Start by marking “Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)” as Want to Read:
Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)

Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters #4)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  303 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
With dreams of marrying an Old Order Amish man, Leah Yoder plans on raising children in the peaceful Delaware community. But when Mennonite missionary Daniel Brown arrives to share his story with their church, Leah is fascinated by him. She spends time with Daniel in a forbidden courtship to learn how she truly feels about him. Before long, Leah has a choice to make. Shoul ...more
Published April 17th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Leah's Choice, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Emma Cunningham
I have a guilty pleasure: Amish romance.

Sometimes I just want to abandon everything and move to an Amish farm in the middle of nowhere. Then I remember that a) I’m an atheist, b) I’m a technology junkie, and…yeah. But somehow, Emma Miller convinces me, temporarily, that I want to go live on an Amish farm.

So then what happens when one of the girls on said Amish farm thinks about converting to the Mennonite faith and moving across the world to be with a Mennonite missionary?

That’s the choice that
⚜Trea⚜
This was more of a 2.5 star read for me, but it is worth rounding up to 3 stars. We return to Hannah Yoder and her daughters, and the focus of this book is on Leah, who is having trouble fitting in after her return from caring for her grandmother in Ohio.

While I normally can sink into an Amish novel, Leah didn't sit right with me. She was too quick to deceive her family, but also internalized much of her thoughts and struggles, even from the man she was interested in marrying! I also couldn't se
Abbie
4.5 Stars!

Leah is going along in her Amish life with no thoughts of ever leaving but once rainy night a Mennonite missionary starts to change all that. Daniel is a missionary in the USA waiting in his next mission field and while he is waiting he is going around to churches giving presentations. The night he gives the presentation to the group Leah is attending its pouring down rain and he walks in with a little Amish boy who's brother is missing. Daniel ends up helping in the search and is pair
IrenesBookReviews
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First let me acknowledge that this is number four in the series called Hannah’s Daughters. I have not read any of the other books in the series but still enjoyed this story on its own.

Leah Yoder is at a crossroads in her life. She is not ready to commit and join her local Amish sect but is not sure what she is yearning for. A Mennonite missionary comes to speak and Leah is drawn to him. Daniel Brown is between missionary trips when he stops by the Delaware community. Meeting Leah changes his lif
Liralen
Dec 05, 2015 rated it liked it
You know how sometimes there's, say, a sweet that you've been wanting to try? You know you'll probably still prefer chocolate, and you know the sweet will just rot your teeth, and there's an outside chance that you'll enjoy it enough to want more, but really, you don't need more sweets.

Well. There you have Amish romance. I have now read one. My teeth are, I think, all in one piece...and I still prefer chocolate.
Rachel Brand
GENRE: AMISH ROMANCE
PUBLISHER: LOVE INSPIRED
PUBLICATION DATE: APRIL 17, 2012
RATING: 3.5 OUT OF 5 – GOOD

PROS: Interesting details about Mennonite missionaries; good continuity about the Yoder family from previous books; sweet romance

CONS: Romance moves very fast; Leah isn’t as developed as previous characters in the series

After having spent some time away from her conservative Amish community in Delaware, Leah Yoder is struggling to fit back in again. Although she’s long beyond the typical age fo
Natasha
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: amish
Incredibly judgemental characters all through the book. I have read the entire series but one book. The reason l have is to see where everyone winds up. Out of all eight sisters l have liked two. This series of books just seems really harsh on the choices the characters make.
Diana McVicker
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series!!
Mercedes Cordero
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
After watching her sisters get married, Leah Yoder wondered about her future husband, the Amish man she was going to spend the rest of her life with, and raise their children while living in their Amish community close to her family. However, when she meets Daniel Brown, a Mennonite missionary, she is taken aback. She is attracted to him, finds him fascinating, and starts questioning her Amish ways.

On his part, Daniel is awestruck by Leah, this beautiful Amish girl who is strong, independent and
Chrissy
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
I must admit that I have a guilty pleasure for reading novels about the Amish, one that started when I discovered my first Beverly Lewis series. So when I saw that LEAH'S CHOICE by Emma Miller was available to read at Netgalley, I jumped at the chance to take another peek into the world of the Amish.

Now, I didn't realize at the time that this was a part of a series, but luckily for me it works perfectly fine as a stand-alone novel. And, I can't deny that the pink cursive "Love Inspired" font at
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
This is a condensed version of my review. The extended version can be found here.

Disclaimers: I received an e-galley of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, this is the first book I've read by Emma Miller and I can assure you it won't be the last. This book was definitely one of my favorite Amish fiction novels of the year.

This was in large part due to how much I adored the character Leah and Daniel. I also just loved the m
Rhonda
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review: Leah's Choice by Emma Miller
4 STARS
Leah's Choice is a good, uplifting, fast read.
Leah is Amish and her family has lived the plain and simple way. No phones, cars ect. Leah has not been baptised in her church even though her little sister at 16 did.
The Menonites invited some of the Amish youth to hear a Daniel speak about his missionary experience and show powerpoint of the different folks and
places he served. Before he could start a call for help went out a six year old boy was lost ou
Robin
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Leah’s Choice
Emma Miller

Book Summary: Falling for an Englisher. With dreams of marrying an Old Order Amish man, Leah Yoder plans on raising children in the peaceful Delaware community. But when Mennonite missionary Daniel Brown arrives to share his story with their church, Leah is fascinated by him. She spends time with Daniel in a forbidden courtship to learn how she truly feels about him. Before long, Leah has a choice to make. Should she stay with her community...or leave with the man she bel
Andrea Guy
This is one of the books in Miller's series Hannah's Daughters. It is a little slow moving in comparison to the others. I kept wishing Leah would make her choice or at least admit to her feelings about the young Mennonite (Daniel).

I actually enjoyed the side story of Johanna and Wilber over Leah and Daniel. There was more intrigue there, and the outcome at the end of the book between these characters. Their story had more substance, domestic abuse and depression. In the case of Leah and Daniel i
Veronica
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Unlike most readers of this book, I am not a big fan of Amish fiction, I'm just not. Three stars is a pretty high rating for me for an Amish romance.
This book was cute. I have to say the biggest draw was that Daniel was a Mennonite, it was a good twist to the genre.
I loved Daniel's character. He was awesome. He made me want to marry him and go live in the jungle. Well maybe not quite that far but I really liked his character.
I also really enjoyed Leah's character. I liked her outspoken person
Rebecca
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish-fiction
I kindly thank the publishers for my free netgalley review of Leah's Choice by Emma Miller. This is my second experience with her books and I am always pleased after reading her books to have it be such a wonderful expereince.

The storyline is written with such ease and the reader will experience the joys, conflict, doubt, fear right along with the character as well as learn much about about the Mennonnite and Amish cultures.

I was worried that I had not read them in order of the series, but I
Ausjenny
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish
Thanks to netGalley for my review copy.

I have read a couple others in this series of Hannah's Daughters and have enjoyed the stories. If you haven't read the other books you will still follow this book. Leah has come home with her sister Rebecca from helping her grandmother in Ohio. In Ohio she had more freedom in a Amish District which wasn't quite as strict. Daniel is a Mennonite missionary which some of the Amish youth go to listen to. Leah watches the presentation and is moved by the picture
D.J.
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Emma Miller rocks the boat with this story!

Leah hasn't been baptized yet, but she never dreamed that she would leave the Amish faith... until she meets Daniel, the Mennonite missionary who came to Kent County to visit his family and ended up agreeing to speak to the youth group at their Mennonite Church.

And such a wonderful man he is... a real hero, he is being called.

Leah discovers a whole different way of life with Daniel, but she is determined to stay true to the Amish beliefs, even though sh
Shari Larsen
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is book #4 in the Hannah's Daughters series. It works as a stand alone book, but recommend reading the first 3 of the series first.

Leah Yoder is an Amish woman, who always thought she'd marry an Old Order Amish man, but when she meets Mennonite Daniel Brown, she is fascinated by him. She spends time with him in a forbidden courtship to learn how she truly feels about him. Before long, she has a decision to make; stay in her community, or leave it behind to be be with Daniel, who she believe
Judy
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Does Leah Follow Her Heart?

I have enjoyed reading about Hannah Yoder’s Daughters. This story is about Leah Yoder. Author Emma Miller is a great teller of stories and I love reading her books.

Leah has some decisions to make regarding her future and it involves someone outside the Amish faith. After much prayer she still hasn’t the slightest idea of what she should do.

I enjoyed reading updates of Hannah’s other daughters in this book too. There is an incident that is pretty disturbing. A lot of pe
Carolyn E
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book gets 5 stars plus. Leah's Choice is the fourth book in Emma Miller's "Hannah's Daughters" series and is, in my opinion, the best one so far. Next, I will be reading the fifth book in this series, Redeeming Grace, which has also gotten excellent reviews. I believe a sixth book will be released in May, 2013; am looking forward to it.

I would recommend this series to everyone.
Barb Klein
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Leah's Choice" by Emma Miller was a very good rainy day book. I was interested in the differences between Mennonite and Amish cultures. This was brought to light in this book. Leah is Amish. Daniel is Mennonite. The attraction between the two was instantaneous. Brought together by an almost-tragedy, Leah and Daniel continue to find strength and hope and love together. I was left in suspense until the end, trying to determine whether or not Leah would accept Daniel even though their families wer ...more
Maureen Timerman
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This is a great feel good read. Yes there is some hard things that happen, but I love reading about Hannah Yoder's Daughter's! This being Leah's story, but great visits with the rest of the family.
Leah is going to meet a great Mennonite man named Daniel, and she is going to have to make some major life changing decisions. Of course her Grandmother, and Aunt Martha are back, and delightful Aunt Jezzy.
You do not have to have read the other books in this series to read this one, although I highly r
d
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a short romantic story, but so much more that that. It is one heart calling to another across the Amish and Mennonite communities. Young Leah wrestles with the concept of love versus a crush on one handsome young Daniel. A family crisis arises and is Leah to choose family over her heart's stirrings? Can she leave her community to join him in the Mennonite world? Can faith and love in God be found in both worlds?

I am already looking for the other books in this inspiring and thought-provok
Janice Aitkens
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this on the kindle

I enjoyed this one in the series i think i guess the ending sort of as if she would go with
Daniel who a Mennonite or stay Amish but enjoyed the twist & turns

I also like the sub-plot with one of the sisters i have got the all the books in this series now & just have to wait for the last one which is about Hannah herself which comes out in June 2014

I can recommend this series & am about to start the next one in the series which is book 5
April Suter
Jun 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Daniel Brown, a Mennotie missionary, shows up in the Delaware Old Order Amish community the night the young Joey was lost. Leah and Daniel team up to search for Joey and not only do they find Joey but also each other. Can they merge their two lives?

218 pages
Darlene Roy
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the story of Leah and Daniel. Emma Miller has done a great job with the different stories of Hannah's daughters. Can't wait to read Redeeming Grace. I recommend Leah's Choice as a good read.
Christy
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: love-inspired, amish
Leah's choice ruined this entire book for me. Just a matter of not liking the story line. I was hoping for a different outcome.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Hannah's Daughters
Category: Inspirational Romance
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • A Groom for Greta (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #3)
  • Beyond Hope's Valley (The Big Sky Series, #3)
  • A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish, #1)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)
  • Montana Cowboy
  • Her Surprise Sister (Texas Twins, #1)
  • Wildflower Bride in Dry Creek
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • Missing Your Smile (Fields Of Home, #1)
  • A Love Rekindled
  • Healing Love (Amish Of Webster County #1)
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • The Promise of Home (Mirror Lake, #5)
  • Brush of Angel's Wings (Heaven On Earth #2)
  • The Amish Groom
  • The Cowboy's Homecoming (The Cowboy Series, #8)
  • The Heart's Frontier (The Amish of Apple Grove, #1)

Hannah's Daughters (8 books)
  • Courting Ruth (Hannah's Daughters, #1)
  • Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2)
  • Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)
  • Redeeming Grace (Hannah's Daughters, #5)
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • Rebecca's Christmas Gift
  • Hannah's Courtship (Hannah's Daughters #8)