Start by marking “Silver (The Silver, #1)” as Want to Read:
Silver (The Silver, #1)

Silver

(The Silver #1)

Silver, book one of the Silver Series, is a coming of age story about a teenage werewolf whose father is murdered. He has to come to terms with his new life, new school, and new friends while trying to prevent more killings. Attempting to make peace with the territory’s pack and finding out that the girl next door might be more than she lets on make his situation even more ...more
Published December 16th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Silver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver

Tifferz
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is not your ordinary werewolf story and I am so glad that the next book is already out so I can jump right in and read it cause I am hooked on this series. Silver is a page turner that had me up past my bedtime because I did not want to put it down. Jaze is a really down to earth guy that has experienced some hard things in the last month. I think Ms. Alsop was realistic in how Jaze deals with the trails set before him. It touched my heart how he looks out for his mom. Nikki is a little reb ...more
Violet Stone
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This was so much better than I thought it was going to be. It was well written and I enjoyed the characters. There's some glaring issues about the book, sure, but I still found myself eager to read it and find out what happened next.

Jaze is a werewolf. Him and his mother move after his father is murdered and now he has to find a peaceful way to live with the pack that already runs the territory he entered. Because Jaze isn't just any werewolf, he has the black coat of an Alpha.

Some strange murde

Recommended Age: +13

Reviewed By: Emily Tuley / AngelsCryHavoc

Blog Reviewed For: Great Minds Think Aloud Literary Community

Rating: 5 Ravens

More, I know it’s wrong to start a review with just one word but that’s the first word that comes to mind after I read the first novel in this series of books from Cheree Alsop. The book landed on my desk as an assignment from several of my fellow review
Kathryn Cooper
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Clean Teen Fiction

This book was so great!!! Finishing it on Halloween made it even more fun since a werewolf was the main character.

The story was told from Jaze's point of view. He's a 17 year old werewolf. I haven't read a lot of books from male perspectives and wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I actually loved hearing from Jaze. He was my favorite character in the story. Sometimes the main character in books can annoy me with their terrible choices. That was not the case with Jaz
Loren Weaver
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Silver by Cheree Alsop is book 1 in the Silver series about a group of young werewolves. Jaze Carso is a recently fatherless teen werewolf alpha moving to a new city for a new start. What he didn’t know was that there was already a pack established here, and Hunters next door.

When he saves the life of his new friend, Brock, and reveals his werewolf side, he’s thrown into a territory dispute with the other pack, made up of scared teens. Jaze finds out that someone’s killing werewolves, and he’s
Elizabeth
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The markings of a good novel are that they make you laugh and cry along with the characters in the book. I definitely did that. Jaze is such a strong character. You meet him at the beginning of his heart break, and are carried with him on his journey of healing and survival after his fathers death. Two factions fighting to the death, believing they are protecting their families, only to tear apart others. again the theme of racism and not being able to see the other side of the coin when dealing ...more
Lucinda
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Silver Series. This is a werewolf series, mostly for teenagers to young adults, but it can be read by anyone. He's new in town, his father has recently died, so he has to deal with a new school, new neighbors, new friends: a new life. The girl next door proves to be very sweet and interesting, but seems to be hiding something....

This is a fantastic series, and I highly recommend it as I do most of Ms. Alsop's work.
Gwynn White
I enjoyed Jaze, the hero, but i felt the book was rushed. too much crammed into too little space, which resulted in a too easy, too slick conclusion. Even with that gripe, I like Jaze's voice enough to consider reading the sequels.
angela
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book it was really good.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This book is written from Jaze's perspective and it gives you a real insight into how he is feeling about losing his dad and moving to a new town. As soon as he moves there he realises that something is wrong - the amount of silver in the school metal detectors might have been a clue! He meets the pack that are already living there in an unforgettable manner. He finds a friend in Brock and 'the girl next door', Nikki, who just happens to have Hunters as parents. This all helps Jaze as he tries t ...more
Kate
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolves, 2016, age-ya
Jaze has recently moved to a new city after his father's murder. He had hoped to escape the werewolf he blamed for his father's death, but his new school is teeming with werewolves, and that's a problem, because Jaze is an alpha. And it seems whoever killed his father is looking to kill all the alphas. Then there's the little problem of Jaze's new girlfriend Nikki...

I love werewolf stories, and this was no exception. The town people having some idea that there were werewolves among them was an i
Sweets Books
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Got to say this turned out better than I expected. When it comes to paranormal I love them but there are some I just dislike so I'm always weary when reading new ones. But what do ya know, this one turned out pretty good even had me laughing. The characters are very well written and each have their own personalities. As far as the whole hunters thing, it was intriguing to read not many other books have that type of thing.

Jaze was an alight kid trying to make good with what he was thrown into in
Kyra Dune
Feb 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Silver deals with a lot of heavy issues faced by the young protagonist, Jaze. This story is told from Jaze's perspective and has a very solid voice. The supporting characters are fully fleshed out and interesting. I'm not a big werewolf fan, but I picked this one up for free and was happy I did.

There is plenty of action and tension in this book, although some of the situations are resolved in what seems to me a rather quick fashion. However, the fights scenes are well done and exciting. Emotion
Niala
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it

This book was great!!!

I'm a sucker for anything supernatural.. (of course)

Jaze is a 17 year old werewolf. i truly enjoyed reading from his point of view and the character became so likable. He was smart, caring, strong, brave, loyal AND AN ALPHA

The romance in this story was not front and center, When the scenes did come they were so sweet! I loved the way the romance built up throughout.

Jaze goes through a lot in a new town with a hostile werewolf pack nearby. All around this book was such an a
Victoria
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I found the Kindle edition of this book free and the moment I was done, I put all of Alsop's paperbacks on my Amazon wish list. I absolutely loved this story! Well-written with angst, romance, action and heart. Jaze is a great combination of strong and vulnerable, and I love that Nikki isn't either a wimp or one of those head-strong characters that gets herself into trouble because she doesn't take advise and then needs saved. Brock and Mouse are great supporting characters and I hope to see mor ...more
Lisa
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I actually read the Werewolf academy series before staring the silver series and for me I think it has made me love this first silver Novel even more. To already know and love a character like Jaze ( and of course mouse, brock and Chet) but then to have the opportunity to go back and understand his past in more detail and experience it from those characters view points is truly wonderful. I can't wait to read this entire series.
Cat
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good for YA audiences. The villain is known throughout the story - the problem is bringing him down.

I really liked the main character, Jaze. He's smart, loyal, honest, etc...and does the right thing. He tries to protect everyone, regardless of how he personally feels about them.

Pacing is good and the story is well written.
The Talented Miss Ripley
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had written this detailed review about this book and then well it was deleted....thanks APPLE! Anyway, I love the storyline, the characters, and pace.

If you love fiction that involves cute wolves, fighting and a little romance this is the book for you!

I recommend this series to YA readers even if your older.
Mercedes
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
As another reviewer stated it wasn't the best werewolf novel I've read nor was it the worst. I did enjoy it and felt the characters were fleshed out for me pretty good. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the Silver series. I can tell already, I'm in love with the main alpha character.
Michelle
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought this was good, I liked the characters. I read it thinking it was stand alone, but so glad to see it is not. I look forward to seeing how one time enemies may make the only kings of the hill work. and how then they work with the Hunters.
Sheri
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I bought this as a free read. Now what can I say, except...what a great bargain! It was a very engaging book. I'm really looking forward to the next book, because the characters were interesting and likeable. I would definitely recommend as a quick, face-paced read.
John Wiles
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started this series out of order starting with the Werewolves academy series and was instantly hooked from the first page all her books are a must read and be warned you will grow very attached to the characters and not want to put these books down!!!!
Valerie Waters
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lendable-ebooks, own
I didn’t remember anything from this book. It was good

Nov 2012: This was a pretty good book. I loved that it was from a boys point of view! I really like Jaze. He was so level headed. I liked Nikki. She wasn't all gooey and sappy.
Trisha Payne
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This new werewolf series is different from what you might be expecting. It has more heart and love, and feels more like what it would really be like to grow up as a werewolf. I w ould highly recommend it to anyone who likes to read urban fantasy or good young adult stories.
Joy
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book. Lot's of action, conflict & resolution. Well written and fun characters.
Tashi X
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books, best
This book was surprisingly amazing!
Anastasia
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you like books a about we're wolfs then this book is for you and you will want to read more and more
Becky
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I rather enjoyed this book. It was easy reading and had a great flow to it. Loved the character jaze of course. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to read more of your work.
Raven
it was really cool!!!! i enjoyed it a lot but the beginning was kinda hard for me to get into....
Jennifer Ahlin
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved it! It was easy to read and I never lost interest in the book or the storyline. Loved the main character. And the writing was good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Werewolf Rage (Taming the Wolf, #2)
  • Riley's Curse (A Moon's Glow 0.5)
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Coercion: Part 3
  • The Arena Wars (Arena Wars #1)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #2)
  • Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3)
  • Rescued by the Alpha (The Shadow Pack Rules, #4)
  • Frostbitten
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 4 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 4 of 4)
  • Alpha's Child (Blind Wolf #4)
  • Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)
Cheree Alsop is an award-winning, best-selling author and the mother of a beautiful, talented daughter and amazing twin sons who fill every day with joy and laughter. She is married to her best friend, Michael, the light of her life and her soulmate who shares her dreams and inspires her by reading the first drafts of each book. Cheree is a fulltime author and mother, which is much more fun than w ...more

The Silver (7 books)
  • Black (The Silver, #2)
  • Crimson (The Silver, #3)
  • Violet (The Silver, #4)
  • Azure (The Silver, #5)
  • Hunter (The Silver, #6)
  • Silver Moon (The Silver, #7)
“You knew I was a werewolf the first time we met?” 0 likes
“Saint Francis of Assisi, patron saint of the animals.” She petted one of the carved birds lightly. “It was said that he saved a town from a wolf by making them friends instead of enemies.” 0 likes