Start by marking “The Three Triceratops Tuff” as Want to Read:
The Three Triceratops Tuff

The Three Triceratops Tuff

This clever retelling of a tried-and-true tale has a paleontological twist!

Three Triceratops brothers by the name of Tuff are on a mission to find some grub. There’s just one thing standing in their way: a Tyrannosaurus Rex who has a very different idea of what’s for dinner! The Tuff brothers must find a way to outsmart this bossy beast, for their very lives—and a bounty
Published April 2nd 2013 by Beach Lane Books (first published April 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Three Triceratops Tuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Triceratops Tuff

Start your review of The Three Triceratops Tuff
Sam
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this take on the classic "Three Billy Goats Gruff". I've read this many times at story time sessions in the library and the kids love it!
The bright, simple illustrations are fantastic and make the book so much fun.
One for the dinosaur lovers!
Joella www.cinjoella.com
In this prehistoric rendition of the Three Billy Goats Gruff, three triceratops brothers (with the last name of “Tuff”) see some lush, green plants on the other side of the valley. They want to go and eat…but there is a big, bad tyrannosaurus rex blocking their way. The smallest brother (named Stanley) heads down first. Of course the T-Rex decides to wait for the option of a bigger meal. Then Rufus heads over and tells Rex about a bigger brother to keep from becoming a meal. Finally the oldest ...more
Laura Salas
A very funny re-telling of the Three Billy Goats Gruff with dinos as the main characters. It's herbivores vs. carnivore here, as three triceratops try to get across a valley guarded by a T. rex in order to get to lush vegetation on the other way. I love the dainty Stanley Tuff clip, clomping into the valley fearlessly. The language is great ("Then scram, squirt!" said the T. rex, thinking himself quite lucky."), and the art is kind of hysterical! And then ending, well, maybe not everyone will be ...more
Tami
A good, solid retelling of one of my favorites The Three Billy Goats Gruff. This version doesn't change anything except for transforming the goats into Triceratops and the Troll into a Tyrannosaurus Rex. If you have a child who is crazy for dinosaurs this is an excellent choice for a classic, timeless story with characters in which he or she will delight.
Samantha
A reimagined version of the tale The Three Billy Goats Gruff featuring a family of triceratops! So funny, very well done and a perfect read aloud for kids who are already familiar with the original version.

Digitally rendered illustrations have a hand-drawn look with kindly dinosaurs, even a cute T. Rex!
Nina
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is prehistorically delightful!
Sharon Lawler
Bob, Stanley, and Rufus Tuff, a Triceratops family , are hunting for some grub. Unfortunately, their path is blocked by the bad T-Rex. Good guys always win!
Bernadette
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
A favorite at our house! Marking read to get more recommendations.
Beth Wood
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, children
A delightful re-telling of the Three Billy Goats Gruff. Sure to appeal to dino fans.
Vicki
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture
A book very similar to the Three Billy goats Gruff story. I think I like this story better than the original since children can relate better with dinosaurs.
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Fun illustrations, good fairy tale variant.
Rachel
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great twist on "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" for the dinosaur crowd. The illustrations and text are fun.
Lindsay
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
dinosaurs - A nice update of 3 Billy Goats Gruff
Roben
A cute retelling of Three Billy Goats Gruff starring three triceratops and a T Rex as the Troll!
Mary
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Cute idea for a book!
Arianna
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My kids love dinosaur books, and this was a fun one to read with their interests in mind.
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Young dinosaurs fans will enjoy this retelling of The Three Billy Goats Gruff.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Great twist on The Three Billy Goats Gruff.
Rosalie
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This is a great book to read on school visits for the Dig into Reading Summer Reading Program theme. I'm sure that the younger kids will love it.
Kendra
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Once upon a time, 68 million years ago... BAHAHAHA!
Maybe I'm just easily amused, but this was great fun.
Jennybeast
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute images, great re-imagining of the Billy Goats Gruff story, and a simple storytelling style that would work well for storytimes.
Elisabeth
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Three Billy Goats Gruff with dinos. Glad to have something new to read for dinosaur storytime!
Leigh
Love this one! Amusing twist on the classic three billy goats gruff story.
Sara
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute dinosaur retelling of the Three Billygoats Gruff. Art was good, story was good. :)
Kelly
Nice rendition of the Three Billygoats Gruff...I think (if I'm remembering right).
honeybean
This is such a cute retelling! :) I will be basing my story for class off this book.
Barbara
In this prehistoric version of The Billy Goats Gruff, three triceratops brothers with the family surname Tuff set off to find something to eat. Unfortunately, a T-Rex stands in their way. Stanley and Rufus use their smarts to persuade the dinosaur to let them pass since they promise their brother will provide a much larger meal. But Bob, the biggest brother, doesn't have to use his brains to foil the T-Rex. He simply mows him over and heads on his way to dinner. Readers will howl as they read ...more
Katie
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pb, fairy-tales
Cute, basic dinosaur rendition of "Three Billy Goats Gruff."
My favorite 'Fractured Fairy Tale' of this story is The Three Billy Goats Fluff.
The Three Billy Goats Fluff by Rachael Mortimer
Angie
Nov 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A wonderfully funny take on the three billy goats story. Three triceratops brothers need to cross into a valley to find food, but there is a t-rex guarding the way. Each finds his way through by promising a larger brother is coming. Then big brother does come and the t-rex is in trouble. I loved the bright illustrations and I think kids will really have fun with this one.
Michaelea Kennedy
This is a cute book that is a version of "The Three Billy Goats Gruff." The students that I worked with really enjoyed this book. They loved that it was just like a book that they had read before, but it was dinosaurs instead of Billy Goats. The boys especially loved the dinosaurs. The pictures were really cute and fun to look at. I really enjoyed reading this book.

• The Pout-Pout Fish
  • The Scariest Book Ever
  • Play This Book
  • Tea Rex
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)
  • Don't Blink!
  • Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths
  • Boy + Bot
  • Douglas, You're a Genius!