Start by marking “Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)” as Want to Read:
Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)

Everblaze

(Keeper of the Lost Cities #3)

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  14,662 ratings  ·  1,107 reviews
A New York Times bestselling series
A USA TODAY bestselling series
A California Young Reader Medal–winning series

Sophie uncovers shocking secrets—and faces treacherous new enemies—in this electrifying third book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series.

Sophie Foster is ready to fight back.

Her talents are getting stronger, and with the elusive Black Swan group ignoring her cal
Published November 4th 2014 by Aladdin (first published August 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Everblaze, please sign up.
Cassandra
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  14,662 ratings  ·  1,107 reviews

Start your review of Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)
Shannon Messenger
Jan 02, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: read-in-2013
Since we all know I'm a fan of my own books, I thought I'd use this space to answer a few of questions I keep hearing:

- Yes--this book AWESOME. I might be biased of course, but I really think you're going to love it. ;)

- The boy on this cover is Fitz (!!!!) (and in case you didn't know, Dex is on the cover of book 1 and Keefe is on the cover of book 2)

- EVERBLAZE is NOT the end of the series. Book 4 (still untitled) will be coming out Fall 2015. And I'm not sure if book 4 will be the end yet--I'
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
How do you get rid of a glittering city? - You burn it!
With regular fire? - Nope, that would be too lame and plain ordinary. You do it with Everblaze!
Or a lovely, lively fantasy for kids!
SPOILER ALERT! It's a good thing I'm a sucker for all things epic. Even though I'm a tad sorry about Eternalia going to waste.

And the ending? It's pure mallowmelt and lushberry!

This misprint needs to be corrected, I think: Q: And when she focused what little energy she had left, the sound morphed into a strin
Gillian Berry
I cannot tell you WHY I am so invested in this series (I kind of hate the term guilty pleasure, but it kind of definitely applies to my middle grade break with sanity) or why I am so completely and totally Team Keefe but TEAM KEEFE

Seriously. Team Keefe.

I WILL CRY VERY SANE AND VERY ADULT TEARS IF MY SHIP DOES NOT SAIL
Cassidy
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A TITLE.

NOW I CAN'T WANT FOR THE COVER.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

description

AH AND NOW THERE'S A COVER. A BEAUTIFUL COVER. A PERFECT COVER. ALL HAIL SHANNON MESSENGERS BOOK COVERS.

Video Review Link posted soon!!! It was fantastic!
Rue
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Psychics Assemble?😂

tumblr-m5wly4-Ina61ryd4uqo1-250

Buddy read with Tappkalina.
love, tappkalina
4.75 ✰

“Right. Because our family doesn’t decide who we are. We decide who we are. Believe me, it drives my parents crazy. And sometimes that’s the only thought that gets me through the day.”

Also, we need more found families. I literally live for them.
She pulled them close, needing to do this right.
“I love you, Mom,” she whispered. “I love you, Dad.”
“We love you too,” they both told her, their voices dissolving into sobs.

Buddy read with Rue.
Thalia Grace
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG this books was so amazing. Sophie and Keefe, ugh, I ship them so hard.

Also the plot twist and turns were so unsuspecting. KOTLC is definitely one of my favorites.

I can't wait for Neverseen and especially when I get to meet Shannon Messenger in a couple weeks for the release of the next book. I am so excited for it!!

Who are Sophie's parents? Who will she fall in love with?

The feels consumed me I was literally lying on the floor for at least five minutes with the book on my head muttering
Maggie

Didn't like this one as much as the first two. Still, I want to know what will happen next.
Melina
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love these books!! I am TEAM FOSTER-KEEFE all the way!!!
Faith M:)
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVEEE THIS SERIES!!!!! This has quickly become my favorite book series EVER!!!

Here are the stats:

Romance- Clean! Crushes- but that’s it:)

Violence / Content- Definitely some in this area. Several fight scenes, near-death experiences, betrayals of close friends, death of a main character, etc.

*Cautious readers beware: One fight scene is more descriptive than others. Two people are very angry in a fight. One character burns the others hand off. They are both trying to kill each other. Neithe
Lula McCuela
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OH GOSH THIS BOOK! Wow wow wow wow! Sophie is BAAAAACK with the whole gang! The plot was AMAZING, and the characters are sooo über wonderful! Keefe, Fitz, Dex, and Biana are such great friends, and characters. Parts of this book made me cry. I won't specify them, but you will suffer a blow to the feels!
R.F. Gammon
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes. Yep, I need the next one now, please. The stakes are getting so high...the pace is nerve-wracking...it's so good. MORE. RIGHT NOW. <3 ...more
Amy Imogene Reads
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Who gave this book permission to be so dark and tumultuous, and yet still wholesome?? Be right back, I’ll be out devouring the rest of these now. Review to come!
BrooKe
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: otp
4.7/5 | Five stars for the cover alone.

This cover. Is fucking gorgeous. It may just be my favourite of the series, perhaps my favourite in the history of book covers I’ve ever encountered. It captures such an impactful moment so immaculately in terms of meaning and beauty. The colour scheme is gorgeous, really selling the whole magical, ethereal quality of the Lost Cities—not to mention it’s somehow accentuated by the title of the book: Everblaze. Of course it also helps that a fetching Fitz and
Evie Heffner
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay I know this is going to be a little over the top but... : SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... okay I'm done (no I'm not) SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... okay NOW I'm done.
Good now that I've gotten that out of the way, let me just say that since Fitz is HUGGING Sophie (even if they are falling out of a building) I am Sooooo going to read that book. I have already read the first one almost four or five times and I got the second one for Christmas and after I finish reading number one again I am moving o
✝✝ Lunaria ✝✝✝
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SOPHIE AND FITZ
Lerizza Mae (books&teacups)
Initially, I was going to give this a 2-star rating, but after reading the last few chapters, I decided to increase it to three.

This book was a bit dreary compared to the first two books, and has the same formula. Sophie is so talented that she gets into trouble, and then cue her friends (either one or all of them) or the Black Swan to save her then she saved them after and the end - back to Havenfield (or Everglen) for recovery. Then repeat the cycle all over again.

I didn't like Sophie much in
Ashley
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
All I can say is...wow. This book took me on a huge roller-coaster ride that I wasn't prepared for at all, and wasn't expecting. Really, at all. I don't even know where to begin.
description
So I wasn't planning on kinda wasting my day through the continual reading of this, but I did. Aaaand soooo. Let the review begin.

I have to admit, there was a lot of character development in this book. And the whole square (not triangle) kinda romance was in the background, but not prominent like I would have liked it
Umm.Itz.Jewel
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars
THERE WAS A MISTAKE IN MY PREVIOUS REVIEW***

MY OPINION: *****

I sincerely love this series, no matter how middle-grade it is.

WHAT this book only has 470 reviews?? We need to advertise this book a LOT! It's seriously amazing and something every kid should read sometime in their lifetime.

It's not that it's deep or personal or has a really strong message. It's just a really good book with lots of plot twists, adventure, friendship, and growing up.

ANYWAYS, on with the review!

SO I have read this book
Christina Anastasia Stavridi
After almost a year of waiting I finally got to read the third book in the keeper of the lost cities series (which, turns out, its not a trilogy so this is no the end keeper fans). We’re sucked into the story from page one and unlike the previous books it lead somewhere. Don’t get me wrong I liked 1 & 2( I am a keeper fan), but while all the journey is important in the end it didn’t lead somewhere.

I do believe Everblaze was different from 1 & 2, things start to get more serious and dangerous and
Maddie
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3?

I know I’m not this series’s target demographic. But I still think this series has issues that would have bothered me even when I was in the target demo. Specifically: (1) the characters not spending a ton of time at Foxfire, (2) the characters/factions not having motivations that make sense and several of the characters changing drastically between books without much explanation, (3) the way science is used, and (4) the number of characters and their development (or lack thereof). I also don'
Matilda
Stop what you are doing- now

Go read this series. Ok, that’s all I want. It’s one of the series that I stare at how many Goodreads rating it gets and cry slightly. The ratings are high- because this book and previous two are amazing but like no one has read it.

For me to sum this up for you: It’s like reading harry potter again and Percy Jackson, that feeling for the first time when you start reading it and fall into that world with the characters and the world building. That is what it is like
Beth
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

This, is by far my favourite of the series so far! It was jam packed and there were lots of little clues along the way!

Some things I enjoyed:
- Sandor and Keefe are still my favourite characters
- The building of relationships; friendships and between Grady and Edaline
- Unraveling many secrets
- Dex finally embracing things
- I actually started to like Sophie a little bit more
- I was right about a person in the rebel camp (I was smug okay)
- Sandor and Keefe forever :')
Niki
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
NEED THE 4TH BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
carolina ☾
This book was so good. I'm scared, WHY ISN' FITZ IN THE COVER OF THE FOURTH BOOK? WHY??
Abby ~Sign Please~
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
By far, the best kotlc book in the series. I need to read the fourth book NOW!!!!!!!
mina
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bleh
5-11-18

not as good as the previous two, nothing really happened until the end.

10-26-18

LITERALLY, HOW DID I THINK THAT THIS WAS BORING?
Liz F.
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
Okay, wow. I really loved this book!! I had mixed feeling about the past two... I felt like they were super full of drama, but this one was really good.
4.5 stars! :D
which team (keefe, dex, fitz etc.) 134 164 Mar 01, 2020 03:51PM
The Keefe Fandom : okay so this is awkward….. 46 95 Dec 29, 2018 05:42PM
OH MY GOSH! PLEASE TELL ME THAT THE ABILITY RESTRICTOR GETS TAKEN OFF!!! 4 10 Aug 20, 2018 08:17AM
Last one to post wins! 1 7 May 06, 2016 01:33PM
Guess the lovebirds????? 2 23 Sep 13, 2015 01:32PM
guys..... 12 45 Apr 26, 2014 08:39PM
Plot Topic(s) 6 29 Apr 22, 2014 07:45PM

• The Unwanteds (Unwanteds, #1)
  • Island of Fire  (Unwanteds, #3)
  • Island of Silence (Unwanteds, #2)
  • Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)
  • The Land of Stories Collection 4 Book Set (The Land of Stories, #1-4)
  • Island of Legends (Unwanteds, #4)
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories, #5)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)
  • A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
  • Story Thieves (Story Thieves #1)
  • The Half Upon a Time Trilogy: Half Upon a Time; Twice Upon a Time; Once Upon the End
  • Island of Graves (Unwanteds, #6)
  • Island of Dragons (Unwanteds, #7)
  • Island of Shipwrecks (Unwanteds, #5)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
Hi! I'm the NYT and USA today bestselling author of the KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES series and the SKY FALL series! And yes, I DO accept friend requests here--BUT! Please note: I *never* check my private messages here, so if you send me one, you won't get a reply. My real contact information is on my website: shannonmessenger.com

Keeper of the Lost Cities (9 books)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • Neverseen (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #4)
  • Lodestar (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #5)
  • Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)
  • Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #7)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Untitled (Keeper of Lost Cities, #9)