Start by marking “Midwife Cover” as Want to Read:
Midwife Cover

Midwife Cover

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
An FBI agent and a midwife prove opposite s do attract

FBI agent Brady Masters thought his mission to infiltrate the Lost Lamb Ranch and take down a human trafficking scheme was about to end, but it was only just beginning.… Now he needed the help of Petra Jamison, a gorgeous free spirit who had dropped out of the FBI to become a midwife. Going undercover with her as a marr

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Intrigue #1343, 224 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Midwife Cover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midwife Cover

Susan
Good book, but the blurb isn't quite correct. I don't recall their identities being compromised or Brady being told to walk away. When Brady and Petra first met, it was obvious they were complete opposites. Brady is a by-the-book, gotta have a plan kind of guy. Petra left the FBI over their rigid rules and became a midwife. She is more of a touchy-feely, heavy into New Age feelings. Brady asked Petra to assist him in going undercover at a home for unwed mothers that is a suspected site for human ...more
Debbie Heaton
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
In Miles’ romantic suspense novel, FBI agent Brady Masters is on a mission to infiltrate the Lost Lamb Ranch over a case involving human trafficking. But to do that, he had to team with a midwife to solidify his cover as a married man. Much to his surprise, Brady soon discovers that he likes Petra Jamison as a partner in every way. When their cover is blown, Brady is ordered to stand down. Obeying commanding officers went with the job, but denying his feelings was a whole different ballgame.

Mil
Diana Hockley
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
I don't know why this novel wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. It had everything going for it - the mystery, the gorgeous hero, the gorgeous heroine, the secondary love story and of course, the babies.

I think it could be because the idea of an FBI agent "dropping out" to become a midwife was a little bizarre. This is just my opinion, but it didn't seem realistic somehow, even though one has to suspend disbelief in romantic fiction!

The book was well-written and paced, pleasant enough, b
Wendy Lincoln
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
It was an okay book. I wasn't exactly thrilled because on the back of the book it says that their identities had been compromised and he was ordered to end the assignment. I am not sure where that part of the book went. I went cover to cover and it wasn't there. The ending was pretty stupid. It just basically ended. It wrapped up so simple, really? It was a disappointment.
Kate Vale
Nov 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This book left me not sure I understood what the author was trying to do. Close down a baby trafficking racket, but then discover illegal organ stealing? Both? Or was it simply a way to bring the FBI profiler together with the midwife, former FBI woman?

Perhaps it ended too soon or not soon enough. To say I was dissatisfied is probably the best I can do.
Heather Willson
Jul 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting plot. Corny conclusion. Seems like the author was limited on page count and sprinted through the climax and summation.
Kristina
Jul 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm not too sure about this book. I thought that it was written well and fast paced, but it ended so abruptly and everything was done. Maybe if this book could have been longer and more developed it would been spectacular.
And there cover was never blown, sorry.
Denise
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Slow build up and too fast to the conclusion - would have benefited from another 50 or 100 pages to fill the story out.
Lorraine Shaw
Lise Lotte
Jul 03, 2013
Dottie Bonner
Aug 17, 2017
Cassie grew up in a small town at the very tip of southern Illinois. A tomboy, she spent most of her time outside and got into big trouble for breaking the trellis while climbing out her second-story bedroom window.

When her family moved to L.A., major culture shock ensued. She discovered that grapefruits grew on trees, television offered more than two channels, and all the other girls had breasts.
More about Cassie Miles...