Start by marking “Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)” as Want to Read:
Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)

Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities #3)

4.67  ·  Rating details ·  6,273 Ratings  ·  560 Reviews
Sophie Foster is ready to fight back.

But a daring mistake leaves her world teetering on the edge of war, and causes many to fear that she has finally gone too far. And the deeper Sophie searches, the
Published November 4th 2014 by Aladdin (first published August 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Everblaze, please sign up.
Cassandra
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Shannon Messenger
Jan 02, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: read-in-2013
Since we all know I'm a fan of my own books, I thought I'd use this space to answer a few of questions I keep hearing:

- Yes--this book AWESOME. I might be biased of course, but I really think you're going to love it. ;)

- The boy on this cover is Fitz (!!!!) (and in case you didn't know, Dex is on the cover of book 1 and Keefe is on the cover of book 2)

- EVERBLAZE is NOT the end of the series. Book 4 (still untitled) will be coming out Fall 2015. And I'm not sure if book 4 will be the end yet--I'
☘Misericordia☘  ✺❂❤❣
How do you get rid of a glittering city? - You burn it!
With regular fire? - Nope, that would be too lame and plain ordinary. You do it with Everblaze!
Or a lovely, lively fantasy for kids!
SPOILER ALERT! It's a good thing I'm a sucker for all things epic. Even though I'm a tad sorry about Eternalia going to waste.

And the ending? It's pure mallowmelt and lushberry!

This misprint needs to be corrected, I think: Q: And when she focused what little energy she had left, the sound morphed into a strin
Gillian Berry
I cannot tell you WHY I am so invested in this series (I kind of hate the term guilty pleasure, but it kind of definitely applies to my middle grade break with sanity) or why I am so completely and totally Team Keefe but TEAM KEEFE

Seriously. Team Keefe.

I WILL CRY VERY SANE AND VERY ADULT TEARS IF MY SHIP DOES NOT SAIL
Cassidy
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A TITLE.

NOW I CAN'T WANT FOR THE COVER.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

description

AH AND NOW THERE'S A COVER. A BEAUTIFUL COVER. A PERFECT COVER. ALL HAIL SHANNON MESSENGERS BOOK COVERS.

Video Review Link posted soon!!! It was fantastic!
Danny Phanton
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
¡Muchísimo mejor que el primero y que el segundo! Este libro me encanto desde el comienzo, en todo momento pasaban cosas y descubrimos muchas cosas, me dejo con cara de sorpresa muchas veces por lo que pasaba y todo se vuelve cada vez más difícil, la verdad es que ame este libro desde la primera página hasta la última.

Estaba perdiendo un poco la esperanza en la saga ya que el segundo no fue de lo mejor, pero ahora veo que se pone mejor. (view spoiler)
Lula McCuela
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OH GOSH THIS BOOK! Wow wow wow wow! Sophie is BAAAAACK with the whole gang! The plot was AMAZING, and the characters are sooo über wonderful! Keefe, Fitz, Dex, and Biana are such great friends, and characters. Parts of this book made me cry. I won't specify them, but you will suffer a blow to the feels!
Anne Pauline
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Malgré un très léger ventre mou au début du tome, je suis toujours autant émerveillée par les mystères, l’action et l’univers des Gardiens des Cités Perdus.

Riche en révélations et en retournement de situations, ce tome nous projette dans un complot bien plus noir et complexe. Tous les personnages restent fidèles à eux même, mûrissant toutefois grâce aux épreuves qu’ils affrontent.

Vivement la suite !
Evie Heffner
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay I know this is going to be a little over the top but... : SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... okay I'm done (no I'm not) SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... okay NOW I'm done.
Good now that I've gotten that out of the way, let me just say that since Fitz is HUGGING Sophie (even if they are falling out of a building) I am Sooooo going to read that book. I have already read the first one almost four or five times and I got the second one for Christmas and after I finish reading number one again I am moving o
Thalia Grace
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG this books was so amazing. Sophie and Keefe, ugh, I ship them so hard.

Also the plot twist and turns were so unsuspecting. KOTLC is definitely one of my favorites.

I can't wait for Neverseen and especially when I get to meet Shannon Messenger in a couple weeks for the release of the next book. I am so excited for it!!

Who are Sophie's parents? Who will she fall in love with?

The feels consumed me I was literally lying on the floor for at least five minutes with the book on my head muttering
Niki
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
NEED THE 4TH BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ashley
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
All I can say is...wow. This book took me on a huge roller-coaster ride that I wasn't prepared for at all, and wasn't expecting. Really, at all. I don't even know where to begin.
description
So I wasn't planning on kinda wasting my day through the continual reading of this, but I did. Aaaand soooo. Let the review begin.

I have to admit, there was a lot of character development in this book. And the whole square (not triangle) kinda romance was in the background, but not prominent like I would have liked it to
Christina Anastasia Stavridi
After almost a year of waiting I finally got to read the third book in the keeper of the lost cities series (which, turns out, its not a trilogy so this is no the end keeper fans). We’re sucked into the story from page one and unlike the previous books it lead somewhere. Don’t get me wrong I liked 1 & 2( I am a keeper fan), but while all the journey is important in the end it didn’t lead somewhere.

I do believe Everblaze was different from 1 & 2, things start to get more serious and dange
Matilda
Stop what you are doing- now

Go read this series. Ok, that’s all I want. It’s one of the series that I stare at how many Goodreads rating it gets and cry slightly. The ratings are high- because this book and previous two are amazing but like no one has read it.

For me to sum this up for you: It’s like reading harry potter again and Percy Jackson, that feeling for the first time when you start reading it and fall into that world with the characters and the world building. That is what it is like
Umm.Itz.Jewel
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing!!!!it was sad when they killed the councillor!:( nothing wrong with the book what so ever!!! I NEED MORE MORE MORE IM A BOOK MONSTER LIKE THE COOKIE MONSTER BUT A BOOK MONSTER AND NO I DO NOT EAT BOOKS!!
:D
carolina ☾
This book was so good. I'm scared, WHY ISN' FITZ IN THE COVER OF THE FOURTH BOOK? WHY??
Lydia
I will put five stars even before it has come out because I know Shannon will prevail! :3 **chews nails***
Melina
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love these books!! I am TEAM FOSTER-KEEFE all the way!!!
malayna
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars
THERE WAS A MISTAKE IN MY PREVIOUS REVIEW***

MY OPINION: *****

I sincerely love this series, no matter how middle-grade it is.

WHAT this book only has 470 reviews?? We need to advertise this book a LOT! It's seriously amazing and something every kid should read sometime in their lifetime.

It's not that it's deep or personal or has a really strong message. It's just a really good book with lots of plot twists, adventure, friendship, and growing up.

ANYWAYS, on with the review!

SO I have read this book
مريم
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I waited so long for Everblaze to come out.. Now I need to wait another year, well, almost, for the next one.. And I hope that the next one won’t be the last!

The good thing about being a very slow reader (because I don’t like that about myself) is that I get to spend more time with my favorite book.. Seriously, I read half the day and can hardly finish 100 pages.. I know.. I’m VERY slow. But I really enjoyed the time I spent reading it!

I don't really know how many times I stopped reading and sai
Kate Willis
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Wow! Just the title and the cover alone are exciting! More mystery in this one with some cleverly hidden clues, an irritatingly closed-mouthed spectral mirror, and (view spoiler). I liked Fitz even more in this one, although Master Leto is quickly moving up in the ranks of my favorite adult side characters. (view spoiler) Biana was so much fun in this one, but I felt sorr ...more
Abby ~Sign Please~
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
By far, the best kotlc book in the series. I need to read the fourth book NOW!!!!!!!
Xylia
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Everblaze
Keeper of the Lost Cities #3

“Never underestimate the power of a small change.”

Time for a re-read, and it was much nicer this time!

Sophie Foster is ready to fight back. Her talents are getting stronger, and with the elusive Black Swan group ignoring her calls for help, she’s determined to find her kidnappers—before they come after her again. But a daring mistake leaves her world teetering on the edge of war, and causes many to fear that she has finally gone too far. And the deeper Soph
Angie
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMYGOSHOMYGOSHOMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading Exile I was dying for MORE, and now right before my eyes the title and cover!!!! O MY GOD THAT COVER ITS PERFECT!!!! GORGEOUS! STUPENDOUS! BEAUTIFUL! I CAN'T DESCRIBE THIS FEELING!!!

And omygosh is that Fitz?!?!?!?!?!?! He's even better looking than I imagined! LOOK AT THOSE EYES! THOSE GORGEOUS TEAL EYES!!!!! And……his arms are around Sophie….YES!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT!!!!even though they are falling off a tower/buidling… BUT OH
Brooke
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, own, 5stars, favorites
Book: Keeper of the Lost Cities #3: Everblaze

Author: Shannon Messenger

Rating: FIVE stars (out of five)

Review: First of all, let me say that it is VERY difficult for a book to get a five star rating from me, so it's amazing that this one did. But it totally deserved it.
I don't know how I could possibly wait for the next one.
Anyway, one thing has especially been on my mind since I finished the book: Fitz, Keefe, and Dex. I've been rooting for Dex since the first book, but Shannon did such a gre
Briana Fatovic
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Oh. My. GOODNESS! I forgot how as an older reader, you can still thoroughly enjoy middle grade. When I bought book one, I looked back on it and thought “why did I buy this?” It explained the story of Sophie meets Fitz, a fellow telepath, and is introduced to this fantastic world (where, of course, she has secret enemies). Personally, the premise didn’t interest me that much. But still, I loved the cover art and the book was $7, so I bought it. Then I read it, and it was AMAZING. Instead of se
Alana
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Maybe u dont like fan girling so I'll stick to the basics. I think the cover alone told a story, congrats the illistrator by the way! So, here's my review. Amazing book! LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!!!! but I'm gonna get to the point, I was so unhappy when I finished, maybe not for the reason u think. It was the worst ( or best depending how u think ) cliffhanger ever. And now it will probably feel like a million years when the next one comes out, though it's less than a year away. So YEAHHHH I ...more
Alexa
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
As far as Middle Grade series go, this one is at the top of my favourites list, but it's not without it's flaws. These books are very large - around 600 pages - Sophie is the BIGGEST case of special snowflake who can do anything I've ever seen - and there are so many characters it can be very hard to keep them all straight if you don't read these books back-to-back.

But, I do love this series. Fitz is probably my favourite character and I can't wait to see how Sophie and the gang are going to sol
Sathurja
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing and it revieled many new things about the series. Sophie finds out new information about the rebels, the group she is helping and even her friends. Her adventure seems to never stop. I would definatrly recommend this book to anyone!
Marie-Dominique
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Toujours aussi bien !!
Ouais c’est un peu léger comme critique mais il se passe tellement de trucs !!! Enfin des révélations. Hâte de voir la suite.
mills♥
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bleh
not as good as the previous two, nothing really happened until the end.
OH MY GOSH! PLEASE TELL ME THAT THE ABILITY RESTRICTOR GETS TAKEN OFF!!! 3 5 Jul 01, 2018 05:24PM
which team (keefe, dex, fitz etc.) 101 126 Jul 01, 2018 05:22PM
The Keefe Fandom : okay so this is awkward….. 44 77 Oct 17, 2017 06:44PM
Last one to post wins! 1 7 May 06, 2016 01:33PM
Guess the lovebirds????? 2 23 Sep 13, 2015 01:32PM
guys..... 12 45 Apr 26, 2014 08:39PM
Plot Topic(s) 6 28 Apr 22, 2014 07:45PM
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • Island of Legends (Unwanteds, #4)
  • Moonkind (Winterling, #3)
  • The Jewel of the Kalderash (The Kronos Chronicles, #3)
  • Of Sorcery and Snow (The Ever Afters #3)
  • City of Lies (The Keepers, #2)
  • Corrie ten Boom (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Holy Bible: NIV Teen Study Bible, Revised (New International Version)
  • Sparkers
  • Kiss and Spell (Ever After High: A School Story, #2)
  • Sleepover Stakeout (Sleuth or Dare #2)
  • The Princess of Trelian (Trelian, #2)
  • Hook's Revenge (Hook's Revenge, #1)
  • Swept Up by the Sea: A Romantic Fairy Tale
  • Fork-Tongue Charmers (The Luck Uglies, #2)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus Wars, #3)
  • The Buttersmiths' Gold (Evertaster, #2)
  • Nightborn (Thrones & Bones, #2)
Hi! I'm the NYT and USA today bestselling author of the KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES series and the SKY FALL series! And yes, I DO accept friend requests here--BUT! Please note: I *never* check my private messages here, so if you send me one, you won't get a reply. My real contact information is on my website: shannonmessenger.com
More about Shannon Messenger

Keeper of the Lost Cities (9 books)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • Neverseen (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #4)
  • Lodestar (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #5)
  • Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)
  • Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities #7)
  • Untitled (Keeper of Lost Cities, #8)
  • Untitled (Keeper of Lost Cities, #9)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Third Kingdom (Sword of Truth Book 13)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Severed Souls (Sword of Truth)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Phantom (Sword of Truth, #10)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The First Confessor: The Legend of Magda Searus (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Confessor (Sword of Truth, #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth, #6)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Naked Empire (Sword of Truth, #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Debt of Bones (Sword of Truth)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Warheart: Sword of Truth - The Conclusion (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Omen Machine (Richard and Kahlan, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chainfire (Sword of Truth, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“And I'm the only one with a plan," Fitz reminded them.
"Hey- I've got plans," Keefe argued.
"Plans that don't involve tormenting Dame Alina," Fitz clarified.
"But those are always the best plans!”
103 likes
“Because our family doesn't decide who we are. WE decide who we are. Believe me, it drives my parents crazy. And sometimes, that's the only thought that gets me through the day.” 82 likes