Start by marking “Flock (Stork, #3)” as Want to Read:
Flock (Stork, #3)

Flock

(Stork #3)

Having barely survived an eleventh grade of adventures rivaling any mythological tale, human Stork Katla Leblanc is hoping for an ordinary senior year. But when two Icelandic exchange students turn up at Norse Falls High, an uneventful school year seems out of the question.

Although tricked into the initial deal, Katla is constrained by a celestial bargain that puts everyo
384 pages
Published September 25th 2012 by Candlewick (first published September 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Flock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flock

Mateja
Jan 26, 2012 rated it liked it
What to say about the final installment in the Stork series...I kind of have mixed feeling about it. I enjoyed the overall plot, but the way the story was carried out, or should I say written, made me want to scream in frustration.

The first half of the book was great. I loved immersing myself into Katla's world. The addition of two previously met characters more fully into the story was promising and I loved following Jinky and Marik. The plotline was interesting, Katla was faced with several p
Liza Wiemer
(I made this statement months ago: I loved the first two novels in this series. In general, time flies by way too fast, but sometimes it goes way too slow. Waiting for a good book like this one to come out qualifies for time at a snail's pace. :-D)

Wow, I loved FLOCK! Thank you so much to Candlewick for the ARC. I seriously couldn't wait.
Oh my goodness, Wendy Delsol's writing is so lyrical and brilliant. From page one, I was sucked right back into the story of Katya and Jack and a cast of superna
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
LORD HAVE MERCY WHAT AN ADVENTURE THIS SERIES HAS BEEN! With that said in yes all shouty caps I have to do a recap of all the books that lead up to this EPIC conclusion. I know I know some people did not like the series but to each his own. I really enjoyed this series because it had a little of everything and when a book uses myths I just adore it. Wendy did a wonderful job of weaving a world that went from the ordinary to the extraordinary. If you are looking for a good series to read this is ...more
Chelsea
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have to start by mentioning the cover of Flock. Is it not the most gorgeous cover ever? Does her hair not have the most perfect waves you've ever seen? The colors, the birds in the background... it's all just so stunning. Well done, Candlewick designers, well done.

That's not the only good thing about this book. Flock is a fabulous finish to one of the most surprising trilogies I have come across in the inflated YA paranormal market in recent years. I love that Katla is a Stork, and member of a
Christie
In the final book of the Stork series, Katla LeBlanc, a member of a secret society of soul deliverers, must yet again stop the Ice Queen from bringing about the end of the world. Hoping to have a normal senior year, Katla and Jack’s world gets turned upside down with the arrival of Marik and Jinky when she learns that she has inadvertently promised her newborn sister to the Water Queen and that Marik is there to collect.
Katla is a likeable heroine and this story does a good job of incorporating
Jeannette
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5

I've said this before about this series, it is so original! I love it. The covers are so beautiful; "frosting" on the cake. Yep, I punned it, so what! Once again we have Kat in a messy situation with some Nordic baddies. The modern references, as in the previous books, hit just the right spot to make the book relatable. One thing I really missed was Kat's inner dialogue. She didn't seem to have as much in this book as she did in the others. We don't see as much interaction with Kat &
Asenath
This book really fell short for me. I feel like Delsol describes how I felt at the end of this book the best, "No more secrets, no more heroics, no more asinine self-sacrificing plots." (pg 370)

There wasn't much of a plot in this book. Sure, there were lots if problems, but Katla didn't actually do much except for worry/complain/act illogically (with the ever prominent excuse of "I don't want people to worry about me!") (view spoiler)
Heather
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
While this was a fitting end to an excellent series, I felt this story wasn’t quite as strong as the other two. I felt like everything was rushed, not enough depth was given to much of anything, and the conclusion of hostilities amongst realms was too fast and not explained well enough for a complete understanding of what happened. At the conclusion of the book, I was happy with the very ending. Happy with how everything worked out, and how the story closes. But I also had a feeling of what-the- ...more
This book was definitely an improvement over Frost, but I still didn't like it quite as much as Stork. Still, it wraps up Katla and Jack's stories in a nice way, it flows much better than the previous book, and it was a quick read. I like how Delsol uses Norse mythology; it's a nice change from a lot of other YA mythology-based books. At times I did want to shake Katla for making some of the decisions she made (ie. not asking for help when she should have), but overall I enjoyed it, and although ...more
Darcy
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, ya, norse-mythology
This book wrapped up things, but I am not sure how I feel about the ending. I was surprised that there wasn't much with the Storks, something I really liked about this series. What little there was with them left me feeling like they were under utilized and that Kat's role with them was glossed over. I did like how Kat reached out for help when she needed it and that those that were disappointed with Kat helped her.

I hated how Kat felt like she had to hide things from everyone, especially Jack.
Hana
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the best endings to a book series I have ever read. The Stork Trilogy was a great mixture of fiction, romance, and high school life. Though the end did have an interesting twist, but the the two lovers still ended up together, even though they had obstacles in their path to be together. I really do hope that Wendy Delsol continues to create amazing books because I will surely read them.
Shelley
Expected publication: September 11th 2012 by Random House, Inc.
Brennyn Small
I have mixed feelings towards this book. The beginning was not good. The writing style was erratic and too full of commas. It was very distracting. Once you got past the first 50-75 pages the pace picked up and it became one of the books I couldn't put down. BUT the ending was terrible. Everything wrapped up into a nice little bow, but it did so in the least satisfying way imaginable. I don't know how to feel about this book. I think overall I give it a meh.
Jaime Lester
It was a 4 star until the end. The end kind of ruined the whole series for me, which stinks because I love the series. Just one certain aspect that happened to Katla and Jack really really messed with my feelings for the story. And it stinks. But overall, what a great series.
Longhairpanda
Sep 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-worth-it
Worst ending ever.
Jacqueline
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying conclusion to the Stork trilogy.
Katie Gamble
Ending was not as epic as I'd hoped.
Sonia
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the series
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review Posted on Reading Lark 9/7/12: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

As a Lark I feel that I didn't stand a chance against the series. How could I not fall in love with a world that has so many bird references? I picked up Stork on a whim and since then I have enjoyed every moment spent in the fascinating and magical world of Norse Falls. This book was a difficult one for me because I am not ready to say goodbye to these characters that I have grown to love. I tried to read it slowly an
Sara
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, young-adult
The conclusion to the Stork trilogy, the first two of which I read a few years ago so they're not totally fresh in my mind. Katla is a "stork", in charge of guiding souls into vessels (i.e., guiding the right babies to the right mothers) along with a number of other women in her small town, which is pretty much a hot spot of Norse mythology come to life. At the beginning of her senior year, two exchange students that she knows appear at her school, Jinky and Marik, sent to make sure that Kat ful ...more
Shalin
Aug 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
The Mysterious Force
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I liked this series a lot! I have always been fascinated by mythology and the ideas/beliefs woven into these books, but they tackle the subjects in a way different from that of Percy Jackson and such, which is nice (even though those are wonderful as well). Towards the end, it did start to become just the tiniest bit too unbelievable, but not with the storyline - with Katsa. But overall, it's a trilogy I haven't and won't be forgetting anytime soon!
Courtney (Fuzzy.Coffee.Books)
What I Liked: 1) Well, the first two books have focused a lot of their energies (or plotlines) on some of the Nordic legends, of which were all unknown to me. And I loved that about it. But this one focused more on how those legends were being rewoven into today's time period, and what effects they were having on Katla and her generation. I really love how Miz Delsol took her story a step beyond just retelling these somewhat obscure legends. 2) This is kind of an extension of the first thing I m ...more
Michelle
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, review-on-blog
I can't believe the final book in the Stork trilogy is finally here. I am sad to see this trilogy come to an end but I really liked the way it all ended. I thought this book was better than the second one- I really enjoyed it! We got to see lots of new characters, which I think was awesome. I think that was just the thing missing from book 2. The new additions breathed new life into the story.

Kat is just such a determined girl. She does not give up, which is so admirable. Even if she doesn't al
manda-rae
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Stork series is a fun series to read. It's full of Norse mythology, romance, and growing up. I adored Katla and Jack's relationship. And I'm kind of bummed that the series is all over now.

Katla, as we find out in Stork, has an ability to unite unborn souls with potential vessels (or moms in modern-day terms). She's quite powerful and somehow has a knack to get herself into a lot of trouble. Jack, on the other hand, is descended from Jack Frost. Basically, he's your winter weatherman machine.
Carie
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably 3.5. This is a good ending to the series (a cute, clean, fun series!!). I was a little confused by what exactly was happening in the final confrontation and how it led to the results it did ((view spoiler)), but I enjoyed the overall story anyway. I absolutely love Kat’s internal voice and narration--she’s so funny!! And I liked Jack MUCH more in this book than the last one. The other characte ...more
Andrea Roberts
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So with a heavy heart I say goodbye to a series that I have come to love. While I always felt so much more could have been given to this stories it was a light hearted read that never made me think to hard.

Finally our heroine Kat gets her happy ending. She is still madly in love with Jack (who I still frankly feel is the worst choice for a love interest), her mom and Larry are happy while little Leira is safe and happy. To top it off Ragnorok has been thwarted wooooo.

Alas comes my issues with th
Andrea
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 out of 5 rating

I really enjoyed the first two books in the Stork trilogy so I was excited to read this last one. And while it wasn't my favorite of the trilogy, I definitely enjoyed it.

Once again, I just loved Kat. I still love her humor and kind of sarcastic streak. And I love that she does what she thinks is right, even if it's not exactly what she's supposed to be doing. And I still like her relationship with Jack (although we don't get too much of him in this book). I think it still seem
Alex
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yikes, this last book in the Stork trilogy was such a let-down. I still think the mythology in these books is fascinating, but the ending to this story just left me so unhappy.

(view spoiler)
  • Fish in the Sky
  • The Demon Catchers of Milan
  • The Stone Girl
  • Glass Heart (Cold Kiss, #2)
  • Redemption (Hearts of Stone, #1)
  • The Suburban Strange
  • The Shapeshifter's Secret (The Shapeshifter's Secret, #1)
  • The White Glove War (Magnolia League, #2)
  • Tut: The Story of My Immortal Life (Tut: My Immortal Life #1)
  • The River of No Return (Jaguar Stones, #3)
  • The Marked (Delcroix Academy, #2)
  • Dark Territory (The Tracks, #1)
  • Hanging by a Thread
  • The Princesses of Iowa
  • Spookygirl
  • Blood Storm (Lharmell, #2)
  • Intentions
  • Lucky Fools
Wendy Delsol is the author of a young adult trilogy: STORK (2010), FROST (2011), and FLOCK (2012). The books are inspired by Norse mythology, adventure and Icelandic folklore. STORK was one of 25 titles out of over 1000 to receive a 2010 VOYA Perfect Ten and one of ten to win a 2011 Westchester Fiction Award. Delsol’s adult novel, THE McCLOUD HOME FOR WAYWARD GIRLS, was named an August 2011 Barnes ...more

Stork (3 books)