Start by marking “Whipped, Not Beaten” as Want to Read:
Whipped, Not Beaten

Whipped, Not Beaten

Sadie Davis is craving change. Recently dumped and working for a boss she despises, she is determined to shake up her life as a single woman in the city of Madison. She takes a side job as a home party consultant selling kitchenware, hoping that it will be the spice that turns her life around. Through failed recipes and cold ovens, Sadie works to create something that's a ...more
Published December 12th 2011 by Cornerstone Press

To ask other readers questions about Whipped, Not Beaten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whipped, Not Beaten

Start your review of Whipped, Not Beaten
Tonya
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
It was cute. I like that there was character growth, and some fun cooking scenes. I also like that I know the location, as it is set in Wisconsin, where I live. However, I found the radio station scenes to be unrealistic.
Erin
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I first picked up this book, I thought to myself how fun the cover looked. Yes,I know I'm not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but you know what? In this case, it's true. While being well written and engaging, Whipped, Not Beaten is so much fun to read! Sadie is hilarious and so easy to relate to, especially when she complains about her jerk of a boss. The Wisconsin references are awesome, and even though I've only been to Madison a handful of times, there was enough description that ...more
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of meeting Melissa Westemeier at the Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop this year and I devoured "Whipped, Not Beaten" on the plane on the way home. It was a great story about wonderful characters that I really grew to love. The plot was compelling and it was fun to read about those home parties I always get invited to, but desperately try to avoid. I can't wait to read "Kicks Like a Girl" and whatever else Melissa writes. I highly recommend this book!
Emma Snyder
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maybe I'm a little biased (just kidding) since I know the author personally, but I thought this was a fantastic book. The plot was interesting and imaginative, and Westemeier's writing consistently made me want to keep reading. The characters were engaging and well-developed, and Sadie is an incredibly likable and funny narrator. I would highly recommend this book.
Nicole Hochholzer
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So great! And not just because one of my bestest friends wrote it! It's fun, fun, fun! With great references to Madison and Wisconsin, it makes you want to curl up in a cozy chair and smile your way through the book!
Wendy
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Pure fluff. I picked this up at a library book sale, so the price went to a good cause. But the time spent to read it did not. I guess I am a lot older than most who reviewed this book.
Amanda Wussow
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of being involved in the publishing of this book and it was awesome working with the author. She's a great writer and it shows in her character of Sadie. Amazingly fun book!
Nina Romano
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any and all women
Melissa Westemeier's Whipped, Not Beaten, is not only the perfect title for this book, but it is exactly how the protagonist views the world in this fun-to-read debut chick-lit book.
Tara
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Whipped, Not Beaten is a very unique and fun read. I loved the Madison, Wisconsin references. The fascinating and outrageous characters add lots of humor to the book.
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book! Melissa's witty dialogue will leave you laughing outloud. Pick this book up today!
Julie Sucha Anderson
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Smart, capable heroine. Excellent writing. Great setting and diverse characters. What more could I ask for in a fun read? Enjoyed it.
Katie (BooksRUs)
Aug 10, 2018
Rebecca Siegel
Feb 28, 2014

• Your Money or Your Life
  • Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism: The Belief System That Enables Us to Eat Some Animals and Not Others
  • Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum, #15)
  • The One and Only Ivan
  • Wild Magic (Immortals, #1)