Start by marking “The Heart of the Fire” as Want to Read:
The Heart of the Fire

The Heart of the Fire

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Fiona McNair is a peasant girl in 16th Century Scotland. Her grandmother, the leader of the village coven, is teaching her herbcraft, healing and magic, as she follows the visions that lead her in a path of shamanic powers known as Witchcraft. Fiona grows to be beautiful and falls in love - with her wild Gypsy friend Annie; with Sean, the youthful, wealthy and potentially ...more
Published October 1st 1990 by Cauldron Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Heart of the Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart of the Fire

Deidre
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Incredibly real. Emotionally Wrung me out, Finished it and cried for an hour. Inexplicably moved me. Must have been a witch in a former life:)
Rebecca
Oct 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this book after meeting it's author back in 1992. I could hardly put it down. I've been thinking about this book lately and would like to read it again soon!
Heather
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Pagans and Pagan friendlies, but not kids!
Shelves: pagan-fiction
Amazing book!! Full of great descriptions. When Fiona walks through the woods, you see what she sees, hears what she hears, smells what she smells, and feel what she feels. You are where she is. And when she makes love, its you who makes love. And when she's hurt, its you who are hurt. And if you can pull out the herbology, rituals, and incantations you would have a great start to your own B.O.S.
Molly
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
Read for book club and have mixed feelings--could take it or leave for roughly first 200 pages and then got more enraptured and couldn't put it down by the end. A bit erratic (and eccentric--is supposed to be the author's past-life experiences) and sometimes extraordinarily romance-novel-esque what with all the heaving and bodice-ripping

***Spoiler warning***

For those who, like me, prefer to avoid horrible scenes of brutal rape and torture, I suggest skipping pages 466-490, at minimum.
Kelly Miess
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read it over a year ago now and I absolutely loved it - it is one of the best books I have read. It has stayed with me in a way very few books do. Such beauty, such a immersion into a life - such intensity, both both positive and negative. I would love to read it again but the ending just about killed me - beware the ugliness and brutality at the end.
Syd
Jan 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
A very interesting read about a young girl growing up in Scotland in the 1500's. It is fiction placed against the real backdrop of the witch hunting that occurred.
Susan Morris
Aug 31, 2009 marked it as to-read
I've read this one but it's been a while, would like to read it again.
Kelly
Dec 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
great book,really drew me in,love the setting,and how involved you feel in the story line.
Juliana
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this book , it's my long time favortite.
Tried to buy more copies but can't find them .
Would love to read more books like this .
Alejandra
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fascinating, magical and vivid.
Aanel Victoria