Start by marking “Maybe (Donovan Creed, #9)” as Want to Read:
Maybe (Donovan Creed, #9)

Maybe (Donovan Creed #9)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  1,109 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
When an angry, unemployed chemist unleashes a bio-terrorist attack against women and children, the president of the United States asks Donovan Creed to get involved. It's just one more thing on Creed's plate.
Published December 14th 2011 by Telemachus Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Maybe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe

James
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
hmm, what can i say and not spoil the other books? Locke's stories and writing have sucked me in so much, that often I find I can't put them down until I get to a transition in the action and force myself to stop and get some sleep.

I'm still very curious where Mr Locke gets the inspiration for these stories, because he's either lived a very 'colorful' life, or he's totally insane! I laugh more, cry more, and shocked more, in these books than almost any others I've read. And what I love best abo
Nigel
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Yet another roller coaster of a ride from John Locke. Creed as yet more problems piled onto his already over flowing plate, interesting character developments with some new ones introduced and some fantastic twists and turns really can't wait fr the next one.
Craig Hansen
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Everything John Locke has been building in his previous Donovan Creed novels comes together nicely to fill out what is easily the broadest and most engaging of his novels since the far more narrow and tightly focused SAVING RACHEL. The characters all ring true while offering up twists and surprises. As usual, he keeps a few threads dangling to build into his next installment, but the sense of story here is quite satisfying.
Mark
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Don't know why, but I just love reading this series. This was another fast paced & humorous read by John Locke. Not a dull moment reading this one. Sad part is only a few more books left to read of this series.
Rebecca Saxton
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Again as always non-stop action. John Locke comes up with scenarios that just blow my mind. The only negative is that I am starting to think many of the characters are easily disposable, which I don't always love. Again a must read for a pure fun experience.
David Donaghe
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another good book by John Locke. I found Maybe to be an entertaining read. As usual, John Locke's books are fast paced and a lot of fun. I highly recommend it.
Tara
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was a fast paced, can't put the book down, kinda story. I can't wait for the next in the series.
Harry
Continuing with my pursuit of the lone Hero (see reviews for Joe Pike novels, John Rain novels, Jonathan Quinn and Jack Reacher novels) Donovan Creed is probably the most unique character I came across.

I'd never heard of John Locke until I received my Kindle DX in the mail. Locke made his fame and fortune self-publishing his books in the Kindle world. For the Kindle, his books are ridiculously inexpensive (around $0.99 to $1.99). I was surprised at what I read and hooked from the start. Unlike m
Gordon Wulff
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
A brilliant character created in Donovan Creed and his exploits leave me gasping for air . A wicked sense of humor cuts his sense of duty and the follow through is cataclysmic .

A new Author creating incredible characters...

Without by E.E. Borton Without
Suffer by E.E. Borton Suffer
Abomination by E.E. Borton Abomination
E.E. Borton
Mary
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ummm, WOW! I probably put this in all of my reviews of John Locke's books, but I really did not see most of these plot twists coming! One new door would open, knocking me for a shocker and then, POW, out from left field would come something totally unexpected. I don't know how the author keeps this story line straight in his head, but somehow he does and at the end it just all comes together like a beutifully choreographed finale I could never have imagined. John Locke's books get better and bet ...more
Melissa (Kersey)  Corbeil
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As always, John Locke delivered twists and turns you wouldn't expect. I love Donovan Creed and his friends, enemies and associates. A quick enjoyable read!
When I started this series, the first book I read was Saving Rachel and I was hooked.
Maybe is Donavan Creed's daughter and she is joining the family business...she is working for her father as an assassin! Her quirky personality makes the read all that much more enjoyable.
John Locke never fails to introduce his readers to characters they cann
Dan Barbier
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'll start by saying, that I have read all of Mr. Locke's novels and came to the conclusion that what I love about his books, is his writing. Nobody tells a story the way John Locke tells a story. He has a unique voice. So I won't tell you that this ninth Donovan Creed novel is funny, violent and sexy as hell, I'll tell you that John Locke is the author of this book, would you expect anything else ? As a bonus, you get nods to other Locke novels. Call me ! And the Emmett Love series is featured ...more
Ken Rossignol
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book may be the wrap-up of the series and then again, it may not. But one character gets defined even more and we may be learning how Homeland Security really spends the money in its budget. This John Locke book does not disappoint his fans. Prudes and politically correct twits should run from this book!
Andrea Susan
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thank my friend James for my introduction to this series but only cos he and I share a similar taste, I can't thank him for the lack of sleep that starting these books induce. I have repaid the favour by letting my partner Dave read them and for the first time in years he has read 10 books in a week I count that as a great success.
Hudson Murrell
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Again, a superfast read. Love the e-book price too, and he's creating some unforgettable characters. I'm enjoying the progress and changes of the characters. I see he has a new series about a female PI. Hmmmm.
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love John Locke's Donovan Creed seties. They are hillarious with sexcapades, psychotic behaviors and killing, killing, killing. This particular book is a continuation from previous issues and even though you can read it separately and enjoy it, I suggest you start with the first in the series.
Steve Toms
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-mystery
Another fun Donovan Creed story by John Locke. I really enjoyed it. The dialog is crisp. Mr Locke did a terrific job of getting me to like and root for, quite possibly, the most demented group of people in any novel I've read.
Sherry
Sep 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Now I finally know how cally and donovan came about.hmmm. Interesting. But Rose is another story.. ;) I like it. Although this did not thrilled me as much, atleast some of my unanswered questions had been given a shed of light.
Tania
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cheesy but I love it, a perfect read after a heavy book
Kathleen
Nov 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ugh
Kate
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it

Nice, light, fast read. I enjoy the series as it is not meant to be taken seriously. High entertainment factor.
Julia
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it can't wait for next one!
Julie Post
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fun bad ass assassin series that's got sexy down. Kind of like a lighter James Bond. Always kept me guessing!
John
Jun 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book is dreadful.
Mary
Jul 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Wasn't one of my favorite.
BridgetT
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
amazingly entertaining good fun, as usual. i gave up trying to keep up with the twists and plots by book 5. now i just open up a John Locke book, buckle up, and enjoy the ride.
Ronald Dahle
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Typical easy reading, 4-5 star enjoyment. i have his whole collection on Kindle. A great light reading series to titillate and tweak the senses.
Rui Ma
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Interesting and exciting journey of Donovan Creed as usual. It is a quick and fun read
Brian
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Second only to the very first Creed novel. And it looks like things will only get more interesting.
Teresa
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just a fun silly book. I love to ready John Locke after a serious book. He never fails to make me laugh.
  • Call Me
  • Floaters (A Jack Daniels/Alex Chapa Mystery, #1)
  • Cry Baby (Callum Doyle #4)
  • Divide & Conquer
  • Color Tour (Ray Elkins Mystery #2)
  • Dark Horse (Jim Knighthorse, #1)
  • Key Lime Blues (Wes Darling Mystery, #1)
  • A Touch of Greed (Nick Bracco Thriller #3)
  • Sunset Key
  • Siren (Siren, #1)
  • Roseflower Creek
  • The Perfect Woman (Detective John Stallings #1)
  • In Your Dreams (Mark Appleton #3)
  • Stein, Stoned (Harry Stein, #1)
  • Stone Maidens
  • Chill Run
  • Sea Sick (Ravaged World Trilogy, #1) (Damienverse, #5)
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See this thread for more information. This is the novelist (2x spaces), not the philosopher (1x space).

New York Times best-selling author John Locke is the international best-selling author of sixteen books in four different genres. He is the 8th author in history to have sold one million eBooks on Kindle. Loc
More about John Locke

Donovan Creed (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Lethal People (Donovan Creed, #1)
  • Lethal Experiment (Donovan Creed, #2)
  • Saving Rachel (Donovan Creed, #3)
  • Now & Then (Donovan Creed, #4)
  • Wish List (Donovan Creed, #5)
  • A Girl Like You (Donovan Creed, #6)
  • Vegas Moon (Donovan Creed, #7)
  • The Love You Crave (Donovan Creed, #8)
  • Callie's Last Dance (Donovan Creed, #10)
  • Because We Can!

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother