Start by marking “Black (The Silver, #2)” as Want to Read:
Black (The Silver, #2)

Black

(The Silver #2)

“Words cannot do justice to this book, so I won't even try. Just one of the best ever. If you love werewolves. If you love people. Trust me - Read. This. Book.” Scott R.- Amazon Reviewer

“I literally tore through this book and boy does it pack a punch. I have to hand it to Ms. Alsop she is very creative and know how to create a riveting, heart pounding story.” Tifferz Boo
Published (first published December 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black

Start your review of Black (The Silver, #2)
angela
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Excellent

Book two in the series is even better than book one. What an amazing story of love, friendship, loyalty and trust. Jet has hopefully gotten everything he deserves. Now to see what book three brings.
Tifferz
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I literally tore through this book and boy does it pack a punch. I have to hand it to Ms. Alsop she is very creative and know how to create a riveting, heart pounding story. It broke my heart to see what Jet went through as a child. It is tough not having any choices in life. It was interesting to see how Jet once given choices, how he reacts and the choices he makes on his own. We do get to see how people/werewolf's can change given choices.

I really liked the dynamics of the wolf packs. How th
Kyra Dune
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
The first book in the series, Silver, was by no means light, but Black is way darker. Here, we follow Jet as he is stolen from his parents and raised in the brutal world of werewolf death matches. Forced to fight and kill from the age of seven, by the time Jet becomes a teenager is a deeply scarred and broken individual.

Jet's journey to find some way to live any kind of normal life is heartwarming and intense. The past keeps coming back to try and steal away what little happiness he can find, bu
The Talented Miss Ripley
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once I realized that Jaze was still in this book, I continued to read it. It told the story of Jet who in my opinion was dealt a bad hand in life. I loved the character development in this story and was glad it ended the way it did.
The storyline was great!
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Black is the second book in the Silver series and this time the focus is on Jet. He was stolen from his family at a very young age and given to the Woman, who only wanted him for deathmatches. There was no love, care, or attention in Jet's life from that moment. All that changes when Jaze rescues him and takes him in. It doesn't all suddenly become sunshine and roses though and THAT is what made this book so good!

Jet has issues, he really does, and let's face it, you would do too if you'd gone t
Loren Weaver
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-paranormal
Black by Cheree Alsop is book 2 in the Silver series, and is probably my favorite of the series. Jet Black was stolen as a child and raised in a werewolf fighting ring. He’s vicious, ruthless, and heart-sore. When Jaze rescues him on the brink of death, Jet has to learn to forgive himself for the lives he’s taken before he can join Jaze’s werewolf saving mission. The gentle hands of Taye, the beautiful alpha female waiting for him at Jaze’s house, are part of the reason he comes to terms with hi ...more
Tina
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This poor boy! I have to say that I truly Loved this story. Jet was kidnapped by werewolf fighters, kind of like dog fighters, except they use werewolves and it's to the death. From the time he was 7 years old he was beaten, starved and locked up. When he was 16 Jaze and his werewolf rescue saved him. But can her be saved? He spent his whole life fighting, can he stop? Jaze isn't sure. He takes Jet in and gives him a real life but Jet needs to control himself.
I ran through all my emotions
Allison
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Coming of Age

I very rarely give books a 5 star rating, but a 4 is still really good.

This a story of a young werewolf stolen from his family and treated like a slave and abused so much that it's a miracle that he lived. There are many struggles after being rescued, but somehow he manages to cope, with difficulty.

I recommend this one for YA readers as many of the characters are in high school but be warned, there is a lot of violence in this book, some of which are very brutal.

I'm off to read the
Lucinda
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
He's a young werewolf rescued from a werewolf fighting ring. It's left him with nightmares and very reserved, even with his closest friends. As he meets a girl and things start to look up, he finds out that the fighting ring he thought he'd left far behind, isn't quite so far in the past. So much of it is heart-breaking, but there is a light...

Each book in the series just gets better and better. New characters and old friends galore.
S. Teppen
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first book, but I couldn't put the second one down. Jet's story kept me reading through the night. It's nice to see a hero who can come from such a horrible past to find a new life. I was also really happy to see characters I knew from the first book surface in the second one. This is a really enjoyable series and I'll definitely be recommending this to my friends.
Mrz
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love a happy ending

All I can say is poor Jet. Taken from his home at a young age and forced to fight and kill in order to survive. He is a werewolf who is shown no compassion or love and yet through it all he somehow managed to not be as psychotic as he could be lol.
This is must read for my paranormal fans.
Ernest Chamberlain  II
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very nice story line shift. ght a whole new element to this arc.

The first wrapped up most of where the story could go but the introduction of new characters and told from their point of view brought a whole new element to this arc. Well done!
grumpybybirth
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-books, paranormal
Loved this books so much. My heartbroke for Jet! His life was not easy but he became so much more than that. Was great to see old friends in such a new light. Definitley recommend this book.
Lisa
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of my top 10 paranormal books! Enough said!!
Lattes_n_literature
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the series
Dawne
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story! I couldn't put it down. My favorite I'm the series so far.
Kristy
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Heartbreaking story with a HEA (thankfully).
Donna
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jet was taken from his family, beaten, raised to fight, raised to kill. This poor kid didn’t even have a name to call his own. His tormentors kept him drugged and hungry in a dank comfortless basement. He’s been treated like an animal all his life but when he escapes he sees another side to life. He’s afraid he’s too far gone after all he is a killer. Inner courage and a shy female werewolf bring him to a life he could only dream of. Great story of courage and Jet show a rare inner strength. I l ...more
Patty
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A good storyline...

A good storyline, however there were inconsistencies in both the timeline and storytelling. For example, the events of book one in the series were mentioned when Jet was still a young child, then when he is 16 it was referenced to have happened a year ago. In another instance Jet had been thinking that events that had happened to him that day, having had happened to him many times before, which is not the case at all. Freedom would have been required, that he never had before.
Ingrid Foster
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
From start to finish, this entire series has been captivating, enthralling, and exciting! I highly recommend this series for both young adults and the young at heart...and especially for those who love werewolves!

Cheree Alsop is an amazing author and I literally started at book one and couldn't stop until the last book in the series. I won't tell you the ending, but I will say that Jaze, her family, and his friends captured my heart.

In fact, I was so busy reading that I had to wait until the e
Jackie
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this, not quite as much as book 1. This one also brought a lot of tears for everything that Jet had to go thru since he was a baby. Jet's character is awesome, but the story just was too emotionally sad, I felt wrung out when I finished. This book flowed a bit too slow before the point of Jaze rescuing Jet. After that it picked up speed.

Recurring theme thru the series, horrible editing/proof-reading. I tried to look past that with the review, others might not be so generous.
Donna Ann Sutcliffe
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Violent and touching

This book was hard to read. Jet had such an awful life taken by a twisted woman. Made to fight and kill his own kind to survive. It was so hard to read. Then Jaze came along and saved him and you got more story line from our hero's from the previous book. Another great book from the series.
Jo-ann
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Second chance at life...

Jet was kidnapped from his parents when he was a baby to be trained as a ring fighter. Jaze rescue him from the owner that wants him dead and shows him what he could have as a free werewolf, but his past shows up. Can his friends save him from those who want him dead?

Jo-Ann Doyle
A.R. Von
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've not read book 1 of the series, yet I still fell straight into the pages with ease.
Love Jet and his story...
Bravo!
YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK
Cynthia Young
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cheree Alsop does it again

This was a great story and a great premise for the Silver Series book2. Hopefully there will be book three for the continuing Silver series

Kathy Brickert
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Love this series! This is Jet's tale and it is so sad! Makes your heart bleed for the character. Seems almost real! Great read!
Melanie
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Black!!!

So good to read Jets story. I can't stop reading about the beginning lives all some of my favorite characters.
Clare
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read, book 3 at the ready.

• Brindle Dragon Boxed Set: Complete Series Books 1 - 9
  • Blue Shadow (Blue Wolf Book 2)
  • The Cursed Academy Complete Series Boxset [Books 1-6]: A Young Adult Supernatural Academy Series
  • No Such Thing as Werewolves (Deathless, #1)
  • Blue Curse (Blue Wolf, #1)
  • School of Necessary Magic Raine Campbell Complete Omnibus: Books 1 - 9
  • Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents
  • The Ursa Major Awards Anthology
  • Leaders of the Pack
  • Wolf Hunt
  • The Taken (Foxcraft, #1)
  • Deathless Collection (Deathless, #0.5-#3)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Ruins of the Galaxy (Ruins of the Galaxy #1)
  • Crew Princess (Crew #2)
  • Galactic Breach (Ruins of the Galaxy #2)
  • The Stormborn Saga (Stormborn Saga #1-10)
  • Gators and Garters (Miss Fortune Mystery #18)
Cheree Alsop is an award-winning, best-selling author and the mother of a beautiful, talented daughter and amazing twin sons who fill every day with joy and laughter. She is married to her best friend, Michael, the light of her life and her soulmate who shares her dreams and inspires her by reading the first drafts of each book. Cheree is a fulltime author and mother, which is much more fun than w ...more

The Silver (7 books)
  • Silver (The Silver, #1)
  • Crimson (The Silver, #3)
  • Violet (The Silver, #4)
  • Azure (The Silver, #5)
  • Hunter (The Silver, #6)
  • Silver Moon (The Silver, #7)

News & Interviews