Start by marking “Dark Moon (Moon, #10; Decorah Security, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Moon (Moon, #10; Decorah Security, #2)

Dark Moon

(Moon #10)

Undercover on a slave ship of dark eroticism.

DARK MOON is the next book in Rebecca York’s Moon Series and also the first novel in a new series, Decorah Security. Agents Emma Richards and werewolf Cole Marshall take on a dangerous undercover assignment, to rescue a young woman from sexual slavery on a cruise ship converted into a dark and dangerous pleasure palace. When
Published December 13th 2011 by Light Street Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Moon

Start your review of Dark Moon (Moon, #10; Decorah Security, #2)
Tilly Slaton
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
(I am considering this the first novel in the newly introduced Decorah Security spin-off of the Moon series ... Until I am told otherwise.)

Dark Moon is a thrilling perversion of shapeshifting fun. When Ruth told me it was "darker than the others" I was unsure what she meant. Now I know.

Dark Moon is a spin-off from the usual Moon series. Dark Moon introduces Cole, one of the Marshall cousins and an employee of Decorah Security.

In Dark Moon, Decorah Security provides assistance a rescue mission
Ashley Nelson
Started out with a decent premise and plotting, then fell apart about a third in. Everything on the boat was confusing and jumbled, the action scenes as well as the interactions between Emma and Cole. It was hard for me to believe they are suddenly "in love" after sleeping together once (while pretending to be other people). Not enough background provided to justify that leap. Appreciated the twist of the spy already on board, but it wasn't enough to save this one.
Nola Arganbright
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deals with S&M

A dark erotic suspense story. I have enjoyed all of this series that I have read but this triggered me too much and I was not able to complete it. I do plan to continue the series however.
Dianne
Cole Marshall and Emma Richards, both employees of Decorah Security are going undercover on a cruise ship designed for those with the money to back their 'unique' sexual tastes. their mission is to free a young kidnap victim from the perversions of the guests onboard.

One problem, Cole has a secret that he isn't willing to share with Emma, to whom he is becoming attracted, he's a werewolf. He may need to use his abilities to save Karen, as well as many other unwilling 'cast members' on this
Barbara ★
The story itself was just mediocre as was the writing. It's not anything like her previous books which were really good. This self-published book really needed an editor and/or a proofreader as sentences were repeated one after the other, words were missing and the main characters name changed 3/4 of the way through the book for an entire page then reverted back to the correct name. This was very distracting. A very disappointing start to this new series and it didn't add anything to the Dark ...more
Jordan
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Little too heavy with the sex, but I like Ms. York because her books are easy to read. The story flows well and while you can predict some of what will happen, sometimes there are surprises. Please be aware there are graphic scenes, but otherwise, enjoy the story telling. You can always breeze past the sex.
Cindy Hardegree
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful exciting story!

Strong, sexy, captivating characters in this story of danger and intrigue. Hot sex and romance between two agents who cant resist each other while attempting to rescue a young kidnapped woman.
Rebecca Delio
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional Story

I love all books by Rebecca York. Her stories are wonderful and well written. I especially love the Decorah Series....
Radd Reader
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Paranormal. A few twists and turns keep it moving. Big reveal at the end was kind of a let down as it seemed to be out of left field.
Margaret
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**New from USA Today Best-Selling Author Rebecca York**

**PRAISE FOR REBECCA YORK**
Rebecca York delivers page-turning suspense.
--Nora Roberts

Rebecca York never fails to deliver. Her strong characterizations, imaginative plots and sensuous love scenes have made fans of thousands of romance, romantic suspense and thriller readers.
-Chassie West

**OVERVIEW**
He's a werewolf. She's his partner.

Their dangerous assignment: to rescue a young woman forced into sexual slavery.

As their own relationship
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
HAHAHA!

What is up with these books I'v been reading! The last few books I have read all center around some kind of sex group or sex & death hand in hand... I didn't even plan it that way!! Geez!!

I am laughing, because I forgot to review this book & It took like half a day to read it. I read the 4th book in this series & this series is pretty good. I guess my mood wasn't! Sorry!

Premise:

Girl kidnapped & to be sold/rented as a sex slave or something to use aboard this pleasure ship
Bella Doerres
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dark Moon
By Rebecca York (Ruth Glick)

The head of Decorah Security has a special interest in the kidnapping of Karen Hopewell. Hired by her father to find out who took her and get her back has Decorah Security sending in two of their best agents. Emma Richards and Cole Marshall are not happy being assigned to work with each other. Their search for her takes them to the mystery ship the Windward where anyone can live out their sexual fantasy for the right price. Emma soon realizes that Cole
Shay Williams
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it

I found DARK MOON to be an enjoyable quick read. It's a great book for take out on the back porch with a mug of iced tea. I would almost call this book relaxing.

When I think about romantic suspense what comes to mind is darkness and tension. The same applies when I think of werewolves. Just that edge just isn't there. I think that the cruise ship and its owner were creepy in a wacky, over the top sort of way that kept me from taking the rest of the book seriously.

There are some sex scenes in
Silver James
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the Marshall clan of werewolves. Ms. York returns to them with this very sexy entry. Cousin Cole Marshall works for Decorah Security in this spin-off e-book series. Partnered with Emma Richards, Cole has his work cut out for him. He's reached the age when werewolves start seeking a mate and Emma has the word stamped on her forehead--or might as well, as far as Cole is concerned. Thrown into a case involving kidnapping and sex slavery, they go undercover as ...more
Lorraine Lesar
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Rebecca York. Though this particular book is part of a series, you can read it as a stand alone, as I have. Having not read any others in the series, I cannot tell if a werewolf theme is common to all of them or just this particular one, their were no hints in this story. Basically, our two hero's work for a top security company, they know each other, but not particularly well. Due an incident, they are forced to work very closely together and their ...more
Jenny Delandro
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
The daughter of a millionaire is kidnapped and Decorah Security are contacted to retrieve her ... but she is not in a building or basement..
She is on a converted luxury liner owned by a rival of her fathers in the middle of the ocean (a new take on a captive audience).
Like the Love Boat but ramped up to dizzying heights.
Emma has always felt an attraction to Cole but he has never been anything except surly...
But he is trying to hide his attraction to her for a different reason...
It is an
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
Dark moon is the first book in the Decorah security series.

Emma and Cole are sent to the Windward to find a missing girl. They were hired to figure out what happened to Karen, the daughter to a wealthy man who has made some enemies.

The windward is a cruise ship that fulfills your every sexual fantasy. Emma and Cole fight their growing attraction while trying to locate Karen who is being held captive to be turned into a sex slave. Lots of action and mystery. Definite must read if you like
Mimi Barbour
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Both Emma and Cole work for a security company called Decorah. And both are topnotch operatives chosen for the most dangerous jobs. This time they face unprecedented risks. A young girl is kidnapped because of her fathers' earlier dealings with a madman. No matter whether the five million dollar ransom is paid or not, the penalty will be death unless the two investigators can disguise themselves, take on new identities and infiltrate a shipboard party where there are no limits to the perversion ...more
Nancy Steinle gummel
I really enjoyed Dark Moon by Rebecca York. It begins with a New York socialite gets kidnapped. The ransome is $5,000,000. Her father turns to Frank Delcora. Frank inturns to his 2 best agents, Cole and Emma asking them to infiltrate the kidnappers. Karen Hopewell is being held on a cruise ship owned by her fathers rival, DelConte. This ship is where the very wealthy indulge in their sexual fantasies. Cole and Emma were ont a 'couple' when this mission started, but this mission is anything but ...more
Kanya
Apr 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
I didn’t really enjoy that book. I thought the plot was confused and the characters were acting weird. Since there were errors in the story (for example, Cole is sometimes called “Morgan” instead of “Marshall”), it felt more like a first draft than a published book.

I’m still grateful for the free read. I’ll check out Rebecca York’s other series. Maybe I’ll find something that will suit me better than Dark Moon.
Chandra
Hold up. Put on the breaks. I got to 19% of the book and stopped reading. The idea of a cruise ship with rich men carrying out their sexual fantasies is too much. I cannot give the book "one" star. In real life, many women and "children" are TRAFFICKED VICTIMS serving mens fantasies and with no hope of rescue. Readers, the world in this book is very real for very many.

Toni ~married to a hunk~
This was a free book so I didn't know that it was part of another series. I thought it was a first in a new series called Decorah Security. I think the book was okay but I am not sure that I am wanting to know more about these characters or the story line. It was under 200 pages which lately seems short to me.
David Johnston
May 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Lady and werewolf private eyes team up to go aboard a gigantic ship-borne S&M playground and try to rescue a kidnap victim from among the other people being held in slavery. So if you are looking for any shred of plausibility, look elsewhere. Might appeal to people who liked both Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey.
Natasna
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Ok so I was looking for something to read and this series has been on my iPad for awhile so I decided to start it. I had already read .05...it was building up to something good until we made it to the ship and things were a bit confusing and all over the place. I will continue with the rest of the series because I just can't stop in the middle of a series.
Theresa
Feb 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ok.

This series was already going too far away from werewolves into SciFi. Now it’s made an abrupt turn into a detective story involving S&M. I know it’s a connection with another series, but the connection feels too forced and I don’t fell the main couple’s connection.

So here’s another one I’m passing on. Too many different genres in the soup for me.
Incy Black
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Can't quite put my finger on why I didn't click with this book. It was well written, fast paced, hot enough to be eyebrow raising on occasion and the plot was solid. So if that is what you are seeking, go read, you won't be disappointed. I'm sure on this occasion my inability to connect with the characters was down to me as just about everyone else has enjoyed it.
*Flora*
Wow! That was quite a ride! A fast paced crime thriller with an erotic and paranormal twist. I loved the mix. Quite a talent to get the reader so engaged with characters over so few pages; I was hooked!

I really enjoyed this novella so much so that I could ignore the few errors that were missed during editing/proofreading.

I will be looking out for more books in this "Decorah Security" series.
Donna
Apr 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
This sounded interesting, but it was a little erotic for me. The characters had potential, but the plot was weak and the sex seemed to be thrown in there without much meaning. I'm not sure I will read this author again. Maybe if I can find something with more of a Suspenseful Romance, but this wasn't it.
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Jan 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-2012
A much better story then either of the 2 short stories. I enjoyed Yorks' Moon series and liked having a "Marshall" back in the story. I would be open to more stories in this series, so lets see what happens
Kathy
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rebecca York creates wonderful suspenseful paranormal romances that you will immerse yourself in deeper with every page! You will love Cole and Emma's story as they risk their lives for their job and each other!!

• A Taste of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9.5)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Hidden (Deep Ops, #1)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Shadow and Ice (Gods of War, #1)
  • Sweet Surrender (Sapphire Bay #6)
  • Before the Rain Breaks (Finley Creek #6.5; Disaster, #0.5)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Sapphire Bay #5)
  • The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)
  • The Perfect Gift (Bluegrass Singles, #3)
  • Call Her Mine (Harmony Pointe, #1)
  • Bluegrass Dawn (Bluegrass Singles, #2)
  • The Keeneston Roses (Bluegrass Singles, #4)
  • All Hung Up (Bluegrass Singles, #1)
  • Old Dog New Tricks (The Dogfather, #8)
  • Bark! The Herald Angels Sing (The Dogfather, #7)
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack

Moon (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Killing Moon (Moon #1)
  • Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)
  • Witching Moon (Moon #3)
  • Burning Moon (Moon, #3.5)
  • Crimson Moon (Moon #4)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Moon #5)
  • New Moon (Moon #6)
  • Huntress Moon (Moon, #6.5)
  • Ghost Moon (Moon #7)