Start by marking “Shades of Truth (Undercover Cops #2)” as Want to Read:
Shades of Truth (Undercover Cops #2)

Shades of Truth

(Undercover Cops #2)

MISSION: HIDDEN IDENTITY
Published March 6th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades of Truth

Start your review of Shades of Truth (Undercover Cops #2)
Hannah
This story starts off with a bang, and there are tons of twists to the crimes and plenty of suspects. Add to that a great male lead and a spunky leading lady, as well as a very strong message of Christian forgiveness and not living a defeated life. If you're wanting to kick back with an absorbing Christian mystery, kick back with this series. ...more
Mark
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read. I like it when a Christian book like this is more than just the suspense or romance. In this story, Ethan had done something as a teenager that he couldn't forgive himself for. He felt he didn't deserve anything good, and it even skewed his view of God and God's love and view of and for him. ...more
Melanie
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
I debated on whether to give this 4.5 or 5 stars, but since the story was so good, I decided on 5.

One thing I particularly liked was how Ginny (from Deep Cover) was is this book. It was great to see how things were with her.

The characters in Shades of Truth were great! I loved Ethan - he was my favorite character in this book. Kim was another great character, but she sometimes frustrated me because she didn't tell Ethan all of what had happened at the time.

The mystery is Shades of Truth was rea
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“MISSION: HIDDEN IDENTITY
Big city detective Ethan Reed is working deep undercover at a Christian youth detention center. The kind of place he spent some harrowing time in as a kid. Ethan’s mission: ferret out who’s recruiting resident teens for a drug ring. He expects help from the lovely, devoted director of Hope Manor. But Kim Corbett won’t tell Ethan anything— even when she’s threatened and attacked. When Ethan discovers what Kim is protecting, his guarded heart opens just a
Katy Lee
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Non-Stop Action!

This book did not lull at any point. There was always something to pay attention to, and the surprises around many corners kept you guessing. I love Sandra's many play on words. Her writing is so creative and visual. She knows exactly how to say the right amount of words, and in many cases with the right amount of humor, to get her point across.

This is the second book in her Undercover Series, and she has proven to have what it takes to take it on. I loved her hero's inner confli
Jessica Nelson
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading Shades of Truth. Orchard's underlying themes of truth and forgiveness in a undercover policeman scenario has always interested me, but what I love most about this book is that I had no clue who the villain would be!
The story is about Kim, a compassionate youth worker who is trying to save her father's facility for troubled youths from losing its funding. Enter Ethan, the undercover policeman determined to unearth who is recruiting young kids from the facility to deal dru
Betti
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Well written, with characters that kept me wondering which one would turn out to be the villain. I really felt for the hero as he struggled with forgiveness, and found the spiritual references give us all something to ponder. I really enjoyed this book, and look forward to reading more by this author!
Annie
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in this series I was excited for this one. It did not disappoint. In fact, I loved this on even more. It was the 2 characters, Kim and Ethan. I liked both characters where in the 1st book I had some issues with Kim. In this one I felt they were both strong, smart and capable. Not to mention the suspense scenes had me on edge.
Dancer
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
MISSION: HIDDEN IDENTITY
Big city detective Ethan Reed is working deep undercover at a Christian youth detention center. The kind of place he spent some harrowing time in as a kid. Ethan's mission: ferret out who's recruiting resident teens for a drug ring. He expects help from the lovely, devoted director of Hope Manor. But Kim Corbett won't tell Ethan anything-- even when she's threatened and attacked. When Ethan discovers what Kim is protecting, his guarded heart opens just a bit wider. Enough
Kav
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This edge-of-your-seat suspense has enough sharp turns to give you whiplash! Orchard keeps her readers on their toes from the very first action-packed scene. My head was spinning with possible suspects...or maybe it was because of the hunky hero, Ethan Reed. Talk about a knight in shining armor exploding onto the scene! Every girl's dream -- except for Kim's. Not that she doesn't appreciate an attractive man with a rescue gene. What girl wouldn't? But life's too complicated to go there...right? ...more
Anne Marie
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a good suspense/love story (more of a suspense to me). I normally don't read the Love Inspired books but I picked some up while back for .50 a book at the used book store for quick reads and to give to friends/family. I was waiting for a book to come in so I decided to try this book and I really did enjoy this book and I will be looking for more from this author and the Undercover Cops.

Shades of Truth had me from start to the end and I would keep saying I will go to bed after this chapt
Debbie Heaton
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
In Orchard’s inspirational romantic suspense, detective Ethan Reed is undercover at a youth detention center similar to the one he grew up in. His mission: determine who is recruiting resident teens for a local drug ring. The director, Kim Corbett is resistive in cooperating with the detective especially after she is attacked. When Ethan stumbles across the reason for her uncooperative behavior, he realizes this is probably the most dangerous assignment he has ever pursued.

A good addition to the
Kelley
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Well it is 2:00 am and I just finished this book. I began it at 5:00pm yesterday. I really enjoyed the suspense of the story . . . Wondering if everyone would be alright in the end. The characters felt like real people that you wanted to care for and could not just put the book down and leave. My only problem was I wish that there was a bit more of an extension of time at the end. Well now I will have to get the first book of the series.
Allie
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. The characters were well developed, and there was good chemistry between the h/h. I liked the mystery aspect of the story as well. Sometimes these "suspense" imprints aren't all that suspenseful, but this one was full of action and kept me guessing.

On the spiritual side, I liked this book's message. Secrets and guilt really are terrible burdens, and just about every character was struggling to come to terms with choices they made.
Judine Brey
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked how Kim's background interest in policework led to her figuring out (and understanding) Ethan's work as an undercover cop. Her brother Darryl's conflicted and semi-illegal behavior led to the conclusion being mostly satisfying. The novel does well highlighting strong themes of guilt and forgiveness. ...more
Crystal
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shades of Truth

The story of Ethan and Kim reveals that in order for you to receive all the blessings that God has in store for you after he forgives you, you have to be willing to forgive yourself and let it go. Holding on to guilt hinders your blessings. Kim and Joy helped Ethan accept this truth. A very good Christian romance.
Kereasa Reynolds
Great story. Non-stop action. Loved how Sandra Orchard kept you guessing what was to happen next.
Kim
Jan 16, 2017 added it
I enjoyed this book every much.
Vivian
Feb 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Ethan comes in like a knight in shining armor and ends up needing some rescuing of his own.
Eva Hamilton
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea who the villain was until the end of the book!
Very likeable characters with a touching sub-plot that dealt with a dying family member.
A great read!
Loree Huebner
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Romantic Suspense and more...I enjoyed Shades of Truth. Sandra is a novelist to watch. I look forward to reading her 3 book series from Revell coming next summer.
John Hanscom
Feb 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe a little less, but this was one of the better ones - good story, well written, and without poor editing.
Val
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Wasn't really interesting at first but the more I read the more I HAD to read. The end chapters made me tear up BUT the epilogue made me smile. ...more
Wesley Taylor
Sep 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Love Inspired Books: Love Inspired Suspense Giveaway! 2 14 Apr 02, 2012 01:31PM
Fans of Christian...: Goodreads Giveaway Feb 26-Mar4 7 9 Feb 26, 2012 12:32PM

• Lifeline (The Security Experts, #2)
  • The Last Target (The Security Experts #0.5)
  • Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)
  • Edge of Peril (Fog Lake Mysteries #1)
  • Walk the Wire (Amos Decker, #6)
  • Dark Harbor
  • Distorted (Cape Thomas #3)
  • Protective Custody
  • Dubiosity (Cape Thomas #1)
  • Ricochet
  • A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
  • Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, #1)
  • Distant Echoes (Aloha Reef #1)
  • Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue, #4)
  • Desperate Measures
  • Fire Dancer
  • Storm Front (Montana Rescue, #5)
Sandra leaps off the garden trails of her herbal-researcher-turned-amateur-sleuth (Port Aster Secrets) series, to the museum corridors of her plucky FBI art crime agent Serena Jones, in A Fool and His Monet.

When not plotting crimes, Sandra plays make-believe with her grandchildren or hikes with her hubby along the escarpment, near their home in Niagara, Canada.

Her novels have garnered numerous a

Undercover Cops (3 books)
  • Deep Cover (Undercover Cops #1)
  • Critical Condition (Undercover Cops, #3)

News & Interviews