :) It was quite an easy read. I finished withing 5 hours. Anyway, as everyone may already know its a book based on a movie that's base on a folk tale. The plot was promising though I think the story moved wayyy too fast. Snow White was trapped inside the dungeon for 10 years, it's a bit skeptical that she learned how to fight and hold a sword in just a few days. How the heck did she also have the stamina to run ...more
Eliana Rivero
Reading Challenge 2016.
1. Un libro basado en un cuento de hadas

No estoy acostumbrada a leer este tipo de libros, no me llaman la atención. Sin embargo, resultó envolvente desde las primeras páginas. Casi no recordaba la historia de Blancanieves (es de mis princesas menos favoritas), así que fue un giro agradable y diferente al hacer a una Blancanieves fuerte, con carácter, y desarrollar una historia con un cazador que debía matarla.

La prosa es simple y llana, nada muy literario ni elaborado. Lo
Keenan Dominic Steyn
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.5
Seli Ombre Angeliche
Eccomi qui, finalmente, a parlare di Biancaneve e il Cacciatore. Se ben ricordate al momento di fare l'anteprima del libro mi ero dichiarata "dubbiosa ma curiosa" su questa storia. A lettura ultimata posso dire di esserne rimasta davvero affascinata ed entusiasta! D'accordo, dalle quattro stelle lo avevate già capito, ma per me è stata una vera sorpresa. Ero assolutamente convinta di trovarmi davanti ad un libro da due stelle, uno di quelli che ti fanno storcere il naso e che chiudi con un certo ...more
Kristen
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fairy-tales
I saw the movie before I read this book. I enjoyed the movie so much, that I had to pick up the book and see how they compare. Now, I know this book was written based on the script of the movie, so I knew it was going to be pretty close to the movie. I think there were things I liked better in the movie and some things I liked better in the book.

Better in the movie:
1) Most of the backstory was told at the beginning of the movie - you knew who William was before she was trying to escape, etc. In
Ashlee
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Despair Speaking
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I have no idea how to rate this book so I opted with three because it wasn't boring and it was... well, okay. Not bad, not good. You know, that sort of thing.

I had watched the movie and I wasn't impressed. Of the plot I mean. The visuals was stunning and the setting was beautiful. My favorite scene was when Ravenna was surrounded by her (yeah, you guess it) ravens. I have a copy of the movie and I repeated that scene like twice. The second best scene was when the mirror took its "human" form. Bu
Rachel
Jul 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
Since I saw the movie, that's probably why I gave this 2 stars, at first. This was a shoddily written book. I could have done better at writing it. It should have been listed as a junior novelization, it's that poorly written, except some junior novelizations are quite good. I like the character of the Huntsman, which saved this. More back story could have been included on every character, including Snow White.

She spent most of her life in a tower, yet she wasn't bitter, but kind. She should hav
Nicole
If there were half stars this would be 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed this book. Such a different take on Snow White. We don't just get 'her parents die this is her step mother'. You learn about how the step mother came to be and how her father died. I like the difference in the mirror. It doesn't just talk back - it forms into a statue. I don't want to give away too much but I really enjoyed what a take charge kind of character Snow White was! I would definitely suggest this book to a friend.
Lyndi Steinhilber
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to see the movie!
It needs to hurry up and be June 1st already, SWATH is the movie I am most excited for this year for sure!
Kristen Stewart makes a perfect Snow White, she is so beautiful and talented. and Chris is a perfect choice for the Huntsman!
I can't wait to see the chemistry between Chris and Kristen as The Huntsman and Snow!

Cam Garza
I liked the book I just would have liked it more if the Huntsman would have stayed with Snow White because he obiously loves her and she him so... Well anyway I liked it and I loved Snow White character.
Kristal Kitap
bu kitabı okuyacağınıza masalını okuyun daha iyi. -_- hiç bişey yoktu kitabın içinde. dümdüz okundu ve bitti.
Céline
ik heb best wel genoten van dit boek. Was beter dan verwacht.
Giulia ❤️
Molto carino, decisamente meglio del film. Consigliato!
Serisop (Cioccolatoelibri)
Questo libro è scritto abbastanza bene, ma non è riuscito a catturare la mia attenzione nel modo giusto.

Ho visto il film di "Biancaneve e il cacciatore" così tanto tempo fa che neanche ricordavo la trama, quando ho letto il libro è stato come riscoprire una storia dall'inizio, senza ricordare nulla.
Il film comunque non mi aveva fatta impazzire, soprattutto perché l'interpretazione di Kristen Stewart non era stata il massimo. Nel libro ho cercato di immaginare una protagonista diversa, ma il pro
Nauka N.
Jan 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
so... I already predicted it that I would hate this book. nothing special or new from it, and also it's pretty boring (which made me skipped some parts that made me rolled my eyes). the only new thing in this is how snow white's story became more darker and mature than before.

thank god I buy it only for 5k on a bookfair. phew.

rated this 1.5 star (?)
Heather
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen
The book that is the hit movie, based on the fairy-tale classic Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, but with a different twist. This story follows Snow White from the beginning of the evil queens reign over the father’s kingdom, right after the queen has killed the king on their wedding night. Snow White is imprisoned in the castle tower for some purpose that the queen does not realize at the time. Ten years later the queen is told by the mirror that Snow White can either make her immortal or will ...more
Sequel Movie 4 21 Sep 29, 2014 03:22PM
better than the movie? 6 50 Jul 19, 2014 06:57AM
♥Calling All Fang...: snow white and the huntsman 9 29 Feb 25, 2014 01:09PM
movie compared to book 10 29 Feb 16, 2013 06:20PM
We <3 Teen Books!: Snow White and the Huntsman 14 16 Jun 28, 2012 11:12AM
Goodreads Indonesia: nobar Snow White and the Huntsman berhadiah novelnya 3 184 Jun 05, 2012 09:13PM

• Rumplestiltskin (Faerie Tale Collection, #3)
  • A White So Red
  • The Wilful Eye (Tales from the Tower, #1)
  • Cinderella: Junior Novel
  • A Bridge Between Two Worlds (W.I.T.C.H., #10)
  • Amarok
  • The Last Tear (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #5)
  • Thumbelina
  • The Courage to Choose (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #15)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Friends Forever (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #26)
  • Beautiful Beast (Enchanted Fairytales, #1)
  • Awake (A Fairytale Trilogy #1)
  • Romeo's Ex: Rosaline's Story
“But I have come to learn there is no peace while others suffer.” 22 likes
“Who will you be when faced with the end?
The end of a kingdom,
The end of good men,
Will you run?
Will you hide?
Or will you hunt down evil with a venomous pride?

Rise to the ashes,
Rise to the winter sky,
Rise to the calling,
Make heard the battle cry.
Let it scream from the mountains
From the forest to the chapel,
Because death is a hungry mouth
And you are the apple.

So who will you be when faced with the end?
When the vultures are circling
And the shadows descend
Will you cower?
Or will you fight?
Is your heart made of glass?
Or a pure Snow White?”