Start by marking “Reign of Beasts (Creature Court, #3)” as Want to Read:
Reign of Beasts (Creature Court, #3)

Reign of Beasts (Creature Court Trilogy #3)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The Creature Court is dangerous and deadly, but Velody must unite them for everyone's sake ... A beautiful and compelling story of finding one's heart's desire. 'Raze it to the ground ... No amount of ritual can return fortune to this place.' the Creature Court are at war with each other. three kings fight bitterly for power and dominance over Aufleur and the streets run r ...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Harper Voyager

To ask other readers questions about Reign of Beasts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reign of Beasts

Leonie
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I finished this book today. I've read the trilogy over an extended period of time, not because I wanted to, but because other stuff kept getting in the way.

Like the other two books, I really enjoyed it. It was a bit raunchy in spots, which I sometimes find a bit 'in your face,' but the characters continued to develop very satisfyingly, and the story continued to take twists and turns in all kinds of directions.

Sadly, some of my favourite characters didn't survive, but that's sort of satisfying
Niall519
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I devoured all three books of The Creature Court over the course of the past week. They're all incredibly easy to read (especially after coming to them straight from the density of the prose in Kraken and the ?translational problems of The Stranger) and very more-ish. I found myself chewing through a third of a book at a single sitting, and it was an absolute pleasure to be able to let the images and writing flicker past at that speed and still retain everything.

The characters were all intriguin
Tehani
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: australian, fantasy
A cracker of an ending to a cracker of a trilogy - Tansy has outdone herself with intense action, excellent characters and an engaging plot that has spanned three books. Awesome stuff! Highly recommend reading the three in close succession for best impact - and by that I mean, GO READ THEM NOW!
Kitty
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic final instalment in the Creature Court trilogy. My only regret is that there aren't any more to read.
Mark Webb
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review forms part of my contribution to the Australian Women Writers 2012 Reading Challenge. All my AWWC reviews can be found here.

Reign of Beasts by Tansy Rayner Roberts is the final book in her Creature Court trilogy. I've reviewed the previous two books elsewhere on my site (here for Power and Majesty and here for The Shattered City). To be honest I've been putting off this review for a bit - not because I didn't enjoy the book (I did) but mainly because I'm finding it hard to come up wi
Celia
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
The final book in the Creature Court trilogy, and an excellent conclusion to the story - and I find it impossible to say anything specific about it without being spoilery. However, Roberts does a wonderful job of tying up plot threads and finishing her characters' stories without making anything too pat or easy. In fact, easy is the last word you would apply to Reign of Beasts - sometimes it feels like the characters are trudging uphill through wet cement as everything goes wrong around them. Al ...more
Kaia Landelius
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hopeless fangirl here! Upset evil, evil Tansy is evil and kills all my favourite characters. And yes, this is the most useful review in the world of reviews, I know. It's beautiful that way. Almost as beautiful as Ashiol I'm sure.
Jenny
Dec 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I felt so cheated by the ending of this series :(
Miriam
I read this series and thought "The only way that this could be resolved to my satisfaction is for the main characters to get into a threesome."

There was no threesome. :-(
Narrelle
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, australian
I've been on a Tansy Rayner Roberts jag lately, reading the entire Cafe La Femme series she writes under the name Livia Day and finally getting to the third book in her fabulous fantasy Creature Court trilogy. I have no idea why I waited so long to get to Reign of Beasts, but it was worth the wait!

I have previously waxed exceedingly lyrical about Tansy Rayner Roberts' skills as a storyteller, particularly with her plotting. You can never tell where the story's going to go (in an entirely good wa
Alexandra
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
It always takes me ages to review Tansy's books, because there are so many things I want to say that they get in the way of each other and I know it will take ages and then I put it off and... you get to this point, where it's five months since I read the book and I've forgotten half the things I wanted to say. So this is just a few comments, really, about things I enjoyed (because I did enjoy it, and there's not much I didn't).

Spoiler for book 1 and 2; why on earth would you read this review if
Tsana Dolichva
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reign of Beasts, by Tansy Rayner Roberts, is the final instalment of the Creature Court trilogy.

The series is excellent and a testament to how fantastic a writer Roberts is.

However, it’s not the kind of series where you can pick up the third (or second) book without having read the first two.

I really felt this series improved with each book. Where the first two books were spent building the world and setting up all manner of conflicts, in the final instalment Roberts meticulously dismantles her
Lauren Mitchell
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was waiting for all three of the Creature Court trilogy to come out before I read them because I am a dreadful whinger about things that are to be continued (Mira Grant, I am looking at you, but in a very fond way). Finally all three were out and I could devour them. But I was depressed and down when I opened Power and Majesty, so I was afraid I wasn't going to enjoy the books as much as I might.

Boy, was I wrong.

Tansy has created an incredible world that is indeed filled with power and majesty
Maren
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Neile
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The conclusion to the Creature Court trilogy is a quick, absorbing read. As usual with a trilogy, it's difficult to describe the final volume without spoiling the first two. This part begins with (view spoiler) ...more
Moira
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
25.2.2015 - 4,5*
Oh my. Ten konec. Netuším, jestli se mi chce řvát, nebo být šťastná, že to nedopadlo o sedm pekel hůř.
(Huh, a na tohle spojení jsem přišla kde? :D)
Charaktery zatraceně propracované. Živé a každá dýchala a snažila se vás nalákat na svou stranu.
Atmosféra příběhu mi brala dech.
Nápady a to, jak autorka vytvořila svět, mě nadchlo.
Je to skvělá, neobyčejná série, kterou jsem si...
Užívala není to správné slovo, protože na to bylo psaní Roberts příliš temné a místy prostě příliš děsivé. V
Nancy White
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I take back everything mean I said about the writing in the first two books!!! Maybe it's not "great literature" but in the genre fantasy world writing quality can be a mixed bag and in the grand scheme of things this novel is actually reasonably well-written.

This novel was SO EXCITING.

Seriously, go read the first two if you haven't yet and then read this one. I was utterly engrossed in it. It was hard to put down especially towards the climax which was just brilliant.

It's been a few days since
Yvonne Boag
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The Creature Court now has three kings. Garnet is back and is still mad, Ashiol believes that Velody and Garnet are working together. Velody knows that something is really wrong but can't get the other two kings to work together. Rian, now the seer is changing sides to Garnets team. Things are spiralling out of control unless Velody can get Ashiol to trust her.

I couldn't put this book down, I loved it so much. I'm going to have to go out and buy it so I can reread it. I couldn't wait to find out
Clinton
Not even gonna completely review this. I dont even think its worth it.

Everything from my review of the last book definitely applies here.

I will say it lost a star for (view spoiler)

The ending was crap. It was confusing and poorly explained.

Yup, thats about it.
Matt
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Great ending. Couldn't read the series fast enough; and couldn't put the books down. The only marring aspect is that the sex is so explicit and dirty -- we don't need the details! After all, we don't get a concomitant amount of detail as to how the characters cut their toe nails or defecate, so why must we be bludgeoned with the intimate, messy details of their rutting?
Ju Transcendancing
This is my first book read and reviewed as part of the Australian Women Writer's Challenge for 2012. I've reviewed this over at my blog The Conversationalist: Reign of Beasts by Tansy Rayner Roberts (Book #3 in the Creature Court series).

Note: This review is safe from spoilers.

Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ}
Amazing truly amazing!

I loved this series heaps! I mean every once in a while a person might stumble upon a super fantastic, expertly endowed fantasy that would blow their mind. This my friends, is one of those. Roberts really hauls in a dark and gritty fantasy space. Its lust and power. There is so much emotion, so much tension between all the characters, it was brilliant!
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Sara Douglass 'Book Series' Award. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
Shona
May 15, 2012 added it
Shelves: fantasy, first-reads
I jumped into this book without having read the first two. I got 40p in and decided I need to go back to the start, so I’m going to read book 1 when I can get my hands on it and come back to this one as the world building is fascinating.
Melanie
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A spectacular series finale that wrapped the story up really well. This series truly suspended reality for a little while and dragged you into its weird world of magic, drugs and sex. If you like fantasy, give this author a spin :)
Thoraiya
David
Nov 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 11:24AM
  • Cracklescape (Twelve Planets book 7)
  • Cherry Crow Children (Twelve Planets, #12)
  • The Courier's New Bicycle
  • Suited (The Veiled Worlds, #2)
  • Kaleidoscope: Diverse YA Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories
  • Rituals (Rhapsody of Blood, #1)
  • Midnight and Moonshine
  • Havenstar
  • A Trifle Dead (Cafe La Femme, #1)
  • Hell and Earth (Promethean Age, #4)
  • Velveteen vs. The Multiverse (Velveteen vs., #2)
  • Phantazein
  • Ariah (Ariah, #1)
  • The Law of Becoming (Jaran, #4)
  • The Griffin Mage
  • Caution: contains small parts (Twelve Planets book 9)
  • Honor's Paradox (Kencyrath, #6)
  • Dragonshadow (Winterlands, #2)
Tansy Rayner Roberts is a fantasy and science fiction author who lives in southern Tasmania, somewhere between the tall mountain with snow on it, and the beach that points towards Antarctica.

Tansy has a PhD in Classics (with a special interest in poisonous Roman ladies), an obsession with Musketeers, and is raising two superhero daughters who are going to rule the world someday.

You can hear Tansy
More about Tansy Rayner Roberts...

Creature Court Trilogy (3 books)
  • Power and Majesty (Creature Court, #1)
  • The Shattered City (Creature Court, #2)