Start by marking “Varpaista varteen : neulo 2 sukkaa kerralla” as Want to Read:
Varpaista varteen : neulo 2 sukkaa kerralla

Varpaista varteen : neulo 2 sukkaa kerralla

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  357 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Melissa Morgan-Oakes mullisti sukankudonnan kehittämällä tekniikan, jolla kaksi sukkaa syntyy yhtä aikaa - taatusti samanlaisina.

Tämä kirja opettaa vallankumouksellisen 2 kerralla -tekniikan, jossa neulominen aloitetaan sukkien kärjestä ja edetään varsiin. Tekniikan edut ovat kiistämättömät:
- Lanka ei enää koskaan lopu kesken, kun toinen sukka on vasta puolivälissä. Neulot
Published 2011 by Minerva (first published 2010)

Gregory
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started this book my thought was, "no way is this going to work." THEN when I came to the heel - which I just mis-typed as Hell - I was really thinking, "This is never going to work." BUT...I kept following the instructions and the very well done photographs and voila - I now have a pair of freaking lime green socks that fit my size 14 feet (for those of you who don't know me - no, I'm not an Amazonian woman but a guy who has taken up knitting as self-defense - I like to think of circular ...more
Kathy
Jul 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts, owned
I learned to do 2-at-a-Time Socks with Melissa's first book and learned Toe Up method elsewhere. Even before purchasing this book, I had devised my own process for combining the two methods. I got this book to see if there were steps I hadn't figured out. Only Casting on process was new idea. Nevertheless, even if you already know this technique Melissa gives you the key for figuring out the "secret" math for several different heel types to make the perfect fit. Great pictures on how-to, and jus ...more
Marie Segares
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I personally have never understand the fascination with sock knitting, in this book, Melissa Morgan-Oakes has come the closest to inspiring within me the motivation to make many pairs of socks. First of all, there are no double pointed needles - just looking at the configurations of those things makes me want to run screaming from the room. Second, the book is jam packed with pictures and the woman is an entertaining writer. I was literally sucked in by her introduction and found myself re ...more
Sandra Holladay
Oct 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts
I'm giving this a 3.5 rating because though excited to try the socks in this book, was very disappointed in my first pair, Tuscany Socks, when they wouldn't fit over my foot. Going to Ravelry and looking at comments from others who made this pattern, I found that because the leg pattern had no give you needed to go up two needle sizes for that part. I wish the book had mentioned it in the directions. Going up the two needle sizes worked and the socks are great with lots of comments, but I should ...more
Linda
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a book I pick up almost weekly-----I love knitting socks.
ms bookjunkie
Aug 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, crafts
I've finished my sample socks, yay!

This is the first time I've knitted socks (or heels*), let alone KNITTED USING DIRECTIONS IN ENGLISH. I found the instructions, photographs and diagrams clear and easy to follow, as well as well thought-out and generally excellent. The sample socks turned out nice enough that if I knew anyone with small enough feet, I'd give them as gifts (even though they aren't a matching pair). Now it's time to try making some adult sized socks…*nervous swallow*

*I really tho
Pam
Oct 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting
Finished my sample socks, and it looks like they will fit a small set of feet. I think I will put them in a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child.

When I'm a little more organized and work up the courage perhaps I will try a pair of adult socks.

Good pictures & pretty clear directions. I'm not sure if I can wrap my head around modifying other patterns into this particular technique but I'm still pretty new to socks so hopefully it will make sense eventually.
Amanda
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting, took-back
Amazing looking socks (again!). I may have to buy this one to have since I don't have time to knit at the moment, but when I get a chance to fit it back in, I'd love to do more socks. I tried one from her other book toe-up and it worked nicely, so I'm glad I'll be able to follow the instructions exactly now. And it has the Magic Cast-on I used from the internet too which was very easy to do!
Feb 14, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts-knitting
Purchased this at Madrona 2014
Diane
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book !
Fullfaun
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a good book, but there wasn't anything in here I wanted to make. I have already been making my socks 2 at a time, tow up on 1 Circular needle. I think it is the best way to make socks.
Sue
Dec 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I made the sample socks and like the way they turned out. Toe up - two at a time is the way to go!
Kathryn
May 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This is my new bible for knitting socks. I've been working on the same pair for about nine months now, off and on.
Christina
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for beginning sock knitting!
Syntax787
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
new technique, and a whole lot of socks for gifts lol, warm feet this holiday season. =)
Jackie Fowler
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting
I'm trying to remember what I didn't like about this book! I just know that I didn't want to finish it. It was a library e-book, and I returned it early.
Laura Hannah
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book and technique has turned me into a sock knitter
Sherry
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crochet-knit
This book has some great sock patterns and tips for knitting toe-up socks. I've already chosen three pair to knit.
Victoria Evangelina Belyavskaya

A beautiful book with clear explanations and lovely patterns!
Diana Uhl
Apr 05, 2012
Mary F. Iliff
Aug 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Toe-Up Socks for Every Body: Adventurous Lace, Cables, and Colorwork from Wendy Knits
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • Socks a La Carte: Pick and Choose Patterns to Knit Socks Your Way
  • Sock Innovation
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Getting Started Knitting Socks