Start by marking “Back in the Soldier's Arms” as Want to Read:
Back in the Soldier's Arms

Back in the Soldier's Arms (Heroes Come Home #3)

3.21  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
To the outside world, Daniel and Penny Cartwright have it all—a lovely home, a beautiful daughter, successful military careers and a rock-solid marriage. But when Daniel makes a reckless mistake, the foundations of their marriage are shaken. Now he's got to act fast to keep hold of his precious wife.

Daniel launches a campaign to win Penny back: he has just a week to do wha
Published March 6th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Back in the Soldier's Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back in the Soldier's Arms

Booklover
Great Read,Danny-Penny both loved each other deeply but cause of spending more time apart(cause of their postings) and lack of communication led their marriage on rocky patch-the final straw being Danny's infidelity.Danny himself regretted it and was disgusted and hated himself for the way he hurt Penny.The fact that Danny came clean about it,never lied to Penny,knew that he has hurt Penny really bad but he wanted to work on his marriage,get that love and happiness back.Penny she was a real stro ...more
Tia
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I would not be able to do it. I couldn't forgive my husband if he cheated on me while I was off in war. He was a selfish bastard and she forgave him. Maybe that makes me a little bit evil and bitter but personally I would of chopped off his dick.
Lily Rose
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
The story is well written and the hero grovels a lot and I love to see a man in tears (and here it happens more than once) but, there's one, I can't think it's realistic to get over his betrayal in just one week even if there's still love between them and above all since she's soon leaving again at the end of her week leave.
If a week was all they nedeed to solve the issues that led to his cheating they could have done the talking the week before her previuos leave. The story is good but a week i
Fiona Marsden
Apr 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: I couldn't recommend it because of the subject matter
Recommended to Fiona by: Saw reviews online
This was a book I never intended to read. The reasons why I give in my blog.

Soraya Lane writes well on a sensitive subject and I found the hero and heroine engaging even though the hero was a low beta with the looks of an alpha and I couldn't quite believe Penny as a sargeant in the army. If the subject matter was anything different I'd say it was a nice sweet book with pretty good writing and well constructed. For that I gave it the three stars. But I cou
Susan
This was a different kind of story. I really wasn't sure at first if I was going to like it. I was firmly on Penny's side -- I don't know that I would forgive him either. But the more I read of the book, the more I came to believe that their marriage could be saved. They obviously did love each other and their daughter. I could see that Daniel deeply regretted what he had done and would do anything to save them. I could also see and understand Penny's reluctance to trust him. I liked the way the ...more
Rebecca
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just a warning - this features a hero who cheated on his wife. I felt that this book did a great job of touching on difficult topics - soldiers returning home and infidelity. I'd give it a higher rating, but I find it really hard to believe that a couple could resolve their issues in a week after the husband has a one night stand. Otherwise an excellent read.
Matthew Morgan
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read
A beautiful warm story that tugs on your heart strings from the very beginning. It's not the kind of book that I would normally read but once I started reading I just couldn't stop.

Daniel and Penny are in the middle of a crisis and their young daughter is the only thing keeping them together. To make matters worse, Penny is only on leave from the military from 7 days. Can Daniel make things right and regain her trust in such a short amount of time?

The story tackles a well known problem in alot o
Lynn
I liked the heroine, but found the hero whiny.... and almost jealous that his wife was called back up and forced to serve and he felt sorry for himself for being left behind and I think he purposely screwed around to show how upset he was but during this self pity thing realized how immature and pathetic it made him. He groveled somewhat, but still made it as it was a problem "they" had...no you arrogant fool...she was serving overseas and I imagine with guys hotter than you everyday and night a ...more
thao vi
Sep 18, 2015 rated it did not like it

This story is about an ex navy husband who cheats on his wife whilst she's away on duty because his ego doesn't let him adjust to becoming a suburban dad. He misses the thrill of the navy and resents his wife being on tour (because he wants to be on tour with his buddies).

Weak. Weak husband, weak excuse for cheating. Weak.
Leah Braemel
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Leah by: Wendy the Super Librarian
Shelves: keeper, ebook, kindle
I bought this after reading the review over on The Misadventures of Super Librarian (Super Wendy to most folks). So glad I did -- the subject matter is touchy. It's not an insta-fall-in-love story. The couple is already married and have a four year old daughter. They were both in the military, but they decided they'd both leave at the end of their terms. Except the heroine has been "stop-lossed" which means that even though she's served her term, the army won't let her out and she's forced to st ...more
Nas Dean
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
BACK IN THE SOLDIER’S ARMS by author Soraya Lane is a February 2012 release from Mills & Boon Cherish and March 2012 Harlequin Romance.

Penny Cartwright comes home on a short visit after serving in the US Army to a husband who cheated on her. Can she forget and forgive him? After all she loved her husband, Daniel and there’s been no other man for her.

Daniel wants to hold onto his beautiful wife because he loved her as well. Can he really make her fall in love with him all over again? Was his
Kai
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Back in the Soldier's Arms is heartwarming. After Daniel has made one unforgivable mistake, he knew that he will need to regain Penny's trust. Both are in the armed services but Daniel has finished his terms. Like most military man, he had to adopted to civilian life but not able to figure out how. Feeling alone and getting stupidly drunk, he has one night of indiscretion which he told Penny about. Penny's term was extended. She couldn't leave until she finished serving her military term. Both h ...more
diana marcela Ballestas
Gran libro, gran historia, muestra la dificil situal del soldado fuera de su patria y el drama de su pareja mientras espera su regreso, ademas el profundo sentimiento de desarraigo del soldado profesional que decide dejar las filas y volver a la vida civil y siente que ha perdido su identidad. Narra tambien las dificultades de una pareja para recuperar su matrimonio después que se ha roto la confianza a causa de una traicion.
Es en definitiva una historia muy profunda y es facil identificarse con
PWRL
May 20, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Karrie
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I wanted a little more explanation on what happened but i was happy that they resolved the problems.
The Romance Evangelist
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book showed that adultery can be properly addressed in a genuine romance without ruining what makes a story a romance in the first place. It's a step above the average category length book.
Monserrat Maxfield Markov
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: estantería
Un libro sobre las segundas oportunidades, corto, pero bueno.
Jessa
Every once in awhile I get that itch to read about cheater mccheatersons. My number one requirement is a proper grovel, and this fulfilled that.
Dvcbunny
Apr 20, 2017
Anita
Jun 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Claiming Colleen (Home to Harbor Town, #3)
  • Sheltered in His Arms
  • His Marriage to Remember (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #1)
  • Blue Moon
  • Christmas at Bravo Ridge (Bravo Family, #26; Bravo Family Ties Miniseries, #9)
  • More Than One Night
  • One Fine Day (Molly, #2)
  • Unexpected Family
  • To Honor (R&R, #1)
  • Jack's Baby
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • The Paternity Proposition (Dalton Twins, #1) / The Sheikh's Virgin (Desert Rogues)
  • A Heartless Marriage
  • The Blackmail Pregnancy (Modern Romance)
  • Maggie's Dad (Bighorn, Wyoming #1)
  • Runaway Wife
  • The Society Wife
  • Hired by Her Husband
#1 Kindle Bestselling Author of Wives of War. Purchase your copy here! https://www.amazon.com/Wives-War-Sora...

As a child, Soraya dreamed of becoming an author. Fast forward more than a few years, and Soraya is now living her dream! Soraya describes being an author as "the best career in the world", and she hopes to be writing romance for many years to come.

Soraya loves spending her days thinking
More about Soraya Lane...

Heroes Come Home (5 books)
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • The Army Ranger's Return (Romance)
  • The Navy SEAL's Bride
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (The Larkville Legacy #7)

“She’ll still be a happy, loved” 0 likes