Start by marking “Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)

Cupcakes and Killer Heels

(Men Who Won't Be Tamed #2)

Ruby Delisantro never blushes…

…but after one glance from the infuriating Callum Westmore's bedroom eyes she's flushed redder than a glacé cherry. Her body has the right idea, for now that Callum's convertible has crashed into her life, nothing will ever be the same….

Ruby's always been in the driver's seat when it comes to relationships, but something tells her that Callum
Published March 6th 2012 by Harlequin (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cupcakes and Killer Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cupcakes and Killer Heels

One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya SonesFalling for the Wrong Guy by Sara HantzTen Cents a Dance by Christine FletcherRoyal Heist by Rachelle McCallaCupcakes and Killer Heels by Heidi Rice
"Ruby"
145 books — 9 voters
Puss in Boots by Charles PerraultBallet Shoes by Noel StreatfeildTheater Shoes by Noel StreatfeildSkating Shoes by Noel StreatfeildSneakers, the Seaside Cat by Margaret Wise Brown
Shoes in the Title
453 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
Nicola Marsh
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read too many category romances this year but the ones I've been lucky enough to pick up have been crackers!

This one is no exception.

Heidi Rice has a fabulously snappy voice and the heat between her characters Ruby and Callum is amazing! Sparks galore.
A seriously sexy read.

I love a feisty, strong-willed heroine and Ruby delivers in spades, more than a match for the alpha Cal.

Really enjoyed this.
Alex is The Romance Fox
I love reading series, where we get to read characters that we met in previous books, stories.

This is the 2nd book in the fabulous Heidi Rice’s Brothers & Sisters series and here we have Cal, Maddy’s brother from book #1 (Surf, Sea And A Sexy Stranger), which I loved http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98...

Cal Westmore is a total alpha-male, gorgeous, rich, witty, an amazing salsa dancer and despite him being British (I’m not totally mad about these Brit heroes normally), I fell in love with him
Saly
Pretty average and I was left with a feeling that the book had no conflict, story and was all about the sexy times. The heroine is a major flirt, getting her make-up on when the hero hits her car, they flirt, he gets back to her. She is trying to expand her cupcake business, hero is anti-love since he witnessed first hand the disaster of his parents(his father was a cheater and used the hero as an alibi), they both have a fling which become more than one night when the hero takes her to his sist ...more
iamGamz
A deliciously fun read that lingered on my “Want to Read” list for waaay too long.

Ruby met Callum when he ran into her. Literally.
She was in her double parked car, dolling up for a very important meeting to get her bespoke cupcakes into a fancy restaurant.

The accident caused her to arrive late for her appointment, but it also caused her to meet the hottest barrister she’s ever seen. Callum was equally intrigued with Ruby. So much so that he tracked her down to her business and invited her to
RLA
Jun 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a big fan of Heidi's books for a while, I find her writing is always full of quick wit, sparky characters, as well as having a very modern feel. To me her books are like the love-child of 'Sex and the City' and 'Bridget Jones', which can only be a good thing! This one is her first for the new RIVA line, her previous were released on the Modern Extra/Heat imprint, which has now been replace by RIVA, and it fits this new imprint perfectly like a designer shoe! If you have read any of h ...more
Doris
May 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heidi had me hooked from the first sentence Take a chill pill pal. This is a make up emergency. When fiery Ruby Delisantro meets Callum Westmore QC in a fender bender, the mutual attraction is instant and explosive. As the two of them start to explore each other, it is obvious to the reader how much they belong together, but needless to say it takes them the rest of the book to figure it out.

Callum is a Hero to die for, who has more than met his match in Ruby and I enjoyed their verbal sparring
Ale Rivero
Una novelita para pasar el rato definitivamente. El dramón no fue tanto como lo sospechaba, pero hubo, como siempre.
Los protagonistas de esta historia son Ruby y Callum, ambos tienen una personalidad bastante fuerte que los hace querer tener el control sobre todo, pero el amor y la pasión se terminan interponiendo en sus deseos de control.
Me gusta cómo se ha desarrollado el romance, porque les lleva su tiempo darse cuenta y aceptar que lo que sienten no es solo química sexual, sino también amor.
Stephanie
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Heidi Rice is another new to me author who I thoroughly enjoyed reading. I will definitely be looking for her next release.

The witty banter between Ruby and Callum had me turning the pages. Ruby is independent and says what she thinks making her the perfect match for Callum. However, never of them is looking for the perfect match.

Each has to work their family history to overcome what’s holding them back. It’s a bumpy ride at times that makes you want to shake some sense into them. The ending i
Bridie Coleman
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say other than FABULOUS! Only book I can honestly say I read three times in a row one after another. Loved the characters of Ruby and Cal - sparks flew!

Read this - best book I have read in a very long time.
Chris Coulson
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
My Reviews: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Fabulous!Heidi Rice never fails to deliver an entertaining story with a great plot and multifaceted characters.

This book was fast paced and Hot! Hot! Hot! The writing was sharp and witty, just what I have come to expect from Heidi Rice.

Heidi had me reeled in from the first lines of the book “Take a Chill pill Pal, This is a makeup emergency”. I love a confident, feisty & spunky heroine and Ruby was all that and more. The chemistry between Cal and Rub
Tracie
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
A story with a different tone than the usual Harelquin Presents. First off I love the title. It makes the book stand out.

Ruby, the heroine, was sassy and full of spunk. I loved her fearless attitude. Cal was a hot hero. The two together sizzled. In no time at all they are heating things up.

Both H & h are trying so hard to not let their fling turn into anything more. That is always a foreshadowing of how hard they will fall towards the end. I was so looking forward to that moment. Thankfully I wa
Teresa
This is the first of Heidi Rice's I've read and it didn't disappoint. It starts off fast paced and sexy, and this Riva goes all the way.

The writing is sassy, sharp, and witty and her characters were explosively sexy. Sparks fly with Ruby and Callum, and boy, does Callum Westmore knows a thing or two!

Personally, I wasn't sure if the epilogue was necessary. It's Mills and Boon, of course it's going to have a happy ending and the heroine is going to get what she wants! I never doubted that for th
Cherish
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It made me smile a lot.

I found out about this novel several years ago when the author did a romance novel session in my local library. The session was really interesting and inspiring too.

In general I enjoyed reading this novel. There was a lot of humour and I couldn't put it down. Ruby is indeed a very interesting character and I adored how she delved in to Callum's heart.

I will certainly be reading more of Heidi's novels.
Melissa Maxwell
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have never found a book by Heidi that I have not just loved and this one is no exception. I love Ruby and Callum both head strong and determined the other is completely wrong for the other. I love how the relationship developed over a short period of time but you could see the connection. I wonder if there is Maddie and Rye's story and if there could be Ella (Ruby's business partner/BFF) and Ruby's estranged brother Nick's stories later on.
Ana
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This was fun!!!
Glynda Roy
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good romance.
Nina Harrington
Heidi Rice has created another wonderful RIVA line novel with two contemporary and well motivated characters. A terrific read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Men Who Won't Be Tamed
Category: Classic Romance
Modesty_b
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
it started of soo good.. but lost it in the middle when the H started being a jerk... the h was good and no ones doormat....but in the end there is this not so miraculous change of H coz he just wanted the h and all other things are just gravy... and what really bothered me was , there was not much character building... sure there was back ground and tragedy in the past retold, but we don't really see much into the character, what makes them tic, how are their work life's generally, no funny ane ...more
Dianna Laswell
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't read hungry

Good story. Plot developed quickly when he suddenly saw the light. I like Heidi Rice's epilogues. Her food descriptions were good. It's nice to meet a heroine who actually eats.
Marj
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ms_prue
Dec 17, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Came with 'Sex, Gossip and Rock and Roll' as a 2-in-1. The blurb looked promising, but I got less than five pages in and gave up. The heroine is an idiot who gets rear-ended because she's parked in the middle of the road trying to fix up her make-up. The hero is a jerk who rear-ends the selfish cow taking up the quiet country road. They both get out of their cars and have the most implausible road-rage dialogue ever while struggling in the throes of Insta-Lust(TM).

If you would like to read a sto
Marleen
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Het is natuurlijk ook mijn genre niet, maar voordat je je een mening over een genre kan vormen, moet je er iets van gelezen hebben, dus vandaar dat ik dit Harlequinboekje eens gelezen heb. Nou, interessant. Maar toch niet echt voor herhaling vatbaar, al was het maar vanwege het hoge heterogehalte.
Fiona
Loretta
Mar 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• After Their Vows
  • The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1)
  • Forgotten Mistress, Secret Love-Child (Regally Wed #2)
  • The CEO Takes a Wife (Valente #1)
  • Innocent in the Billionaire's Bed
  • Secret Son, Convenient Wife
  • The C.O.O. Must Marry (Valente #2)
  • Beauty and the Billionaire
  • Vows of Revenge
  • The Right Mr Wrong
  • The End of Faking It
  • I'll Be Yours for Christmas (Harlequin Blaze, #584)
  • Want Me
  • The Renegade (Men Out of Uniform, #7)
  • The Heat Is On
  • Breaking the Boss’s Rules (Mills & Boon Modern Tempted)
  • Mistletoe Not Required
  • Night After Night...
My name's Heidi Rice, I'm a USA Today Bestselling author. I'm married with two sons (which gives me rather too much of an insight into the male psyche!).

I love my job because it involves sitting down at my computer and getting swept up in a world of high emotions, sensual excitement, funny feisty women, sexy tortured men and glamourous locations where laundry doesn't exist ... Not bad, eh.

Then I

Men Who Won't Be Tamed (2 books)
  • The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1)

News & Interviews