Start by marking “Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation” as Want to Read:
Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation

Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation

Red Carpet Confession!

Lily belongs to Tristan
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3064, Scandal in the Spotlight Miniseries, 192 pages
Published May 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation

Start your review of Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
Saly
An impressive debut by the author. Like all M&B's it has ingredients, like the hero judging to conclusions about the heroine, since he met her at 14 and saw she had a joint, the kiss they shared at 17 & then him kicking her out since he sees her with drugs & then believing her reputation, after all her parents were known drug users and her step-father's parties wild. He wants to shelter his little sister who was friends with her.

Six years later his sister is getting married and she's
boogenhagen
Vashti
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent debut novel by Michelle Conder.Enjoyed the heroine Lily and Tristan,the hero.There was sexual tension from the moment these two meet again after six years apart.Tristan helps to free Lilly from drug charges and she is placed in his custody untill everything gets settled.Lily is an actress and Tristan believes allthe pap press about her,untill he begins to realize that the stories were untrue.Enjoyed the dialogues between these two.Looking foreard to more futute stories by this author.
Booklover
Wonderful Emotional Second chance at love read,adored Lily,Tristan was jerk in start but redeemed himself as gets to know real Lily,both were hurt by their parents which coloured their present relation but enjoyed the journey from dislike to blossoming of love,all other secondary characters were fun,loved Lily-Jordana's friendship bond.

Overall a wonderful read
Recommend it
Esther
Reread. Again my taste have changed in my expectations of hero and heroine. Hero was a bit of a jerk and the heroine could have been more upfront and communicate better.

Good pacing and nice plot.

RLA
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero Tristan is begged by his sister to try and get the heroine Lily freed from where she is being held after she was arrested for apparently smuggling drugs into the country. Tristan agrees but is less than happy about it as not only does he detest drug users, and he is certain Lily is one, but also has never approved of Lily and her wild ways. Lily is thankful that Tristan has been able to free her until he informs her that the condition of her release is that she has to remain in his ...more
Dalia
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent debut for a very promising new author !!! You get sucked in from the very first page, the h/H are very likeable, even H s rude behavior towards h is justifiable in the storyline, & h, thou sweet, has backbone & stand up to H in every possible way, the attraction between h/H crackles all along & the simmering tension in every page of the book keeps you glued till the end . Can't wait for MC new book :-))
Sapheron
Very good first offering, and it helped that it was right up my alley (me love you long time). What really impressed me though was that most of the book was actually from the H's POV. We really got to know him, understand what made him tick and it definitely helped to see his explanation for some of the misjudgments he'd made about Lily. The world Michelle created was very faceted, there is the current stuff happening as well as very real consequences of what happened in the past in Lily's ...more
Jenny
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this but I just couldn't. I think it's the plot that didn't appeal to me at all. I guess I am more into traditional old Harlequin themes and stories. This one was too modern for my old fashioned tastes.
Kaycee ❤️

I heard that this is Michelle Conder's debut novel, and if that’s the case, I’m excited to say we have a new to watch out for writer in HPLandia! I really, really enjoyed the book. I loved it from the first page up to the last. The plot seemed simple and you might say, predictable but it was very well written, with awesome dialogue and very endearing characters. I fell in love with both Tristan and Lily. I felt their pain, their anger, their confusion and their love. I loved how Ms. Conder's can
Kay
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
4 Stars ~ Growing up with the notoriety of her celebrity parents drug overdose deaths, Lily has learnt not to let anyone see she cares. It's been six years since she's been home to London, and now returning to attend her best friend's wedding, Lily is detained at Heathrow because the sniffer dog has found narcotics in her tote bag. Her friend Jordana appeals to her brother to help Lily and with great reluctance Tristan agrees to help the drug addicted starlet. In his mind, Lily hasn't changed; ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
This is a great debut book for Michelle Conder.
Engaging characters...the hero, Tristan Garret, who just happens to be gorgeous titled (a duke complete with a beyond fabulous ancestral home!!!)and very rich is Lily Wild's (loved her name....Honey Blossom Lily)best friend's brother who she has been in love since she was a teenager.

He has a duty to continue the family's illustrious history by marrying the right woman ..read...rich, titled and so boring...and there is no chance whatsoever Lily
Tia
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Tristan had always despised Lily's behavior and when she was charged with having drugs in her bag coming back from Thailand, he thought it was typical. He had caught her with a joint when she was younger and caught her with cocaine when she was a teenager. When his sister begged him for help because she knew Lily didn't do it, he said he'd help but only because he loves his sister.

The only way Lily would be free is if she remained in Tristan's custody. He never believed in her at all, he always
Jenn - Reviews
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters, great hero and heroine, great story for putting them together under the same roof.
The hero, Tristan, is a pure alpha male. The heroine, Lily, maintains a quiet dignity throughout the story, despite being falsely pegged by the hero.
The coming together of these two is fabulously written emerging as really enjoyable read!
Jen
Rating: 2.5/5

Pretty smexy stuff, discounting the hero's level of douchebaggery in the first half, which mysteriously mellowed to (melo-)(over-)dramatic levels by the end. So the hero makes no sense, so what?
sbf20112011
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars -- a great read. I liked the set-up and how the hero slowly came to see the heroine in a different light. It lacked a little oomph or something toward the end, which is why I knocked off half a star. But I still enjoyed it and was happy for the ending.
Beth
May 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Good first book. Will definitely look for her next one.
Could have done without the drug search scene. Really crossed a "ick" line for me.
Liked Lily a lot.
StMargarets
RomLibrary
She is staying with him because of his sisters wedding Sister is her BFF. He thinks she is loose woman but she is a V. Getting falsely arrested feels like a scene from a bad movie for rising star Lily Wild – especially when she discovers the conditions of her release: round-the-clock surveillance by world-class lawyer Tristan Garrett. Ignoring her attraction to the sinfully sexy man who crushed her youthful heart is getting harder by the minute! Lily belongs to Tristan now, and when he says jump ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Another fun, sexy HP read. The hero was bold. The heroine sassy. The supporting characters were-who cares?? His sister got on my nerves, actually. But that's just me.
Nikki
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
This story wasn't bad but whew the hero takes way too long to catch on. And you can't blame him, things looks bad but jeez man calm down! If he was less intense it would have been romantic. I think the heroine had so much depth and he just sucked the life from her sometimes. He couldn't acknowledge his prejudice until the truth smacked him in the face on AND he talked about her behind her back and was a jerkwad. Eh, but still a fun read, I admit.
Pragya Khare
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Rebeccastump
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it
Vanessa
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amber
The were two things that brought this story up from a one star (because most of it just PISSED me OFF). One was the very end, the confession scene. I liked it. Too bad he was such a douchebag for the rest of the story. I know a lot of women like that kind of hero, the protective douchebag who lets his prejudices blind him, but I just wanted to kick him in the balls. Repeatedly. If you like that kind of alpha guy, you'll like this story. If you're like me you'll enjoy fantasizing about beating ...more
Xai Xai
This is my first book written by the author, I loved it! The hero was all alpha and brilliant. He made his mistakes and corrected them. He figured out his own misunderstandings and apologised which is certainly new! The h was strong, resilient to insults and character defamation but she was sweet,innocent and vulnerable. She was the 'to love only once' type of girl. She waited her whole life for him and probably would if he rejected her. I adored the way she camouflaged her pain when he spoke ...more
Summerita Rhayne
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Crackling chemistry, sparkling dialogue and a well executed conflict. There's a lot to like in this book. The actor heroine and aristocratic lawyer hero who are connected through his sister being her friend, provide a refreshing change from the usual business tycoons and self made business women now usually found in Hqns.
Mlleelizabeth
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Fiza
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it
quite liked the story!!
ofcourse a virgin heroine and the childhood lovestory is not new but the plot was a bit different. the characters were portrayed well except for the hero of the story who was quite difficult to figure out.
i hate such stories where the lead character is not known to the reader but yet the story had an edge. did complete it in a day, so strongly recommended!
Ana
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
i liked it very much. love when hero assume that heroine is a bad person when she isn't...but i would prefer if he crawled to her a little bit more :)

• Billionaire Without a Past (Irresistible Russian Tycoons #3)
  • The Price of His Redemption (Irresistible Russian Tycoons #1)
  • Return of the Untamed Billionaire (Irresistible Russian Tycoons #4)
  • The Cost of the Forbidden (Irresistible Russian Tycoons #2)
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • Sale Or Return Bride
  • Pure Princess, Bartered Bride
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • The Greek's Virgin Bride
  • Penniless Virgin to Sicilian's Bride
  • The Heiress Bride (Sister Brides, #3)
  • Bride in a Gilded Cage (Rafael and Rico, #1)
  • Comparative Strangers
  • A Vow of Obligation (Marriage by Command #3)
  • A Deal at the Altar (Marriage by Command #2)
  • Roccanti's Marriage Revenge (Marriage by Command #1)
  • Blackmailed into Marriage
After graduating from the University of Melbourne, Michelle Conder took a variety of jobs before packing her bags and traveling and working overseas. When none of the career opportunities she encountered grabbed her she returned to Australia and after more study decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming a writer.

Michelle now lives in Melbourne with her husband and three children and when
“I didn't hear you complaining last night.'
'That's because I wasn't,' she argued.
'Then what's the problem?' he asked aggressively.
'There is no problem. We had a good time and now it's over.'
'Just like that?'