Start by marking “Surrender (Mimics of Rune, #2)” as Want to Read:
Surrender (Mimics of Rune, #2)

Surrender

(Mimics of Rune #2)

Face the past or look to the future? Both will hurt. One could kill her.

All her life, Lily Crane has supressed her childhood memories, masking the signs of abuse with a variety of looks. From brunette to blonde, tall to short — as a Mimic, changing shape is her gift. Her right. Her achilles heel.

It’s Lily’s latest likeness, chosen simply by accident, which threatens to r
Published September 4th 2012 by J. Taylor Publishing (first published August 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surrender

Start your review of Surrender (Mimics of Rune, #2)
Nicole Peterson
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm so jazzed! We are a part of the Surrender Blog Tour!! And there's a giveaway!!!! I'm a full blown fan of Aimee Laine's now. Seriously! I love this series and I loved Hide and Seek (Games of Zeus #1), gonna have to read that as soon as I get an opening on "The Calendar". Ready? Here we go!

In Little White Lies we get a peek of what is going on between Lily and Cael. In Surrender we get their story. Lily has a horrific past, through no fault of her own. She will find out that all sh
J.A. Belfield
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved Surrender. From the opening chapter that throws straight into action from Cael’s POV, to learning more about Lily’s past, to watching the suppressed romance blossom, to watching the character(s) grow, to the intrigue & suspense, and the settings & scenes-painted & world building … I loved it.
Man, this is one heartstring-tugging story of self-discovery. Lily has always been the weaker of the Mimics of Rune clan—she certainly seemed that way in Little White Lies—but in Surr
Ambur
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, romance
I've loved Lily and Cael ever since I met them in Little White Lies, and I was extremely excited when I first heard that they were getting their own story in Surrender. I was even more excited to see what would happen with their relationship after they had both spent about 40 years thinking their love was unrequited. Now that I've read Surrender, I have to say that I was not disappointed...in fact, I was wowed! :D

I also have to say that this is one sequel that does not disappoint! Little White
Tana
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Surrender (Mimics of Rune #2) by Aimee Laine

Surrender is the second book in the Mimics of Rune series, even though I haven’t read Little White Lies; I was able to fall along Surrender very easily. Aimee Laine is a fantastic author with very good writing skills in my opinion. The character and plot were well written and I followed along without any problem.

The story if full of action, romance and suspense, I enjoyed the story very much, I really liked that it was a differe
Lynn Reynolds
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars

Cael Aldridge is seen running through traffic. He’s chasing a man named Roy Marlow. Roy is a man that has a connection to Lily. And Cael has loved Lily for a very long time. But why is he chasing Roy in the first place?

Lily Crane is a shapeshifter – a mimic. As you read this story, Aimee will let you know what a mimic can do. There’s also someone who wants Lily, but for what purpose. Why her of all people? Her life has changed and she’s learning things she neve
This review is also posted at The Bawdy Book Blog.

Aimee Laine delivers a fab follow-up in her Mimics of Rune series with Surrender, the sequel to Little White Lies!
If all the mimics in Rune, NC were dogs or cats, Lily Crane would be the runt of the bunch with diminished power and a seemingly meek, albeit upbeat, demeanor. She’s got a spotty past that she guards fiercely, not wanting anyone to know or judge her for it. She’s also young for a mimic – only 61 years old – and she of
Anna's Herding Cats
Now this was an interesting book! I've never really read about Mimics or humans with the ability to shift their appearance (hair color, height, etc) and I found it all fascinating. Especially when characters would change their sex. Now that was interesting! It so messed with my head but I loved it. I found it very refreshing to read a paranormal romance that didn't focus on your typical para-beings but went somewhere new and unique. And did so incredibly well. With a perfectly meshed story of ro ...more
Lauren
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the premise of this book...I had to back and read the first book but this I could have read as a stand alone...

Exciting is only the first word to describe Surrender. With a unique setting and cast of extraordinary characters, Aimee Laine weaves a paranormal tale to capture the attention of many. This book surrounds lies, secret government facilities and programs, and surprisingly a a steamy love...

Lovey Dovey Books
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting is only the first word to describe Surrender. With a unique setting and cast of extraordinary characters, Aimee Laine weaves a paranormal tale to capture the attention of many. Surrender, book two in the Mimics of Rune series, delves into a web of lies, secret government facilities and programs, and surprisingly a hot romance!

As a Mimic, Lily has the ability to alter her appearance at will, except for one period of time, every year, wherein her body is forced to its original form. Lily's emotional
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
In Surrender we meet Lily and Cael. Lily is a mimic just like Charley and she and Cael have become very close and Cael loves Lily and will do anything for her. So when she is kidnapped Cael will do whatever it takes to get her back.

Lily will have to come face to face with her past and relive a life she has tried to hide for so long. The pain of her abuse is to much to bare and she does not want to re-live the past but it is the only way to move on and have a life with the one man who
Terri Rochenski
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I gave Little White Lies (Mimics of Rune #1) 5 stars, but this one I must admit captured me more. If 5.5 stars were available, that's what Surrender would receive. Perhaps I ought to change my star rating system.

Anyhoo...

Lily's story is emotionally moving. She's forced to face her haunting past and finds unexpected, but welcomed surprises along the way.

Yummies: Cael. Faithful, rock solid changeling who would do anything for Lily. I could go o
Jocelyn Adams
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this! Cael is everything I like in a romance hero, sweet but not sappy, strong, but soft underneath when it comes to Lily, and so gentle despite his size and strength. Love him to bits.

Lily is portrayed so well as she grew throughout the story, going from meek and damaged to finding the strength to face her past. The characterizations are spot on and often tugged on my heart strings.

This is a powerful and engaging love story that will have you rooting for these char
Wendy
Dec 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Loved reading more about my favorite characters!
Jennifer Eaton
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is sort of a complicated novel to try to review. It feels like two stories gathered into one. I definitely enjoyed the second half more than the first. Let me explain…

Aimee Laine has a sharp writing style. She is crisp, concise, and not overbearing on her settings. I prefer a novel that moves, and for the most part, Surrender does keep flowing.

The last 40% or so of the novel flew by. Great plot, great pace, and lots of heart pumping excitement. I really enjoyed it an
Denise
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Surrender
by Aimee Laine (Goodreads Author)
Synopsis from Goodreads

"Face the past or look to the future? Both will hurt. One could kill her.
All her life, Lily Crane has suppressed her childhood memories, masking the signs of abuse with a variety of looks. From brunette to blonde, tall to short — as a Mimic, changing shape is her gift. Her right. Her Achilles heel.
It’s Lily’s latest likeness, chosen simply by accident, which threatens to repeat a history she’s desperate to forg
Danielle Smiley
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Suspense/Thriller, Urban Fantasy
Publisher Type: Independent

My Review:
True to form, Aimee Laine has written yet another amazingly romantic and suspenseful book! Her novels are the best of both worlds, taking us on a stunning romantic journey all the while shocking us with must-hold-your-breath suspense!!! This is just crazy, my friends, these books are just that good!!!

In Surrender we continue getting to know the entire gang we first met in book
Charlayne
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cael Aldridge follows and finally catches up to the elusive Roy Marlow who has been following Cael’s love-interest, Lilly, for some, as Cael believes, nefarious intent.

Lilly Crane’s birthday is coming up soon. She will change and whether she changes again is up to her, her DNA. Her best friend, Charley is getting married and everything is coming together well until someone grabs her and drugs her, dragging her cross-country and installing her as someone’s wife and mother. But why?

Surrender/>
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As a Mimic, albeit a weak one, Lily Crane can look however she wants. Unfortunately the ability has some disadvantages, as Lily discovers when her current face causes a case of mistaken identity which will force her to face the past she has tried so hard to forget.

Cael Alderidge would go to the ends of the earth to keep Lily safe, and with a Dangerous Mimic wanting her for unknown reasons; Cael must be willing to do anything to keep the woman he loves safe.

This book throw
Karimia
Surrender is unique, exciting, full of action, love and loyalty. I love that Aimee Laine threw us right into the action right from the start. The action keeps going from beginning to end.

Surrender has really great characters that really helped push this story along.

As a mimic, Lily Crane was shown as weak and damaged. Within the book we see how Lily is saved form any problems she has. Unfortunately the way Lily looks causes a case of mistaken identity; thus the story begins
Stefan Eveline
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lily is mimic and has the ability to alter her appearance at will, except for one period of time, every year, wherein her body is forced to its original form.She is loyal loving and a true friend.She is in love with Cael ,his best friend for forty years.She loves him because he is always there for her as a confidant and as a family.She just wants to love and be loved by Cael
Lily has a team Charley Wyatt James Maggie and Cael who is like family for her and they help her to recover his true
Stephanie
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was only able to read this book a little bit at a time and I looked forward to every chapter. The relationships between the Mimics of Rune are more complicated than I imagined and I enjoyed learning more about Lily and Cael. This story was thrilling and the action and suspense made it hard to put the book down. The plot and setting got increasingly complicated. But, the author made it easy for me to learn about the characters' pasts, follow current events in the story, and keep up with disguis ...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*

Surrender is a triple threat, action, adventure, and romance. If you're a fan of the paranormal and characters who grow, this is a must read.
Shana (ReadingVixen)
This sequel to "Little White Lies" was ok. Not earth-shattering, but ok. Honestly, the first book was better.

Lily appeared in the first book as well, and was a little more entertaining and engaging than in her own book. Unfortunately, she comes across as insecure about her own mimicking abilities, which is understandable, coming from her tortured past. But she never grew a backbone until towards the end of the book, and even then, why she decided to grow a spine at THAT particular ti
☺~Tina~☺
Lily has been free from her captors for 40 years. She has been friends with Cael, Charley, Maggie, James and Wyatt. I didn't read the first book but understood the story.

I didn't love this book. I thought it was okay and liked the twist on shape shifting. The ones in this group shape shift (or Mimic) humans mostly though some can shift into animals. Their talents reach several different ranges from shifting into almost anything to barely being able to change their hair.

This is Lily's book and
Ellen
I'm still not quite sure what happened with the blending in the end, but I don't see why Cael couldn't blend with Lily, eventually he will have to blend or outlive her.
Patricia Yost
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
looks and sounds awesome...
Sharon Petch
Jan 06, 2018
Julia
Sep 20, 2013
Julie Williams
Mar 05, 2012
Pat Cromwell
Mar 03, 2014
Aimee is a romantic at heart and a southern transplant with a bit of the accent (but not a whole bunch). She's married to her high school sweetheart, and with him, she's produced three native North Carolinians, two of whom share the same DNA.

With an MBA and a degree in Applied Mathematics, there’s absolutely no reason she should be writing romance novels. Then again, she shouldn't need

Mimics of Rune (2 books)
  • Little White Lies (Mimics of Rune, #1)