Start by marking “Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)

Glitches

(The Lunar Chronicles 0.5)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  19,803 ratings  ·  2,051 reviews
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In Glitches, a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch…
ebook, Free Online Read, 32 pages
Published December 5th 2011 by Tor.com

To ask other readers questions about Glitches, please sign up.
Dawn According to the author here is the recomended reading order:
…more
According to the author here is the recomended reading order:

·  19,803 ratings  ·  2,051 reviews

Lola
description

(Isn’t that an adorable art work, by the way? So very charming and representing Cinder accurately enough with great talent, in my opinion!)

It’s only after finishing this novella that I realized how much I’ve missed reading about Cinder. I have finished book #1 in The Lunar Chronicles series a little more than a year ago and, somehow, my brain had a glitch for I stopped reading further. Damn glitch.

It doesn’t matter now anymore, because reading this had me remember why this is such a popular and loved series among boo
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
A superb, sharply memorable cyborg story.

Q:
She was already sick of the snow and the cold. They made her bones ache where her fleshy parts were connected to her steel prosthetics. (c)
Q:
She couldn’t even compare him with her real father, as her memory had been reduced to a blank slate during the intrusive surgeries and all she had left of her parents was their sterile identity profiles, with plain photos that held no recognition and a tag at the top labeling them as D
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
I think this is the third time I've read GLITCHES. But it's the first time I've read it since I've read SCARLET and FAIREST, so it's the first time I've understood exactly what Cinder has lost. Why she doesn't have clear memories of her past, and how that lack contributes to her overall sense of uselessness.

B/c that's how she feels. Useless. And alone.

And monstrous. *rubs fist over heart*

READ IT for FREE here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/1053565...

My other reviews for this series:

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
T/>/>My
Daiane
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
She raised the pad of her finger to the corner of her right eye, searching for wetness that wasn’t there.
“Right. A glitch.” She feigned a nonchalant smile, hoping the android couldn’t detect the grimace that came with it. “Maybe that’s all it is.”

It's a lovely novella of how Cinder got to her new home without remembering anything and adapting to her new cyborg body. She was just so poor...

And how Adri was always bitchy

And how Adri was always bitchy

Gerasimos
What an enjoyable short story! I loved Cinder so, when I was done, I needed more of this beautiful world and these amazing characters. And this is what this short story gives!

It adds to the backstory of many characters. We get to meet Cinder as a child during her first days as a cyborg. We get to see how she gets used to her new life. If you love Cinder you have to read this as well. You will get to know more about many characters such as Cinder's step-father, her step-mother, Iko, Peony and Pe
Liz

Awesome prequel.

I love Cinder and Peony and Iko!
And after reading Glitches I hate Adri even more...

Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Review:Cinder

Wow, All I'm saying is, you have to freaking read this before reading the first book Cinder.

I dunno why Marissa Meyer didnt put this as a prologue of her debut. Surely I'll enjoy more reading that book if I read this first.

It have the full description of what Cinder really looks like (You dint have to wait reading 200 pages to get the full idea) and I loverel="nofollow">Cinder
Adita ✨The Slumbering Insomniac✨
★★★★★★★☆☆☆[7/10]

As a follow-up to The Keeper, where Michelle Benoit is seen harboring the fugitive Princess Selene in the bomb shelter underneath the hangar of her farmhouse and trying to bring her back to life with the help of the lunar doctor Logan Tanner.. pfft.. that was more interesting than Cinder's first few weeks at the Garan house which makes up this story.

This is also where Cinder reboots and befriends Iko.

Wendy Darling

A fantastic short story meant to be read before reading Cinder.

Available to read for free on Tor's website: http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/12/gl....
isabelle
You know you're in a reading slump when it takes you a week to read a novella.

I know, I know. I'm totally lagging. It's school.

But let's not focus on Isabelle's lovely life. Let's talk about glitches.

A glitch is a malfunction. An irregularity. A flaw.

Yet, doesn't everybody have flaws?

I know I do. I have a speech problem. It's nothing crucial, don't worry. I just have trouble reading out loud. I stumble over my words.

I'm socially awkward. The words won't leave my mouth as I want them to. I tr
I am a girl!!!

And I do have some really nerd-girl moments sometimes. I adore this series.... kickass cyborgs are us.... and I love all our made over fairytale "princesses"!! Also, FREE!! I just can't help but want Glitches to be Winter.....

This is just a quick little insight into Cinder's introduction to her foster family. It doesn't really hand out any new information but
Karla
Jul 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This was great short novella, where we learn a bit more of cinder when she was adopted by Garan her stepfather. How he brings her home for the first time to meet her stepmother and stepsisters. In cinder I really disliked Adri (stepmother) but in this novella I couldn't help feeling a bit bad for her. Pheony, as always was funny and caring to cinder, it was sweet to see how they connected from the beginning. Great addition to the series, loved the cover!
[Shai] Bibliophage
I read all of the books in the Lunar Chronicles Series and I was looking for a flashback of what happened to the moment when Cinder was adopted by her new family. I was happy that the author wrote this short novella so we could have a glimpse of what happened and this is really a perfect companion to the series.
Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈ by: Anne
Thanks to the fabulous Anne for showing me the path toward this little shorty.

I liked this short and I can definitely understand the appeal of this series. I can't really rate this one higher than a 3 since it was just basically backstory to Cinder which I have not yet read. But it was engaging and fun, and the writing was decent, and I can understand how if it were expanded, the novel would definitely draw readers in.

As I only got glimpses of characters, I didn't really have enough time to r
Anne
Just in time to pad your Reading Challenge!

This is the free online prequel to Cinder.
If you're interesting in reading it, you can click this Link, and check it out.
I know, I know! I'm awesome!

This shorty tells the story of the first little bit of Cinder's life with her step-family. Starting with the train ride over from Europe, and ending with her stepfather's death.
You get a peek at her beginnings as a mechanic, her budding relationship with Peony, and her stepmother's feelings from the beginning.
No, it/>I
Robin (Bridge Four)
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, sci-fi
Well that explains how Cinder came to live with Adri and the girls and how she didn't remember anything of her previous life. Interesting to see how Cinder gets used to her synthetic parts at the beginning. Adri is so easy to dislike from the beginning, she is the epitome of evil stepmother.
Azbaqiyah
Cover - 4/5

Rating - 4 / 5
Laz
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing cute short-story. It gives us a glimpse to the past of Cinder when she had first came to Adri's house. We see her struggling to fit in, doing something to make these people who are strangers to her believe in her, believe that she's worth something and that she's not useless and worthless of their attention and care. It's heartbreaking reading this. She is just a little girl and she's in so much pain and she's so alone and she cannot remember a thing before the surgery that turne ...more
Liz* Fashionably Late
Please, God, give her tears so she can cry with me! 'O'

"I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I'm not human. I don't think that happens to most androids."
Glitterbomb
Seriously Adri, what crawled up your butt and died?
Melanie
You can read this for free on Wattpad.

I know I'm terribly late to this party, but with all the hype surrounding Winter I thought I would give this series a try.

I'm not sure if you guys play video games, but holy moly I couldn't stop thinking of Soma while reading this. The whole concept of being a human trapped in a robot's body, or even thinking you're human when you are actually just a robot/trapped in a robots body. Yeah,
Aya Hamza
Aug 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This one was so helpful.
It should be read before Cinder because I started Cinder first and couldn't get into the world of it.
It is about the 11-year-old Cinder and her first days with her new family.
I felt heartbroken by this story.
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
“I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.” -Iko
Norah Una Sumner

This is such a great short prequel to Cinder.We get to meet her stepfather Garan and to see the revival of Iko,who is charming as always.Peony is such a good person,she almost immediately accepts Cinder as her sister and Adri is...well,Adri.Cinder is still getting used to her life as a cyborg and you can clearly see in how much pain she's really in,especiall
Mounim Kamel
“GLITCHES” is telling the story of Cinder, Cinder is a cyborg girl (half human, half robot), she doesn’t remember anything about her past except that her parents died in an accident and she was lucky enough to survive and to be saved by scientists who replaced her damaged body with cyborg parts.
Basically this story is explaining how Cinder was adopted by Linth family and how she was left alone to face the cruelty of Adri (her stepmother) and pearl (her step sister).
Quintin Zimmermann
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
A short story or novella in a beloved series is an opportunity for the author to indulge readers with backstories, flesh out certain events or offer different perspectives of the characters that live within the pages (or an opportunity to cash in, if you are more cynically minded).

The key question that I asked myself is: Does this contribute to the canon in a meaningful way, or is it just an unnecessary indulgence?

Glitches encompasses the brief backstory of Cinder's ill-fated introd
Veronica Morfi
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw Cinder and read the blurb I thought I wouldn't like the book, but then people stared reading it and saying so many great things about it, that I was a bit conflicted. Then I read that it's based on the story of Cinderella and that the next three books are also based on fairy tales, so I thought I should give it a chance since I love fairy tales so much. Then I added Cinder in my to read list and I noticed that there was a prequel to the story, so of course I read it.

Fenia
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-like-drugs
Take my heart and break it,why don't you?? Ughh such a sad start for our dear Cinder..:( The way Andri treated her..and poor Garan? Heartbreaking story!!
Chesca
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

Glitches is about Cinder's first arrival at the the home of the Linhs. It isn't really necessary for readers to read it to get to know Cinder's character better. You would see the same things: Adri and Pearl despising Cinder, and Peony being really kind and welcoming to her.

I think this would have been better if it started with her time in Europe because there's nothing much important in this novella, save for Garan's reason for leaving and how Cinder first met Iko
Lauren (books & tea & all things me)
My copy of "Cinder" contained this novella as bonus content at the end of the book and I am so glad! I really loved this short story! I think it added extra insight, as well as a lot of depth to both the history of Cinder's life and the characters that we were introduced to and grew to love (or hate) in "Cinder".

This story takes place prior to the events in "Cinder", when Cinder is 11-years old and was just adopted by Garan into her new family. She had just recently underwent her surgery and is

• Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Other Worlds
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (Grisha Verse, #0.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Mother, Crone, Maiden
  • The Shadow Cats (Fire and Thorns, #0.5)
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • Praying For Rain (The Lotus Wars, #0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Starter: An Unhidden Story (Starters, #0.5)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
“I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.” 77 likes
“Nothing makes an android feel more useless than when a human is crying.” 58 likes