Start by marking “Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War 3-Book Boxed Set: The Red Queen, The White Queen, and The Lady of the Rivers” as Want to Read:

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  275 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The Red Queen
In a novel of conspiracy, passion, and coldhearted ambition, number one bestselling author Philippa Gregory has brought to life the story of a proud and determined woman who believes that she alone is destined, by her piety and lineage, to shape the course of history. In The Red Queen, Gregory illuminates the fascinating woman who founded England’s most power
Published December 20th 2011 by Touchstone

Be the first to ask a question about Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War 3-Book Boxed Set

Eileen
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love historical fiction and these books package it in just the right way for me. Gregory focuses on the women who played an important part of English history and she is now focusing on the secondary women - those who would have been better known names had they been men.
Memorymoses
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have these separately in hard cover, but couldn't locate them in this app. I loved them all. I have read every book Gregory has written and loved each and every one! Especially the Wideacre trilogy!
Ghadire
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read the white queen and the red queen, really enjoyed them both, i highly recommend them if you like historical novels.
Joy
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
ive loved all of her books that ive read. her books have taught me more about this countries royal heritige than i ever learnt at school. she can make history come to life.
Cheryl
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read The White Queen first, then Lady of Rivers, and about to begin The Red Queen...1st 2 were very good stories about English history prior to the Tudors. Fun reads!
Erika
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in The Cousins Wars, but found the 3rd book - The Red Queen - to drag on for what felt like forever. Philippa Gregory's books are most often written from the perspective of a strong (for the era) and like able female lead. The Red Queen, from the perspective of Margaret Beaufort, shows a sometimes strong but unlikeable (in my opinion) female. Still worth the read, especially if you love medieval and Tudor history as I do.
Sylvia
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of her books. Am waiting on The White Princess and am enjoying The White Queen in Starz.
Pam Boehmer
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The first three books of the Cousins War series.... Enjoyed!!!!
Holly Kerr
A nice little history lesson but I wish the characters were a little more fleshed out. They were two dimensional, which detracts from the story.
Teri
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wrong-book
I have only read The Red Queen in this series so far. MIGHT put the other two on the shelf someday.
Alison
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great read. As always with Philippa Gregory the historical detail is accurate and the invention superb.
Korene Torney
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
These are. Lassie historical fiction, easy and interesting reads. I prefer them in the winter but am reading one of her other books right now.
Hilary
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Harold, the Last Anglo-Saxon King
  • Touched by Fire
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Believed Violent
  • Birmingham Rose
  • Coercion to Love
  • The Proper Wife (Wellingfords, #2)
  • For Better or Hearse (Annabelle Archer, #2)
  • Succubus Lost (From the Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency, #2)
  • Lady Margery's Intrigue (Regency Royal, #4)
  • Churchill's Empire: The World That Made Him and the World He Made
  • The Coldest Blood (Philip Dryden, #4)
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • The Merry Monarch's Wife (Queens of England, #9)
  • Pinned for Murder (A Southern Sewing Circle, #3)
  • Come and Get Me
  • One Night of Passion (Danvers, # 1)
  • White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle: The Graphic Novel, #3)
Philippa Gregory was an established historian and writer when she discovered her interest in the Tudor period and wrote the novel The Other Boleyn Girl, which was made into a TV drama and a major film. Published in 2009, the bestselling The White Queen, the story of Elizabeth Woodville, ushered in a new series involving The Cousins’ War (now known as The War of the Roses) and a new era for the acc ...more
More about Philippa Gregory...