Start by marking “Ever Winter (A Dark Faerie Tale, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ever Winter (A Dark Faerie Tale, #3)

Ever Winter

(A Dark Faerie Tale #3)

Shade has been left all, but shattered. Travelling to the Ice kingdom, along with her 'body guard' Dylan-who continues to be bound to her-to where the holder of her magic dwells. The war of Faerie amplifies and her only chance to save it will be to resist the enchantments of the Ice King, one of the Ancient rulers of Faerie. But, he has his own agenda and will do anything ...more
ebook, 1st Edition
Published March 15th 2013 by Lyrical Lit. Publishing (first published March 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ever Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ever Winter

Amy
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
These books just get better and better with each one! Such an Amazing series!!! It was so great getting back to Shade and her Faerie friends! It felt like It had been too long since I last left them and once I started reading I couldn't put my kindle down! It has plenty of suspense, jaw dropping, shocking moments.. you won't believe what all goes on and what Shade has to go through.. plenty of action and romance! this book has everything any reader is looking for! And there's more to come I can' ...more
Barbara Senteney
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story of A human changeling , enjoyed the great friendships, and how Shade and Soap handled multiple sides of relationships. Teaching us not to let love or the lack of it ruin a friendship.
Love a sad and happy ending, got both , In life both exist , so they should also in a fairy tale.
Jade finally gets to spend time with her family, but is too busy to enjoy them.
I think the Ancient Fae may end up a problem, I have a feeling I might need to read Withering Palace again, are they conne
Lori
Dylan is back booyashacka mutha f*cka! So totally inappropriate for a review, but it's my review so I'm gonna be like that and shiz. Anyway. LOL. This book begins with Shade recovering from her imprisonment, by Aveta, on a beach in Fairie. Her magic has been bound by Corb and she feels lost and isolated. Her feelings for Soap, while still there are not as intense as they are for Dylan (Me so happy. I like Soap, but I love Dylan....kinda like Shade.) In order to get her magic unbound Shade must g ...more
Jacquie Talento
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from the author for an honest review.
Do you ever get so excited about the next book in a series your hands start to sweat and nothing else in the world exists around you because you know everything else will stop so you can read it? That’s exactly how I felt when I picked this up. Ms. Purdy is the master when it comes to her writing style. You experience what the characters are going thru as if you are standing right next to them in all of her stories.
After being left powerless
Jacqueline Queen
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled upon the first Faerie Tale (Ever Shade) on Amazon, playing on my kindle, and was so very happy that I did. I finished it in a day and bought the second one the minute the first was completed. Upon finishing Ever Fire, I was madly searching the internet, needing another dose of Shade and Dylan, and even Soap, although I'm definately team Dylan. Before I could expire from "what happens next?" syndrome, Alexia was wonderful enough to provide me with an ARC of Ever Winter.

It was a fascin
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
I was one of the lucky ones to receive a ARC Copy of this book! And boy was I not disappointed! Everything you are about to read is my full and honest opinion about the book!

What a wonderful follow-up to "Ever Fire"! Alexia Purdy has done it again with the third book of "The Dark Faerie Tale Series"! She has done a remarkable job with this one!

This book has so many twist and turns, ups and downs, it really was so much fun to read. It was NON-STOP action, adventure, romance, fighting! I mean t
Heather andrews
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was hard for me to watch Shade go from being a strong woman, to something different, "I know, it's just..." Shade sat up, frustrated with herself more than anything else. "I'm sorry, I - I don't know what to do. I can't handle this." She slammed a hand into the sand, it's cool grains dug into her skin. I'm tired of being strong and taking responsibility for the Land of Faerie. Now, I can't even do that, or do any magic at all. I have nothing left to give... I..." Girl I feel for you but sitti ...more
Jacquie Talento
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy from the author for an honest review.
After being left powerless
Lady
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Encased In Ice And Horror

This series must be read in order. The first book is The Withering Palace. The second book is Evangeline. The third book is Ever Shade. The fourth book is Ever Fire. This is the fifth book. I can't wait to read The Cursed!

Shade is trying to recover from her ordeal in the Unseelie Court. Darren's torture is incredibly hard to come back from. So there is that. Also she seems to have lost her magic and she is always cold... Will she ever be okay again? What happened to her
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
I fell in love with Purdy's work whilst reading Ever Shade, and the books just keep getting better and better. I literally jumped at the chance to get an ARC of Ever Winter.

Shade's world keeps getting bigger, her choices harder, and her love life more complicated. And the story just gets more involved, dragging you into her world at breakneck speeds.

Shade grows up a lot in this book. Considering how much she has grown since the first books that may sound surprising, but it's true. Events in the
Shirley
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lavinia Urban
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I waited for so long to read this and it was truly worth the wait.
Shade continues on her path of self discovery. She needs to stop Aveta and her army, choose who she loves, go to Corb's 'The ancient ice king' kingdom, then take her rightful place as a queen.
This may have been well worth the wait but now I have to sit and wait for the next.
This is a must read for everyone!
Karis
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh my! This novel just twisted everything! The ending...guys....i'm hanging on a cliff and I don't know if i can hang on with out book 4!!!!! I love Shade, and Soap, and Dylan, i love the evolution of their character in this novel and i love the way the novel is continuing to play out.
Amy H
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i got this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review...

NOOOO!!!!! i need the next book like now!!!!! but i am very excited that i am right and she picked the guy i wanted. hahahahahaha. this was a very exciting read!

this book continues again right where everything left off. After being left powerless, Shade, Soap, and Dylan team up to figure out how to help her get the powers back she once held. She knows Corb took her powers, and she falls into a very deep depression. Dylan finds
Autumn
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC book to give an honest review.

Remarkable! I have to say that each of these books title is named very uniquely and matches the book perfectly. With Ever Shade you get to know about Shade who is the main character, in Ever Fire you learn that she has the ability of fire and will not get burned by touch Dylan. Now this book Ever Winter what can you expect? Well in this book she ends up meeting the Icy King who is more than he seems. So the book title matches the book perfectly.
T
Think
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at Thinks Books!

Ever Winter was an amazing continuation of the A Dark Faerie Tale series! Poor Shade has been stripped of all her magic and is powerless. This is never a good thing when there is a faerie war raging that keeps dragging her in the middle. Shade ultimately fears for the safety of her family and friends. But, they turn out to be of great help to her in her times of need.

I tore through this book. It was just so interesting and I am completely captivated by the char
Victoria Rapaglia
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a kick butt book that I was highly anticipated and I was not disappointed. I was given this book by Alexia Purdy to read and review. I will say that I am so excited about the next book in series. This is a amazing series that is a must read that keeps you asking for more and never let's you down. With so many twist,turns,and forks in the roads you never know what will happen next it keeps you glued to your seats.

As Shade is trying to recuperate and get back what was lost. With finding
Tabatha
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So Shade spends a good portion of the book healing not only mentally but physically. She has lost her power and her self. She is spinning a huge downward spiral and the only this or someone that is able to pull her out of it seems to be Dylan. Soon she is told why she has lost her power it was taken by and ancient and the only way she will be able to get it back is to go to this ancient and get it.When she gets to this ancients place she and Dylan thought they were ready but they were anything b ...more
Abi
*Some spoilers ahead*
WOW! Shade grew a lot. It's kinda scary.

Pros:
- I'm so glad my Dylan & Shade ship sailed.
- Shade's, like, totally badass now.
- That firestorm thing at the end was AWESOME!
Cons:
- I did see a few grammatical errors.

Other thoughts:
- I'm worried about the darkling mark, and how Shade will use its power.
- I was wondering where the series was going to go - once the ancient faerie queen wakes up, what's going to happen. Well, question answered: that evil ancient king whose na
Tanya Johnson
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shade is bound to Dylan and both of them don't know what they need to do to get unbound. Her powers have disappeared and the only one that can help her is the same one that may be trying to kill her....the Ice King. It is he who can give Shade her powers back but at what cost. Will Dylan and Shade do what it takes to get her powers back or will the Ice King keep them forever in the world of ice??

I am absolutely in love with this series. The progression of Shade throughout the books is fantastic.
Cindy Williams
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I honestly think each book is getting better in this series. Im loving the way Shade is evolving in each book, coming into her own if you will. The love triangle is still going but you can almost feel her swaying to the one she really belongs with, before she even makes the choice. Shade has gone through so much to get to the throne which belongs to her. I really recommend that you get yourself ingrossed in this amazing series. I promise you wont feel let down...... well maybe and that is only i ...more
J.T. Lewis
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Alexia Purdy has done it again with her newest book in the Shade series, Ever Winter!

The unexpected twists and turns of Shade's journey always amaze me, as well as the (to me) unfathomable way Alexia weaves together a world completely out of her imagination....although by the time you are done, it will feel real!

Even though it is a YA book dealing with fairies and other realms, I found it fascinating to read, keeping me up WAY too late last night!

I highly recommend this book, as well as those pr
Claire Taylor
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Alexia Purdy
Ever Winter
A Dark Faerie Tale #3

For me, this was the best book of the series so far but now I don’t want to wait for the next. The characters have developed significantly as the series has continued, and Shade continues to go from strength to strength. As with all wars, you expect casualties on both sides, and I was glad that the author remembered this when writing the book. Well written and cleverly worked out, I can’t wait to see what is in store next.

I received an e-copy from t
Teri
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This is a pretty good series watching Shade come into her powers as well as take over as Queen. She is finally coming to grips with who she is and who she really loves. The one thing I enjoy is she stops being a fickle whining female and puts on her big girl pants. We learn a little more each book about her and the people in her group as they grow and go through each trial. Waiting for the next book in the series to see what happens next!
Kendra
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series and can't wait for the next book. I love that it's clean, it's easy to read, it keeps you wanting to read it until the very last page. It was easy to feel Shade's pain and confusion, as well as her victories. I'm looking forward to more of her as Queen in the next one and the continuing love of Dylan (though I'm a bit curious if there's something to the Teleen/Mer) and what else lies in store for them all.
Jean
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Action, Adventure, and Romance...

This was a good third book in the series.

The characters have developed as the series has continued.

The story line was well written with many twist, turns and filled with action, adventure,

romance.

Overall, This is a good series for Young Adult Readers

Nancy Peterson did well with the narration.

Note:
"This audio book was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review."

Jodi Brooks
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow just when I though it could not get any better.

Alexia has made me love the Fairy world even more then I already did.

With each story it just gets better. Each character makes me smile and love them even more then I did.

Everything works with this plot of a story from ever turn of the page to every twist of the story.

Can not wait to finish the next one <3

I hope you like it as much as I do.
Kaila
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Omg omg omg...that was amazing..I can't believe she left the book as a cliffhanger. I need the next one like ASAP. Loved the way everything came together..and how shade has become even more of the woman/queen she is meant to be..I can't wait for the next book and am excited to read it when it comes out. Love this series!
Katherine Barbosa-ariza
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The books keep getting better and better! My only complaint...that I finished so fast and now have to wait for the next one. Yet again there are so many twists and turns. I love how Shade has been developed. The romantic tension continues to build. There is a lot of action and adventure and the ending leaves you counting the days until the next book. I am loving this series.
Emily Walker
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved Ever Winter like the rest of the series. I feel like the story is getting darker and all the characters are becoming more developed. The story moves, and keeps you turning the pages. Can't wait for the next installment.

Highly recommend this series!
  • Betrayals of Spring (Forever Fae, #2)
  • Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1)
  • Blood Prophecy (Witch Fairy, #2)
  • Sky Blue  (Ruby Blue, #3)
  • Horizon (Elemental Enmity, #4)
  • Anna
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)
  • Chantress Fury (Chantress, #3)
  • Moirai (Aberrant, #2)
  • Renhala (Renhala, #1)
  • Spring Rain (The Witchling, #4)
  • Dark Horizons (The Red Sector Chronicles #2)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Wisteria (Wisteria, #1)
  • Submerged (Outbreak, #1)
  • Blackout (Annum Guard, #2)
Alexia currently lives in Las Vegas, Nevada–Sin City! She loves to spend every free moment writing or playing with her four rambunctious kids. Writing has always been her dream and she has been writing ever since she can remember. She loves writing paranormal fantasy and poetry and devours books daily. Alexia also enjoys watching movies, dancing, singing loudly in the car and Italian food.

A Dark Faerie Tale (8 books)
  • Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale, #1)
  • Ever Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale, #2)
  • Ever Wrath (A Dark Faerie Tale, #4)
  • History of Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale #5; Elemental Fire #1)
  • Ever Dead (A Dark Faerie Tale, #6)
  • Legends of Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale #7; Elemental Fire #2)
  • Guardians of Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale #8)