Start by marking “His Forbidden Touch (Stolen Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Forbidden Touch (Stolen Brides, #2)

His Forbidden Touch (Stolen Brides #2)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  1,267 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
In a realm of snow and ice, a mercenary is assigned to protect a princess on a journey that may prove deadly to them both.

Disgraced ex-knight Royce Saint-Michel was banished from his homeland because of an impulsive act that cost him all he held dear. Now, he has the chance to reclaim his birthright—if he escorts the lovely Princess Ciara to her royal wedding and ensures t
ebook
Published November 11th 2011 by Summit Avenue Books (first published May 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about His Forbidden Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Forbidden Touch

Zoe
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh I am such a sucker for such stories!!! Impossible unrequited love, it doesn't matter how cheesy it is, I am just such a hopeless sucker for such a thing.

The review will have to wait until the vacation is over. Typing a review on my iPhone or iPad sucks. For now let's just say that it got a little cheesy in the end but who cares, I had my heart up in my throat and I felt for Royce and Ciara. 4 I-believe-in-love stars!

OK now vacation is over, here is the real review.

I would classify this
Jenn
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my very first romance novel. I've always avoided them like the plague, believing they were trashy with ridiculous heroines and even more ridiculous heroes. But I've been curious ever since discovering Felicia Day's Vaginal Fantasies series and seeing that romance novels are obviously not just for silly unimaginative twits. So when I saw an anthology for free download on the Kindle Store, I figured hey, why not. The tub scene from chapter 12 of His Forbidden Touch was the first story inc ...more
Donna Porter
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really surprised me. I was a set to not like it because it was about knights and lords and princesses I just didn't think it would hold my interest but I was so wrong. I thought I just read a little and see what it was like, but it held my interest right from the beginning all throughout the whole book. It was a romance story about Royce the baron and his fight to protect the princess Ciara from harm during a raging war in their kingdoms. Royce is sworn to protect her at all cost and d ...more
Gemma
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I tried by Shelly Thacker, and it will certainly not be my last. This book was absolutely wonderful. It's one of the best medieval romances I've ever read, and I've been reading romance since I was 11!

Thacker created wonderful, loveable characters. Both of them. Royce, the brooding hero, was not bitter or too dark of a character. He was a wonderful, honorable man (more honorable than most romance heros), and I would dare any reader not to be just the tiniest bit in love
Diayll
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 5 Controllers
Review Source: Author
Reviewer: Ariel

His Forbidden Touch, the second novel in the Stolen Brides Series by Shelly Thacker took me back to the days where romance novels had a plot and character development and adventure! Not to say that they don’t know, but they are a little more difficult to come by. His Forbidden Touch can be read as a standalone (or listened to, as I had the audiobook), so no worries if you haven’t read the first on
Paige
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this amazing, multi-layered love story.

***Details***
HIS FORBIDDEN TOUCH was another hit by Shelly Thacker. Although the second book in the Stolen Brides series does not have much of a connection with book one, FOREVER HIS, I fell for this one just as much.

After seven years of fighting and losing her brother, Princess Ciara’s father is forced to surrender to the rival clan and promise Ciara’s hand in marriage.

Unfortunately, there are some, rebels, who are not ready to suddenly have pie
Patsyann
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
Teresa
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was surprised how much I liked this book. The hero and heroine didn't have any great big misunderstanding or secrets that kept them apart. They didn't lie to each other or keep their feelings hidden through the whole book or hurt each other by denying those feelings. It was all such a relief! Yes, there were obstacles, and I was pretty confused for most of the book about exactly how this could all end happily, but the solution does not come out of the blue.

I'm actually debating now whether I
Larissa Brown
Brave heroine, darling hero, fun book

Quite well done. The book flows well and the author makes it seem so easy to tell this story. The timeframe is quick but somehow she makes it seem real even though the romance happens so fast. I appreciate that the heroine is three dimensional and brave but not the typical "fiesty." And goodness, Royce is a sweetheart.
Meg Mims
Oct 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of Shelly's best romance books, and any true romance reader will love love love it. A vulnerable heroine who has no choice but to wed against her will, plus a mercenary who is charged with getting Ciara to the wedding and her groom, makes for conflict to the max for a fabulous romance read.
Kimberlie
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Another enjoyable story in the Stolen Brides series. Royce is the great protector, and Ciara is a princess, but not totally helpless on her own. Well written, fun read with the guaranteed Happily Ever After ending.
Cristina Butler
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the book. Glad it wasn't just a love story…it actually had a plot.
Lorraine
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I loved the story and adventure as much as the romantic sections.
Dewi Read
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ending nya romantis.... kereen
Amber Escalera
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rated-reviewed
This book was funny and sad glad I read it
Shawn
Loved the characters and the story was great. You just had to love the hero and the princess was wonderful. Very good read.
Andrea Buschman
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This made me smile. Part adventure, part romance, happy ending, what's not to like? I can't and don't read books like this all the time, but this was a fun story.
Heather
Apr 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I remember LOVING this book. I read it in 2003. I plan to acquire it again and reread it I can only hope it is as good as I remember.
Linda Kinsella
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the most erotic and steamy romances I've ever read. Yet, at the same time very true to history. An extremely stimulating read.
Kristen
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really really sweet and well - written. Loved it!
Janett
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

I accidentally stumbled on this book because it was a free download for my Nook and decided to give it a shot. It wasn't until I got into this book that I realized early on it was a Medieval romance period piece. I have never read a romance set outside the 1800's because I don't find them fascinating but what a gem this turned out to be!

This was my first exposure to Shelly Thacker's writing and I have to admit, she is one of the best in the period romances that I've read. Her style is e
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
A VERY INTERESTING LOVE STORY!!!

Shelly Thacker is fast becoming one of my favorite Paranormal Romance authors. I read the Stolen Bride series a bit out of order. I have given all 3 bks 5stars. ST writes a very romantic tale with plots that make you think. She does love her twist and turns. Her H/H character in His Forbidden Touch are well written and developed.

The story begins after a 7 year war between King Aldric of Chalon and the villain evil King Daemon of Thuringia. King Daemon and his army
April
"Great second book in the series"
Would you try another book from Shelly Thacker and/or Julia Motyka?
Yes, it was a winning combination!! Julia Motyka is a delightful compliment to Ms Thacker's lovely prose. It as a very wise pairing!

Did Julia Motyka do a good job differentiating all the characters? How?
She has a wonderful tone and really kept the characters distinct. I loved her pace and energy throughout the read. Her smooth voice worked very well for the leads.

Any additional comments?
Sometimes
Linda
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audio-book
Enchanted, Enthralled, and Entranced! His Forbidden Touch pulled me in from the very beginning and never let me go. I love historical romances and this one delivered with a love fated to fail, beautiful vistas, heart-wrenching danger and thrilling suspense. If you loved The Princess Bride, you will love this story as it is of a similar ilk. I felt that I could hear Wesley's "As you wish..." as I listened to this fractured re-framing of that famous classic.

My full review has been published at Rea
Tinsoni
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhh the moment they succumb to passion makes the entire book worthwhile. I really lived every moment with the characters. When the wedding happened I wanted scream but Thank God for Knights in shinning armors (pun intended; ))
Shelly
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5. I didn't like this book as well as the other books in the series. I thought the story was a little rushed. I didn't really like the characters and didn't understand the attraction between the two. Hoping the last book is better!
Maddy
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this story! I gave it 4 stars not 5 because some parts were a little slow.
Victoria
A great story and a great journey! Loved the romance between the two and the awesome ending. Everything came together!
Lorna Irving
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
♡♡♡♡♡
Elizabeth Stephens
This book was perfect! A totally believable period romance set in a fictitious Middle Ages.

Ciara is a princess, sheltered, but not stupid. Royce is a disgraced knight looking to regain himself in the eyes of his king – Ciara's father. To do so, he's charged with taking her from her homeland to marry another king – this one cruel and ruthless and responsible for the deaths of thousands – in order to put a stop to the war he has been waging against her homeland.

The couple starts off being consta
  • Falcon's Fire (Fairfax Family, #1; Lords of Conquest, #5)
  • No Greater Love (Pascal Trilogy #1)
  • White Lion's Lady (Warrior, #1)
  • Savage Deception
  • Wild Angel (The O'Byrne Brides Series, #1)
  • Unlaced
  • The Raven's Wish (Scottish Clans, #3)
  • Heiress Without a Cause (Muses of Mayfair, #1)
  • The Renegade and the Rose (Renegade, Rebel and Rogue, #1)
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • A Lady's Revenge (Nexus, #1)
  • Rogue's Honor (The Saint of Seven Dials, #1)
  • The Wild One (de Montforte Brothers, #1)
  • A Winter Ballad
  • Across a Moonlit Sea (Dante Pirates, #1)
  • Aphrodite's Passion (Superhero Central #2)
  • Lost in Temptation (Regency Chase Family Series #1)
  • Lady Danger (The Warrior Maids of Rivenloch #1)
USA Today bestselling author Shelly Thacker has earned lavish praise from Publishers Weekly, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Detroit Free Press and The Oakland Press, who have called her historical romance novels “innovative,” “addictive,” “erotic” and “powerful.”

A two-time RWA RITA Award finalist, Shelly has won numerous other honors for her novels, including a National Readers' Choice Awar
More about Shelly Thacker...

Stolen Brides (4 books)
  • His Stolen Bride (Stolen Brides, #0.5)
  • Forever His (Stolen Brides, #1)
  • His Captive Bride (Stolen Brides, #3)

“You have not known very many men."
"I have no wish to know any others. I love this one.”
3 likes