Start by marking “The Emerald Cancer” as Want to Read:
The Emerald Cancer

The Emerald Cancer

3.22  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
When Siobhan Corrigan's beloved father is murdered by Protestant para-military forces in Northern Ireland, her father's right hand man takes her alter ego Sandra and installs her with an English family to live the life of an English rose. Her role, to become a sleeper in the Terrorist Surveillance Unit run by one, Michael Forsythe and report back to Drago, the head of the ...more
Published December 12th 2011 by Kindle

To ask other readers questions about The Emerald Cancer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Emerald Cancer

eNovel Reviews
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Siobhan Corrigan's father is murdered by Protestant para-military forces in Northern Ireland. She is taken and placed with a right proper English family to live the life of an English rose. Her objective is to become a deeply entrenched sleeper in the UK Terrorist Surveillance Unit. (Some spoilers if you continue reading...)

Patrick Rutherford is mourning the death of his family. His mother, sister and stepfather were all killed in a Harrods bombing. Patrick is bent on revenge, he joins the Briti
Kathleen Patel
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading 'The Emerald Cancer' and I'm still catching my breathe. This book was a thriller that keeps you guessing all the way to the end. But more importantly- for me at least- was the message that is revealed throughout the journey, becoming crystal clear at the end.

You quickly find yourself inside the heads of terrorists and the people who fight terror. Sometimes the lines become blurred and you wonder if they are all terrorists- in their own way. The main characters are involve
Jan 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
So, I find myself unusually torn when writing this review.

On the one hand, for a debut novel, the writing of The Emerald Cancer is excellent. It’s a well paced thriller and is just that – a thriller. All too often I find myself reading a thriller only to find it’s more of a detective / crime novel. The writing is unusually skilled and accomplised for a first time novel and shows a lot of promise for excellent future work from Hulme.

The other reviews for this book (on amazon.co.uk) are generally
Liz Reader
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, gritty, intense. A definite must read.
Danielle
Oct 09, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one ever
If we could give half-stars, I probably would. The book wasn't that well-written or engaging. For the majority of the book I had this haunting feeling that I'd read it before, somehow, and completely erased it from my mind because it was bad.

That's not even mentioning the unneeded incest or bestiality that adds nothing to the story and seems to be there just to shock the reader. Possibly into caring for the characters? But it doesn't work. All of the characters are PERFECT (even the incestuous
James P.
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
The Emerald Cancer is a decent book overall, I just thought that the author David Hulme, spent a lot of time getting everything set up, but them rushed through the climax. Everything builds to the ultimate showdown and then it is over in only a couple of pages, with no real explanation about why the "bad guy" is actually the bad guy. Everything gets wrapped up nice and neat and I felt let down. The writing is good though and I would probably give this 3.5 stars if that was an option.
Jack
Jan 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
Action adventure with unnecessarily detailed description of incest and bestiality, linking sex with violence and power. Poor standard of language make the writing irritating as well.
janet hamm