Start by marking “Lure of the Blood” as Want to Read:
Lure of the Blood

Lure of the Blood (Lure Series #1)

Marnie's decision to finance her law degree by pole dancing awakens her latent sexuality, and the mysterious stranger lurking in the shadows sends her libido into overdrive.

Realizing her sexy lurker is a vampire is bad enough, but her boss is the alpha wolf of a pack of shifters? Torn between her attraction to both men and surrounded by danger, she has a decision to make.
ebook
Published November 16th 2011 by Evernight Publishing (first published November 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lure of the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lure of the Blood

Heidi Rice
Mar 09, 2012 Heidi Rice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has started out HAWT!! and is just getting hotter.... Yum!

Wow, that was one hot read... Loved the dark intensity of the love triangle here (had real echoes of True Blood for me!) as well as O'Connor's world-building (Ion and his wolf-pack I found particularly intriguing). Erotic romance with a powerful paranormal twist.
Kiru Taye
What can I say? Tortured alpha male-shifter, strong feisty human heroine, throw in one sexy vampire, sizzling love scenes and an intriguing storyline and you've got one hot book.
If you love hot paranormal romance stories, this book is for you. I'd definitely read another one from Doris.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Enter contest here: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

I loved the characters! Marnie is a bundle of contradictions, she’s vulnerable and withdrawn but this ex-gang member knows how to hold her own. Oh and sexy alpha shifter, every time he mentioned his wolf rolling over and showing his belly to Marnie, well my heart melted a bit. The balance between humor, spice, spunk, and excitement was really well balanced. The writing style really puts me in mind of the Samba, it entrances while seduci
Serenity Woods
Nov 20, 2011 Serenity Woods rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lure of the Blood is the first book I've read by Doris O'Connor, and it won't be the last! This vampire/shifter story was passionate, intense and gripping. I loved the heroine, Marnie - she was spirited and feisty whilst being totally won over by Ion, the shifter who had to fight his incredibly powerful attraction to her, because she was a human. Ion was an alpha male in every sense of the word, and his relationship with Marnie was both sexy and emotionally touching. The sex was hot, the charact ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Finding herself caught up in her own legal trouble was not how law student Marnie thought her day would end after working the pole at a local strip club. Fortunately, Marnie comes face to face with the man who will ultimately lead her to her destiny. But first she must accept that humans are not the only beings inhabiting this world and her boss is one of their leaders.

I still found it an engaging read for the characters who claimed m
Marie
Nov 07, 2013 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
A Jerk, a Jackass and a Stripper

I won this book in a giveaway.

What did you like?
It was nice that the heroine learned about her parents, even though the circumstances were sad. Glad she gained some family even if he was archaic in his attitude towards her. The love triangle was a good way to ratchet up tension but I am glad it worked itself out.

What did you not like?
The rules of the Elders suck big-time. I was also a little annoyed by the hero, for His behavior for most of the book. The vampire w
Krissys
Dec 02, 2012 Krissys rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: featured-books, star
First reads

Lure of the Blood is a fantastic story that reminded me a lot of Amanda Ashley's work, a fast moving sexy novel by Doris O'Connor that will entice you to the sexy side of darkness.
I loved the comic dialogue with the characters that kept me laughing through the entire story.
Doris does a fantastic job drawing you into Marnie's nail biting world, and poses the question what would you do when you'd anything pay your way through law school and have your world turned up side down? Do you
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
This story starts off with a romantic triangle between Marnie, Ion and the sexy vampire, Lucas. The plot is exciting, sexy, well-plotted. The love scenes are extremely well done and the chemistry between the main characters sizzles. Marnie in particular is a great character. She is brave, intelligent, a bit innocent despite her profession, and definitely not a doormat.

Maura
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Chris Lange
Jan 03, 2012 Chris Lange rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Doris O'Connor has created here a passionate love story. The heroine is strong, feisty yet sensitive. Caught in the middle of an exciting plot, she fights for what she believes in. The story is fast-paced, and the characters keep pulling you in. All in all, I really enjoyed this novel. Doris O'Connor's books are worth watching out for.
Amanda
Jan 09, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For pure sexual energy and a book that keeps you turning the page and not wanting to put it down, Lure of the Blood certainly has it. The tension between the main characters is electric. Its one of those books that you should read 'alone' or aloud with your partner. I can see Mrs O'Connor becoming a name to watch out for as an author of erotic fiction.
Dahlia (yadkny)
Apr 06, 2012 Dahlia (yadkny) added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Lovers
Review posted @ Long and Short Reviews
Tiffany
Dec 11, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful novel, with twists, romance, and a mystery that was solved, with happiness for Marnie with Ion
Raven
Mar 06, 2012 Raven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read from beginning to end.
G
G rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2014
April Zyon
April Zyon rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Sierra
Sierra rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2012
Geeba
Geeba rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2012
Sassy
Sassy rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2012
Claudia
Claudia rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2013
Karin Baine
Karin Baine rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2013
Anna-Lovisa
Anna-Lovisa rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2013
Helena
Helena rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Serena
Serena rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2012
Pinky
Pinky rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2013
Alison
Alison rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2012
Kendra Ross
Kendra Ross rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Eversong (Midnight Playground, #4)
  • Nightshift
  • Night of the Dragon (Berserker Mate's, #1)
  • The Last Princess (Pack Seduction, #3)
  • Succubus Lost (From the Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency, #2)
  • Death by Dragon
  • Marvin and the Three Bears
  • The Misfits (Trueblood #4)
  • Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria #1)
  • A Taste of Twilight  (Crimson Carousel, #1)
  • Were Love Conquers All (Were Trilogy, #3)
  • Hecate's Own (Heart's Desire, #2)
  • Blood and Silver (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter, #2)
  • The Games We Play
  • Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • Razor (Razor Saga, #1)
  • Blood Secret (Blood, #5)
  • Eternal (Holloway Pack, #0.5)
Glutton for punishment would be a good description for Doris... at least that's what she hears on an almost daily basis when people find out that she has a brood of nine children, ranging from adult to toddler and lives happily in a far too small house, cluttered with children, pets, dust bunnies, and one very understanding and supportive husband. Domestic goddess she is not.

There is always someth
More about Doris O'Connor...

Lure Series (2 books)
  • Lure Of Forever (Lure Series, #2)