Start by marking “Every Time I Think of You” as Want to Read:
Every Time I Think of You

Every Time I Think of You

(Every Time I Think of You #1)

Published December 3rd 2011 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Every Time I Think of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Time I Think of You

Judith
5++ Stars.

"Every time i think of you,it always turns out good...

I stumbled across this one quite by accident after seeing a friend's status update and I just knew from the beginning this was going to be special.This Author can write and I'm still surprised by how many wonderful MM Authors that are out there that don't have more recognition.

I feel as though I'm repeating myself here but if you're interested in reading this don't read reviews because quite a few give indications about the subject
Jay Bell
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I can be prude when it comes to sex scenes, needing time to get to know the characters before matters progress too far. Every Time I Think of You starts with a sex scene, but one so beautifully written that I wasn’t put off at all. In fact, it’s a fantasy that regularly went through my mind as I was growing up. I wonder how many other boys in the woods were having similar dreams. Regardless, the writing style is what first lured me into this book, and the characters of Everett and Reid kept me c ...more
Ayanna
Sep 04, 2014 marked it as maybe-later
Edit:
Just to clear things up, because of the way GR formats editions, I didn't realize that the paperback edition had an actual description. I was responding to the original list of advanced praise excerpts in the description on this edition, which has since been changed to an actual description. That seems to have caused some confusion. That's what the sentence below is commenting on.

Huh. Turns out the paperback edition actually had a description.

original response to the reviews in the descr
Lena♥Ribka

5+++++ FANTASTIC EMOTIONAL STARS!!!

Ev, Ever, Every, Everything, Everett.

I don't think I can review this book.
I won't be able to find the words that can do it justice.

Maybe I'll try it later, but right now...
I'm overwhelmed with emotions and feelings.

Can you simply believe that this book is great?

This quote, out of the book, can probably explain in the best way the story:
"People who are meant to be together will always find their way."

It was one of the best gay young adult books I've ev
Baba
Apr 14, 2014 marked it as couldn-t-get-into-it
DNF @20 %, no rating.

The writing was nice enough. I guess this is a case of it's not the book, it's me. I was secretly hoping it would remind me a little bit of Memorizing You, my favorite YA M/M read. While Memorizing You drew me in from the beginning and never let go, Every Time I Think of You simply bored me to tears.

I will gladly move onto the next one…

P.S. The formatting is off (the size of the font differed constantly).
Sheziss
Every time I think of you I remember why I read books.

description

I couldn’t shake the feeling this book was a kind of therapy for me after reading Memorizing You. The plots have some similarities, in both of them the MC are teens discovering the first/true love, both are set in the 70s and both have an accident that changes their lives forever since. It’s unfair but for me was almost like a series in which this one is the second part you must not fail to read. I don't really feel sorry for that but I apolo
Elsa Bravante
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lo primero que me viene a la mente cuando pienso en este libro es que está bien escrito, la narración está muy por encima de muchos de los libros de M/M que yo al menos he leído. Sin embargo, no me ha calado todo lo que me gustaría, probablemente por el tipo de historia, más por una cuestión de gustos que porque el libro no lo merezca.

La historia de Reid y Everett es emotiva, divertida y muy triste al mismo tiempo. Quizás esa tristeza ha sido demasiado para mi, o quizás es el personaje de Ev, qu
Jenni

High school seniors Reid and Everett have been raised as differently as two kids could be. Reid’s parents are interested and involved in his life. Before he ever comes out to them,
Shelby P
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
OMG I can't believe I finally finished this book. It so reminded me of my experience with Acclamation. I thought this would be a DNF. The first 35% of the book the writing was so out there that it was hard to read. The next 65% of the book doesn't even seem like it was written by the same author.

I continued to read this book because of the high reviews and the "turning point" in the story. I'm glad I did eventually finish it. Reid was a likable character, but Everett was selfish, did not like hi
Katerina
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: For everyone who has a heart
Recommended to Katerina by: Lena♥Ribka
Be good. And if you can’t be good… be perfectly wicked!

That's one of those books. You know that it will break your heart. And that's exactly how it was. But I don't regret anything. It's one of the most beautiful books I read about growing up. And in that case, if growing up doesn't run in the perfect way that you wish and thought.

It's the story of Everett and Reid. Who meet in unusual circumstances in a winter forest. Although the first meeting is heated, it's rather a quiet book that doe

Silvio
description

To say that Every Time I Think of You is a brilliant novel would be an understatement. I don't think I can do this book any justice, my words are too limited to praise it the way it deserves. But I can say that it's engrossing, passionate, at once tender and beautiful. I can say that I.L.O.V.E.D.I.T!!! In fact, I fell in love with this book right after chapter 1.

Sometimes I read a book and didn't realize how much I'd be going to love it until a few days after (or at least, a day after). But appa
T
"What we got up to over the next several months was a blossoming of my new life, my first attempt at knowing another boy by his gestures, his sound, his taste. I would dare to dive headfirst into another world of clumsy, passionate and impulsive acts.

I would borrow my mother's car to visit Everett's rebellious sister in Pittsburgh. I would secretly drive him into the poorer section of that city where, hooded like a gang member, he would purchase marijuana. I would commit several minor crimes in
Day-thief
ETA: after re-reading this I'm still a fan of the book, but the problems in the writing became much more apparent. Still, 4 solid stars.

"I want to have adventures with you. I want more."

One snowy day in the woods, 17 years old Reid catches Everett "wanking in a winter wonderland". This is the fairy tale beginning of Reid getting to know "another boy by his gestures, his sound, his taste [...] and to dive headfirst into another world of clumsy, passionate and impulsive acts."

Other reviewers al
Izengabe
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tengo debilidad por los amores adolescentes, por los años 70 y, desde que leí The Front Runner (suspiro), por los corredores de fondo.
Así que empecé el libro con expectativas, y la verdad es que no me ha decepcionado en absoluto, está muy bien escrito, los personajes maravillosamente bien montados y el sexo narrado de forma que la intimidad entre ellos te asalta. (Y no por lo caliente, sino por lo real, lo cercano)
No sé por qué le doy cuatro estrellas y no cinco... El final me ha parecido un po
Edina Rose
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure I liked the pace of the book so much. It felt a bit slow to me at times. However, I loved the characters, the story of their love and the prose.

This is a story about finding the love of your life early and holding onto it with both hands, and legs, and teeth, and everything. And when life plots to mess up with this love, you plot back, you get smarter, stronger. You don't let go.

The two heroes are Everett (jock type) and Reid (nerd type), two teenagers with different social backgrou
John
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book. Spare, evocative, and wickedly funny, it just felt spot on. Sure there were a few tissue moments, but they're not where you expect them. Like a lot in this book, they creep up on the reader with an unexpected power.
Don
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story of first love and the perseverance of two young men whom were meant to be together. Through heartache, forced separation, confusion, and tragedy, the discovery of what love really means is told brilliantly by this writer.
Kat
Aug 02, 2013 marked it as not-that-i-would-rather-die-but
Note to self: I don't think this is for me.
Elisa Rolle
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
2012 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Jason
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5

Bathed in contrivances, an awkward, obsessive focus on sexual activity and written in a forced and belabored style, Every Time I Think of You tells the story of Everett and Reid. These two star-struck lovers meet in one of the most absurd book introductions in history. Reid, succumbed to teenage hormones, escapes to his favorite masturbation vacation spot; the woods. Of course he stumbles across someone who is masturbating at the same exact time at the same exact place. It’s winter. There is
Katharina
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A big thank you to Johanna who's the reason I read this book in the first place. From the blurb, this wasn't a story that I usually would have chosen to read - it seemed too much of a Coming of Age story and that's not really my cup of tea. But, boy, am I ever glad I read this. 'Cause it was absolutely great!

To be honest, I had a bit of a problem getting into it at first - I needed to get used to the language, the whole setting, the protagonists' age (that might seem weird, but I'm just not use
Trebor
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What I loved about this book was how natural, joyful, real and strong the love was between the two boys. There was no shame, just discovery, exploration, tenderness and the natural unfolding of love and sexual expression. It's among the most uplifting and positive expressions of gay sexuality that I've read and that made me immensely happy. In its exploration of coming to terms with disability, this book is important and informative and wonderfully frank and balanced. Provenzano takes the things ...more
Marshall Thornton
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent.
Madison Parker

Full review at www.madisonparklove.com.

These boys really tugged at my heartstrings. I wasn't so sure about Everett at first. I feared he would be a bad influence on Reid with his thrill-seeking and smooth-talking behavior. But really, these two are so right together. Everett is able to pull Reid out of his shell. Although Reid is more sensible, he loves the excitement he feels with Everett, and Everett makes him feel special. He quickly finds himself falling in love with the mischievous and char
Irina
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Irina by: Lena♥Ribka
Jim Provenzano is one of the most ingenious writers I've ever encountered. His skill alone deserves all the praise it can get. The writing style is so captivating that it's impossible to put the book down. The only issue I had was with the story itself (and it's entirely my fault, I admit). Having jumped into it without any glimpse into the blurb or other hints, I have misjudged it completely for the most part of the book. I kept thinking of Everett as a temporary feature, expecting some more fa ...more
Jill
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Every Time I Think of You is a coming of age novel about young love and coming to terms with disability. Reid and Everett meet by happenstance at seventeen, and their relationship develops very quickly. The boys discover the joys of love while overcoming difficulties of family, peers and a tragic event that leaves Everett disabled.

I don't know that I can do this book justice in a review. I loved it. The characters are real and grow through their hardships. It's clever, poignant and beautifully
Mark Abramson
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When people tell me that they fall in love with my characters, I am always grateful that they have something nice to say about my writing, but I was never sure what they really meant. Now I do. I fell in love with Jim Provenzano's characters in this book from the first pages and didn't want it to end. What a wonderful story! Thank you for creating it.
Erik Orrantia
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. Though some of the plot may be a bit cliche, and other parts perhaps unrealistic, I was enamored by the easy flow, the pacing, the voice. I felt for the characters, laughed out loud at times, and choked up once or twice. I recommend this one.
Dan
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written, beatuiful, story. Words do not do it justice.
Thank you Jim.
Jim
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Here's a link and excerpt of a great new review of Every Time I Think of Youby Jenni at Boys In Our Books:

"I’m not sure how or why this book sat on my TBR shelf for so long, but if it’s sitting on yours, pick it up immediately (it’s that good). Told from Reid’s POV, Every Time I Think of You is a sweeping study of the mechanics of young love: the lust, the angst, the desperation, the embarrassment, the innocence, the all.

High school seniors Reid and Everett have been raised as differently as tw
  • Memorizing You
  • Silent
  • Fearless
  • Looks Over (Gives Light, #2)
  • Vivaldi in the Dark (Vivaldi in the Dark, #1)
  • Listening To Dust
  • Not Broken, Just Bent
  • End of the Innocence (Tales from Foster High, #4)
  • Discovered (Little Boy Lost, #4)
  • Crush (The House on Glass Beach #1)
  • Kamikaze Boys
  • 366 Days
  • The Rest Is Illusion
  • The Decisions We Make
  • East
  • Appearances Matter (Dumb Jock, #3)
  • Kieran & Drew
  • One Boy's Shadow
Jim Provenzano is the author of the novels Now I'm Here, PINS, Monkey Suits, Cyclizen, the 2012 Lambda Literary Award-winning Every Time I Think of You, its sequel Message of Love (a Lammy finalist), and the stage adaptation of PINS. His short fiction collection Forty Wild Crushes was published in 2016.

A journalist in LGBT media for three decades, and the guest curator of Sporting Life, the world'

Every Time I Think of You (2 books)
  • Message of Love