Start by marking “Battle of the Best Friends” as Want to Read:
Battle of the Best Friends

Battle of the Best Friends (Mermaid Tales #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  148 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
In this splashy new Mermaid Tale, a megapopular boy band is set to perform at an undersea celebration—but what if a mean girl keeps Shelly from joining in the fun?

Echo, Shelly Siren’s best friend, is doing tail flips because she’s going to see the hottest boy band around—The Rays! It’s her classmate Pearl’s birthd
Published May 8th 2012 by Aladdin

Mehsi
Squee this was quite adorable! Boybands, friendship, parties, mean girls (but thankfully our girls will stand up against those), mermaids, and much more. I was definitely delighted with this one, I will be reading the other books when I have time. The illustrations are also adorable. <3
Hannah F
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book because it was funny. I would think this is for lower elementary. If you like books made by Debbie Dadey you will like this book because it is a Debbie Dadey book.
Jenn
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book. I'd recommend it for school-age kids, as it has a decent moral lesson about being nice to others, and has some neat "bonus features" like a glossary in the back on marine life discussed in the book and samples of the character's homework assignments that they had to do during the course of the story.
JusMe
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: littlies
Cute read about friendship and ocean life. The Authors Note and Glossary make beautiful additions to the book, teaching kids about amazing ocean life.

"You will never make it with that attitude. You have to be confident."

"The three of us are best friends, and that makes us winners.....Winners every time."

"Maybe one day, explorers will find a mermaid band deep on the ocean floor."
Jenne
I read this to my 5 year old daughter because she is obsessed with mermaids but I don't think it is really appropriate for her age as it was about a boy band coming to someone's party. Also the mermaids were mean to each other, which is not something I want her to learn.
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
My daughter has been enjoying this series. She's 6 1/2 and this is her first chapter book series that she felt motivated enough to read on her own. She seems to be enjoying it and likes the continued mystery thread of the bad guys.
Jill
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
My daughter loves this series.
Mari
May 08, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i think is intresting
Kristine Hansen
Even mermaids are susceptible to the lure of the boy band. Better than the last book, still not believable in the least, but fun to read. The characters are beginning to grow on me.
Rayah
Jul 07, 2017
Violet
Apr 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Mystery at Lake Placid (Screech Owls, #1)
  • The Secret Promise (The Rescue Princesses, #1)
  • Nancy Clancy, Secret Admirer
  • Dark Horse (Starlight Animal Rescue, #4)
  • Gabriella the Snow Kingdom Fairy (Rainbow Magic)
  • A Special Friend (My Secret Unicorn, #6)
  • The Fourth Grade Wizards
  • January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)
  • True Tales of Animal Heroes
  • Daring to Dream (Wildwood Stables, #1)
  • Smart Dog
  • Labrador on the Lawn (Animal Ark, #61)
  • In a Blink
  • The Number: What Do You Need for the Rest of Your Life and What Will It Cost?
  • Jelly Bean Jumble
  • Wellspring of Magic (Creative Girls Club Adventure, #1)
  • The One-Minute Organizer Plain  Simple: 500 Tips for Getting Your Life in Order
  • Plum Fantastic
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

Mermaid Tales (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Trouble at Trident Academy
  • A Royal Tea
  • A Tale of Two Sisters
  • The Polar Bear Express
“team.” 0 likes
“Pearl’s shell?” “Because I want to be with a real friend,” Echo said. “But . . . I’m not your friend. Not anymore,” Shelly said slowly. Echo laughed. “I know better. You were only pretending to be mad so I would go to the party.” Shelly’s face turned red. “How did you find out? Did Kiki tell you?” “Don’t blame Kiki,” Echo said. “You are more important to me than any silly band.” 0 likes