Start by marking “Captain Awesome, Soccer Star (Captain Awesome (Quality))” as Want to Read:
Captain Awesome, Soccer Star (Captain Awesome (Quality))

Captain Awesome, Soccer Star (Captain Awesome (Captain Awesome #5)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  142 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Paperback. Pub Date :2012-08-28 Pages: 113 Language: English Publisher: Little Simon It's soccer season in Sunnyview and Captain Awesome and Nacho Cheese Man are ready to play! All superheroes are spectacular at sports ... right Eugene McGillicudy and Charlie Thomas Jones can't wait to join Sunnyview's eight-year-old soccer team. These superhero pals have no doubt that the ...more
Published August 28th 2012 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Captain Awesome, Soccer Star (Captain Awesome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Awesome, Soccer Star (Captain Awesome

Steve Holden
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Where I failed in some other new chapter books intended for my kiddos, I certainly succeeded here! My class loved this book - the fifth in a series. It has an attractive cover for young kids, and they were hooked with the idea of reading about Captain Awesome. When opening it up, it's not at all intimidating - large print, but feels like a chapter book to most, with illustrations and humor. It combines a lot of positives for appealing to young readers, and I received great feedback from those wh ...more
Matthew
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun-with-spenser
Another is this fun series. My six year old loves these books.
Micah
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eugene's dad was going to bring Eugene and Charlie to soccer. Eugene was running down the stairs and he tripped. He said, "You won't trip me today, stairs of evil."

He ran to the door and opened the door. He went outside and hurried in the car. Then they went off to pick up Charlie. Charlie was also known as Nacho Cheese Man. When they got in the car, Eugene's dad put on baby music. His dad loved the baby song. Eugene and Charlie were covering their ears and they couldn't take it, so they just s
Nicola Mansfield
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Following in the same vein as previous books in this series, Eugene and Charlie fill each chapter with non-stop action making for a speedy, exciting non-stop read that tugs at what appeals to boys. Fun story with a value learned. Eugene loves soccer and joins up only to find one catastrophe after another: his dad is coach, the team is co-ed meaning Meredith is there, he can't kick the ball without fulling over, the evil WHISTLEBLOWER is the referee and he receives a yellow card when he arrives o ...more
Leto
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mehsi
Well, I am not sure if I want to continue this series. Don't get me wrong, I love characters with imagination, but this is just getting ridiculous, and I am sure isn't healthy that all kinds of normal stuff are, in the eyes of Eugene, evil villains. :|
Jim
My 5-year-old son is enjoying the Captain Awesome books. But I'm a bit disappointed in this one. There's way more of the "ew, girls have cooties" than in the other ones. And what happened to his new friend, Sally Williams, who also loves Super Dude (girls like comics, too!)?
The Brothers
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Asher (7yo) read.
Missi Hayes
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: with-timothy
This one wasn't as MI-TEE as the others.
Shazzer
Not quite as enjoyable as the previous outings, but this is still a catchy series for young readers, and one I'm sure they will continue to eat up.
Earline
Not my favorite in the series, but a solid Captain Awesome story with capes and nacho cheese galore. Always fun to read these aloud and my stepson loves them.
Jackfoley
Sep 17, 2016
Hayden B
Dec 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Journey to Juno (Galaxy Zack, #2)
  • Kiki: My Stylish Life (Lotus Lane, #1)
  • The Jelly Bean Experiment (Danny's Doodle, #1)
  • Star Wars: What Is A Wookiee? (DK Readers)
  • Let's Get Cracking! (Kung Pow Chicken #1)
  • Be Careful What You Sniff For (Magic Bone, #1)
  • Stranger Things (Looniverse, #1)
  • Lulu and the Dog from the Sea (Lulu #2)
  • Genius Mode (Big Nate)
  • March Mischief (Calendar Mysteries Series #3)
  • What If You Had Animal Teeth!?
  • Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever (Bink & Gollie, #3)
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)
  • Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Summer Vacation (Charlie Joe Jackson, #3)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Great Grandpas (Henry and Mudge, #26)
  • Lulu's Mysterious Mission
  • The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #1)
When Stan Kirby was 6-years-old, he tied a beach towel around his neck and became Super Commander Beach Boy. He tried his best to protect sand castles from the waves, keep seagulls away from his French fries, and keep the beach clean.

When Stan's not creating the awesome adventures of Captain Awesome, he loves reading comic books, eating okra, and hang-gliding (but not at the same time).
More about Stan Kirby...

Captain Awesome (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Captain Awesome to the Rescue!
  • Captain Awesome VS. Nacho Cheese Man
  • Captain Awesome and the New Kid
  • Captain Awesome Takes a Dive
  • Captain Awesome Saves the Winter Wonderland (Captain Awesome (Quality))
  • Captain Awesome and the Ultimate Spelling Bee
  • Captain Awesome vs. the Spooky, Scary House
  • Captain Awesome Gets Crushed
  • Captain Awesome and the Missing Elephants
  • Captain Awesome vs. the Evil Babysitter (Captain Awesome, #11)