Start by marking “Hunting Season” as Want to Read:
Hunting Season

Hunting Season

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  189 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Now available as an eBook, Hunting Season tells the story of Christian Villiers, the Marquis of Grayston, who returns to England determined to ruin the man responsible for his beloved sister's suicide. Seducing the cad's intended, Lady Elise Middleton, would be a bonus. But during an elaborate house party, Christian realizes he has met his match in the Þery and passionate ...more
Published February 7th 2012 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Hunting Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting Season

MRB
Oct 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm not one to complain that a novella or short story is "too short." After all, limited length is what one expects from those formats, and I'm a big believer that 'trimming the literary fat' can make for a more engaging, tightly plotted and smoothly paced read. Restless readers like I am are far less likely to tire of a well-written, imagination-stimulating novella than those unnecessarily bloated 400+ page, "ugh, this AGAIN? We GET it already!" novels.

The thing is, this story felt like it was
Dangermousie
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novella by the always-dependable Carlyle manages to pack full servings revenge and romance in half the normal length. Our hero seeks revenge for his younger sister, who was seduced by a fortune hunter and killed herself. This is how his path cross with a lovely, common-sense young widow who is the fortune hunter's next target. It takes place over a relatively short span and in pretty much one setting (a house party) but, as with Duran's novella, there is nothing I'd improve except for wishi ...more
Adrya Ribeiro
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
2,5
Estava gostando, mesmo com o insta-love (acho que é meio requisito para o romance histórico, geralmente tem), mas depois não parecia tanto "amor", mas sim luxúria. E perto do final, foi uma confusão de pensamentos que me deixou um pouco sem saco para o draminha.
Não foi ruim, dei algumas risadas, mas deixou a desejar no final.
Elissa
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
This originally was found in the anthology Tea for Two, so if you have already read that, no need to get this. I realize that authors need to get paid, but I'm usually irritated when purchasing what seems to be a new short story only to find out I already own it in the original anthology.
Jacqui
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved every minute of the book if only there were more. The book deserves to be longer than a short story and Christian and Elise really do make a great couple!
Shannon Donnelly
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A terrific novella -- everything you want/expect in a longer romance (great dialogue, sharp characters, plenty of conflict), and all done up with style.
Barbara
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice little novella with good writing and a good story. Christian is one those rakish heroes---healed/changed by a good woman. Elise was lonely and needed the jolt he could give her live.
♡Karlyn P♡
Dec 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 04, 2016 04:45PM
  • Tea for Two
  • The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1; Company of Rogues, #6)
  • Rules to Catch a Devilish Duke (Scandalous Brides, #3)
  • Scarlet Angel
  • His Wicked Revenge (Short Story)
  • The Marigold Chain
  • The Duchess Diaries (Boscastle #12; The Bridal Pleasures, #3)
  • Catriona
  • Blame It on Bath (The Truth About the Duke, #2)
  • Kiss the Bride: There Goes the Bride/Once Smitten Twice Shy
  • Lady Defiant (European Renaissance Duo, #2; Ladies, #3)
  • The Surrender of Miss Fairbourne (Fairbourne Quartet, #1)
  • Passion Wears Pearls (Jaded Gentleman, #4)
  • One True Love
  • The Wedding Affair
  • At the Going Down of the Sun (Sheridans, #1)
  • The Second Seduction of a Lady (The Wild Quartet, #0.5)
  • The Secret Swan
21944
Dear Readers,

The awful truth about novelists is that we are mostly dull, introverted homebodies who only write in order to live our fantasies vicariously. I came to writing rather late in life, and I’m still amazed I can get paid for doing something I love, and that I get to stay home while I do it.

My favorite comedian Steve Martin once said, "I believe entertainment can aspire to be art, and ca
More about Liz Carlyle...