Start by marking “A Little Book About You” as Want to Read:
A Little Book About You

A Little Book About You

Take a few moments and read this heart-warming picture book to your child. Featuring over 30 pages of vivid, computer-generated art, there's plenty to keep them interested in addition to the awesome message inside.

There's no better way to tell them that you love them!
Published December 12th 2011 by S.E. Gordon

To ask other readers questions about A Little Book About You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Book About You

Briar's Reviews
A Little Book About You by Scott Gordon

The uncanny valley is strong in this book... I don't know why, but the 3D animated people always creep me out Scott Gordon's books. I'm sure kids wouldn't notice, but as an adult I'm just weirded out. That shouldn't let the story down though!

This book is all about the reader being special and one of a kind. It's a great message that is told right off the bat! This message is told through a variety of characters holding signs and objects, for reasons unknow
Montzalee Wittmann
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Picture book for the very young

Images are computer images and really cute. Simply for little viewers. Simply wording for the kiddos but not boring for the one who has to read it.
Annette
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
A hit with my young grandchildren and me! A beautiful way to let children know they are important and build their self-esteem too. This cute, short read, nicely illustrated book, is exactly what I want my grand children to know. Perfect!
Renoo
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My husband read this book to our baby in the womb. It is fabulous! The only problem is that I need to get it in print and can only get it by electronic version:( I love this author and the pictures are amazing!
Liz Lovesrainbows
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
These books are why I teach kids!!!
Twinholly1
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
A Little Book About You by Scott Gordon is the fourth book I have read by this author. I fell in love with the illustrations in his first book My Little Pet Dragon which were done by Julien Tromeur. For this book Tromeur gets help from Sarah Holmlund, but they are done in the same fashion as before. Each image is fixed on an all-white background which makes the image and the words stand alone. This makes the digitally created images pop! The artistry of each image is magnificent. The illustratio ...more
Jane
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Little Book About You was part of an anthology of children's books by Scott Gordon.

The book had a perfect message for young children that they are special, able to accomplish what they want and they are loved. The illustrations were attractive and bright, making them appealing to children. The vocabulary was a bit advanced for young children, but with discussion of the words it presents a good opportunity to expand the vocabulary of young children. Teachers do this daily, but parents might fin
Marilyn Peake
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Little Book About You is an incredibly sweet picture book for parents to read to their children. It tells the children, from the point of view of their parents, how special they are, that they are one of a kind, that they can follow their dreams to make a real difference in the world. The pictures on every page are adorable and the last picture signed "Love, Mom & Dad" makes the book very special. I especially like that instead of focusing on physical appearance, this book focuses on the d ...more
Malika Bourne
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Little Book About You us a delightful book to read to a 6 year old who thought it was written just for her. I was leary about reading a Kindle book to the grandkids because of the touchy feely aspect and turning the pages themselves, but the pictures and words held the child's attention with excitement. She did complain that my version wasn't in color. I recogmend this fun book to read with your children as a self-esteem booster.
Leah
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I'm not really sure about the age range, but I don't have kids. I got it to read to my nieces. The stories are cute and sweet, but a bit too simplistic for the 4.5 year old (she asked for a different book). They are only a few words per page, but do tell a pretty long/full story. They seem a bit too long for the two year old, but she loves the pictures so I think it will be good for her to grow into the length.
Charles Ray
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Little Book About You (A Great Way to Tell Your Child You Love Them) by Scott Gordon is a cute little book with a great message. Perfect for reading to children as young as 18 months, and a good way to introduce an older toddler to reading.
Some nice illustrations, each with an uplifting message to help children have a positive self-image—and, a great way to tell your child he or she is loved.
Penny  Benoit
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love that he used so many of his characters in his book and that each character was telling the reader (the child) how wonderful they are and how much they are loved. That's an excellent way to reinforce the message.
Katie
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Again, cute book. Fun for kids with a good message!
nikki Johnson
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I luv it bc its not to long and its not to short to read

The kids luv it BC it makes them feel special like awesome awesome but a little to short for me!!!!!!
Rosa Cline
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
These stories by Mr Gordon are simple but special little books. Perfect for beginning readers OR for someone to be reminded how special they are. Just a fun loving book!
Courtney
Jul 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
My mother taught me: "if you cannot say something nice, don't say anything at all."
Miss Meghan's Class
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book because it taught children to be themselves and to not worry about what others think.
Peacegal
Feb 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Not much of a story here, but somebody get that illustrator a contract with Pixar!
Joy
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
A quick little book about how special you are (complete with Gordon's CG animations that will make you smile).
Ericka
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay but not fantastic. Good message for early readers and young children.
Nicole Dunton
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a super adorable read! I think every parent should read it to their child. It's inspirational. I'll definitely read it to any kid I spend time with!
Fungi From Yuggoth
A delightful self-esteem builder with adorable illustrations, easy to Read and short and to-the-point. This is one parents and younger children can read together often, perhaps at bedtime; and new readers can practice on it easily.
Kathy
Feb 07, 2014
Tashan Yen
Jan 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Scott Gordon is the author of several children's books, including My Little Pet Dragon, My Crazy Pet Frog, Pigtastic, A Little Book About You, A Pocketful of Dinosaurs, Ninja Robot Repairmen and If I Were A Robot. Currently he is hard at work on multiple projects: Secret Agent Disco Dancer, Braedyn Bunny and the Missing Eggs, Baby Bee, Aveline & the Great Pumpkin Patch and more!

TRANSLATED WORK