Start by marking “Between You and Me” as Want to Read:
Between You and Me

Between You and Me

2.93  ·  Rating details ·  1,948 Ratings  ·  396 Reviews
The authors of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Nanny Diaries take “an unflinching look at the price of fame” (Booklist) in this story of a young woman trying to escape her ambitious family.

Growing up in small-town Oklahoma, cousins Logan and Kelsey Wade were raised like sisters. Rarely separated, they became each other’s lifelines, escaping into the small joys of chil
Published June 4th 2013 by Washington Square Press (first published June 1st 2012)

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Nope. Can't do it. Won't do it. I made it to 160 out of 288 pages and disliked everyone; some for being patently unlikeable (the parents of both Logan and Kelsey, the on/off boyfriend) or for being a complete milquetoast pushover (Logan).

I should've realized that this wasn't a book for me when the plot of the book reminded me of: A. The Nanny Diaries which I also disliked and DNF'd and B. Was an obvious, uncomfortable "interpretation" of the life of Britney Spears.

Pass.
Robert
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I felt as if I was at the epicenter of a name-dropping universe with Rachel Zoe, Jessica Lange, Zoe Deschanel, Elton John, Annie Leibovitz, Madonna, Gwen Stefani, Fergie, Kanye, and will.i.am to keep me company. And locations as diverse as Los Angeles, New York City, Rome, Munich, London, and Stockholm to help me in my travels.

Needless to say, BETWEEN YOU AND ME reminded me of some sort of alternate universe with the Wade family bringing new meaning to the term dysfunctional family. If there was
Jasprit
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has left me utterly flabbergasted, I don’t know if I will be able to form a coherent review, it was such a raw, achy, and a heartfelt read. The entire time I felt like I was in an intense tug of war between the two main characters; Logan and Kelsey, being yanked one way one minute and then the other way the next.

Between You and Me centres around Kelsey, a famous singer and cousin to Logan. Logan and Kelsey haven’t spoken since they were younger and Kelsey’s family abruptly left. You’re
Nancy
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started out thinking it was a light, easy read. Listen to the big buzzer. Definitely not what I thought it would be but definitely much more meaty than I had anticipated.

What the story achieves is allowing the reader into the world of the rich and famous without all the glitz. Of course, there is glitz, but I found myself thinking about this novel for days afterward. Lindsay Lohan, Michael Jackson, and so many other stars trying to transition into the adult and also normal world have so many m
Jessica
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone with time to kill who wants to feel discomfort at the sadness that is Britney's life
Recommended to Jessica by: Us Weekly, which means I should have known better
This book is very obviously loosely based on Britney Spears' life (or what the authors think Britney's life is), which I wasn't aware of when I started it and would have avoided because who wants to be depressed like that? However, once I realized what was happening, I was already invested in finding out what happened in the story, so I kept on keeping on.

The premise was interesting and fairly timely given our obsession with celebrities and all of their head-shaking mistakes (Lindsey Lohan come
Book Him Danno
I love to read books that initially come across as light material, a summer read so to speak, but by the end I find it has changed my way of looking at the world. Between You and Me starts off as a look at the excesses of being a young, mega-successful pop star and slowly turns around to a deeply moving statement about the unquenchable thirst the public has for celebrity, and cost in real lives that has. You will not look at the tabloids quite the same way again after this book.

Much like readin
Tracy
Aug 05, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Here is the thing: I loved The Nanny Diaries. I have such a fondness for that book that, until now, I have tried all of the authors' other books. And the other thing is: they have all sucked. I can't even get through them. It's as if, in editing, entire chunks of the story were edited out. I'm never quite sure what is going on. I consider in an achievement that I got through about 100 pages, but I am not wasting one more minute on it.

I need to remember NOT to read the next one. No matter what.
Amy
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Remember a few years ago when Britney Spears dumped her husband, shaved her head and lost her mind? Remember how the courts instated her father as her legal custodian, rendering her - the mother of two children - a child with no rights? Did you ever wonder what was really going on in the Spears home?

When you read Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus's engrossing book Between You and Me, you might get some answers.

Logan Wade is twenty-seven and struggling to carve out a happy life for herself in New
Tiffmoney
Jul 22, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: one-star, arc
Awful.
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Between You and Me has one of the most unique introductions to the main character that I have ever read.  We are introduced to Logan as she is participating in a spinning class, and trying her best not to collapse.  As the chapter progress we find out she lives with her friend Charlotte and has a sort of boyfriend who doesn't always turn up like he says her will.  This is shown during her birthday party, where she spends most of the night waiting for him to arrive, when she finally gives up and ...more
  • Sad Desk Salad
  • The Singles
  • Imperfect Bliss
  • The Girl Below
  • The Caretakers
  • Circle of Silence (WiHi, #2)
  • There goes the Bride
  • Robin's Vermont
  • The Sweet Life: The Serial (The Sweet Life, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6)
  • Lake Como
  • I Love The 80s
  • Clean Break: A Novel
  • The Cougar Club
  • Wild Girls
My partner, Nicki, and I have been writing together for 12 years. We're obsessed by what makes a satisfying story. I'm excited to hear from our readers what does it for them -- and what doesn't. As a working mom, the only book time I manage to steal these days is right before bed. I'm not the girl who can watch SVU and go to sleep with a smile. Ruling out kids/the economy/the world in peril as sub ...more
More about Emma McLaughlin...
“I never realized how much of the pleasure of dining out is watching people, otherwise it feels like ordering in with better utensils.” 3 likes