Start by marking “Wo niemand dich findet” as Want to Read:
Wo niemand dich findet

Wo niemand dich findet (Tracers #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  4,823 Ratings  ·  410 Reviews
Privatdetektivin Alexandra Lovell macht verschwundene Menschen ausfindig – und manchen hilft sie dabei unterzutauchen. Der letzteren Kategorie gehört Melanie Bess an: Sie hält es bei ihrem brutalen Mann Craig Coghan nicht mehr aus. Er verfolgt sie auf Schritt und Tritt. Gemeinsam mit Alex plant sie die Einzelheiten ihrer Flucht in ein neues Leben. Doch eines Tages ist sie ...more
Published February 20th 2012 by Blanvalet Taschenbuch Verlag (first published November 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wo niemand dich findet, please sign up.

Keri No, this is more of a romance story with the missing person storyline as the backbone.

Jonetta
Private Investigator Alexandra (Alex) Lovell helps people disappear. When one of those type clients appears to be in trouble and is truly missing, Alex investigates and finds more than she bargained for. Austin Police Department Homicide Detective Nathan Devereaux crosses her path, again, and they work together (sort of) on a case with a lot of dangerous tentacles.

What worked about this story was the mystery and suspense aspect, which was interesting and exciting. The case was difficult to gras
D.G.
My favorite genres are romance and mystery so you would think that I’d be a big reader of romantic suspense. Not really. In my opinion, it takes a gifted writer to combine the romance and the mystery so one plot doesn’t take over the other. Sadly, this is what happened here. Add to that the first in the series syndrome where there are tons of characters with neon signs pointing ‘I will be the hero/heroine in a future book!’ and you have a rambling romance where the hero and heroine didn’t spend ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
Untraceable is the #1 book in Laura Griffin's romantic suspense series The Tracers which is set in Austin, Texas. I was intrigued by the premise of the series that I read in the author's website.........
The Tracers: An elite cadre of forensic investigators who use trace--often microscopic--evidence to solve crimes. Detectives look to the Tracers for help when traditional law enforcement agencies aren’t up to the job. Mia Voss and other Tracers at the Delphi Center use cutting-edge forensic te
*Avonna
I really enjoyed the mystery in this book. I thought it was a strong plot and kept me reading. My main problem was with the romance. Liked Nathan and felt he was very yummy, but Alex didn't make me feel she should be in a relationship. I like a strong female lead, but at times she crossed the line into stubborn/stupid. I really felt the romance was forced and it just didn't work for me. I want to read more in the series to see if the Delphi Project becomes more of a major player in solving myste ...more
Jane Stewart
4.5 stars. Intelligent, clever ideas, things I haven’t heard before. Excellent romantic suspense.

STORY BRIEF:
Alexandra (Alex) is a private detective working mostly for insurance companies, but her passion is helping women disappear from abusive husbands – think civilian run witness protection program. She’s a computer whiz. She helped Melanie disappear, but Melanie broke the rules and returned to her home town. Alex believes Melanie has been killed. Alex asks homicide cop Nathan to help her inve
Laura (Kyahgirl)
* August 2017 - I listened to this book again just to rate the narrator since I had intensely disliked her narration of another book I read this week. She's not my favorite by any means but will stick with this original review.

3/5; 3 stars; B

I read this book several years ago and recently listened to the audio version. Reagan Talmadge did a fairly good job as the narrator but her style is kind of slurry. I enjoyed the mystery and the characters, although I really noticed quite a few TSTL live
Manda Collins
A fast-paced, sexy romantic suspense read. Nathan and Alex are stubborn--well, moreso Alex than Nathan--but they will have you cheering for their happy ending when the suspense is finally over. Nobody writes wounded but strong heroines and the rugged heroes who love them better than Laura Griffin.
1st read 11/27/2009
Re-read 8/17/2016
Lady Heather

I was first introduced to Alex Lovell in Whisper of Warning and I really liked her character. She's strong, intelligent, dedicated and loyal to the bone (all of my favorite characteristics in a lead female).
So as soon as I discovered that Alex had her own book, well I just had to read it.

... and then there's Nathan Devereaux (my sexy, Cajun homicide detective working in Austin, TX). *sigh* This book just got soo much better!

I was not disappointed!

Great story, writing, and characters. I will def
Daffodil
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought the mystery plot was pretty decent. The romance was a little blah; I couldn't really feel any connection between (or even with) the characters. I also had trouble with Alex's overall attitude toward Nathan. She has no hard proof, yet she is upset that Nathan has to follow police procedures in investigating the case?

I am slightly intrigued by the Delphi Center, so I may read the next book in this series.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first in the Tracers series by Laura Griffin. A wonderful start for the series. I am looking forward to upcoming additions to this series. Great blend of suspense and romance.
The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon)
Okay, I'm going to try and keep this review short... no, really, I'm going to try and keep this review short. I'm not kidding!

Untracable (Tracers #1)

General Impressions, Thoughts, Feelings, etc...

If you are big on Feminist issues, you will be caught in a juxta position. That means you'll have to tape some brown paper around it so nobody can see what you are reading because, once you start it, you'll want to finish it.

This book turned out to be a delightful read. I liked the female lead initial
jenjn79
Dec 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random buy
This book was a random buy at Wal-Mart. I felt like buying a book and this one looked interesting, especially since it was a romantic suspense book. I hadn't read anything by this author before so I wasn't sure what I'd get. I ended up liking the book quite a bit. It was pretty good.

Series Note:
This book is the first book in Griffin's new "Tracers" series, but the book also has ties to other books by Griffin, with continuing characters and whatnot.

Summary:
Alexandra Lovell is a private investiga
Smileyluvsbooks (Faz)
Going to give this book 2 and 1/2 stars.
This story had Soo much more potential! I loved certain aspects of it. I thought that the romance between the two main characters was good and I liked how it developed. To be honest, the main reason I read this book was because of the relationship between a private investigator and a cop. It intrigued me, but I was disappointed.

Firstly, I felt as though there were many things that were addressed in the story, but were never finished. (view spoiler)
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She helps women hide
A client ignored advice
Now missing or dead

Could have been deeper
But still pretty good story
And okay romance

This particular couple didn't really grab me, but good enough to continue series.
Kathryn
I enjoyed this romantic suspense and can see it would be a good series all told. Liked the main characters, the work together to solve the case and the list of possible characters for future stories.
Lizzy
Laura Griffin created a mystery full of potential in Untraceable, however, lost herself along the way. The plot is unsure but moves along at a brisk pace towards the end.

Alex Lowell is a PI that helps women fly under the radar. But when the last one, Melanie Bess, disappears Alex must find her. She seeks an acquaintance and homicide detective, Nathan Deveraux, for help. He’s somewhat skeptical. Alex believes Melanie’s cop husband is responsible and may have killed her. But has no proof. He fe
Diane
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad read, took me a bit to sort out all the characters though. The main character Alexandra "Alex" Lovell is one of those people that can be a bit irritating and way too often is TSTL! Once I got past that love/hate relationship I settled down to a good mystery involving murder, bad cops, and missing people!

This is the first book in the series, I wasn't sure after the first couple of chapters whether I was going to finish the book or not, but I persevered and I am glad that I did. It was a
Anne OK
Nov 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
Very suspenseful with a good romance. Characters were well developed and maintained a strong dialogue throughout. Very strong-willed and tough heroine. Have enjoyed every book written by this relatively new author.
Quynh
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex Lovell and Nathan Devereaux crossed paths in the book Whisper of Warning. Alex's job as a private investigator is to make people disappear. This time, the person she helped escaped from an abusive husband who also happens to be a cop, seemed to disappear for good. Alex is worried she might be in trouble, so she enlists the help of detective Nathan Devereaux.

Nathan isn't as convinced considering there's no proof of substantial evidence or dead body to ensure Alex's claims. Alex is going on g
Bookaholics
Nov 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Untraceable by Laura Griffin
Romantic Suspense -Nov. 24th, 2009
4 stars

Laura Griffin has written another outstanding romantic suspense! This story is sure to be a hit because it is: intelligent, detailed, and filled with high tension.

In Untraceable the indomitable P.I. Alexandra Lovell fears one of the women she has helped escape her abusive husband has been murdered. The problem is Alex can’t find the body! When she visits the victim’s home and finds traces of blood just before it is explodes,
Ami
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The blurb is good enough -- I can use it for future purpose -- so I am just going to jump on what I think.

The way the story is told makes me feel like I'm being jumped into a middle of something.Alex has a history with Nathan (they worked together before, I think, one that ends up with Alex getting beaten by the suspect). The secondary characters also have a background story that is not being completely told. For example, Troy Stockton (a true-crime author who used to date Alex) or Sophie Barret
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver❤️
Private investigator fears that her client was killed by her abusive-cop husband but has no evidence & seeks help of detective she's been attracted to & who returns her it. But hero thinks she's in over her head with her case. As dead bodies turn up, both become more involved in the case that's more complicated than they thought & impacts their romantic relationship.

My 1st Griffin book & I liked it! Although this book was heavier on the action-suspense side, the romance was still
Keri
This was a great first book in the series. I liked Alex from where we met her before. I thought that she was a gritty and determined heroine to do all that she could to protect her clients. Now if only her clients would listen to her. People come to Alex for her to help them disappear. If they follow her advice, then they vanish like a puff of smoke. But when her clients start turning up dead, did the clients not follow direction or is something more sinister at work? Nathan, a homicide detectiv ...more
Beth
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is an excellent setup for the series. It feels longer than the other books I've read, which follow it; that means the relationship feels more fleshed out and that there's more room for stupidity, but the plot moves quickly enough that the stupidity is mitigated quickly (and matters less). (By stupidity, I mean people unnecessarily putting themselves in danger.)

I'm really enjoying this series, and I didn't expect to: I thought it would be too creepy or too procedural, but somehow it works re
Charlene
Maybe 4.5 stars - may revise upward.

This first book in the Tracers series got off to a bang-up start. It seems familiar; in fact, I know I've met Mia somewhere before, but I don't have this marked as read. I fully intend to read this series in order, so perhaps I'll remember whether I've (also?) read others in the series:)

If you like Romantic Suspense as a genre, with private investigators, forensic labs, (good) policemen and Texas Rangers among the characters, I recommend you begin here.

Kjen
4.75 Stars...Truly excellent romantic suspense! I enjoyed the balance of romance and suspense. Nathan was a saint to put up with Alex. She had a lot of issues with relationships that didn't have solid reason, IMHO. However, it made for just the right amount of push and pull to keep that part of the story interesting. I'm happily moving on to the next Tracers....
Mskychick

Rating: ★★★

Trope: Romantic Suspense

Chemistry: Low Boil

One-Sentence Summary: A PI and Cop Versus a corrupt cop drug gang

Review: I have been curious about this series for awhile so finally decided to dust off the first one in the series and see what all the fuss is about.

I liked it but enjoyed the setup for the series more than this book itself. There were constant jumps in time which confused me.

Off to enjoy Troy's story now ....

Edit: Just realised there is a prequel series so need to go and rea
Coral
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question K 5 5 Mar 26, 2017 07:56AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question J 5 4 Mar 26, 2017 07:54AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question I 6 6 Mar 26, 2017 07:50AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question H 5 5 Mar 26, 2017 07:47AM
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Shiver of Fear (The Guardian Angelinos, #2)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • The Edge of Night
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • If You Hear Her (The Ash Trilogy, #1)
  • Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2)
  • One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Laura Griffin started her career in journalism before venturing into the world of writing romantic suspense. Her books have won numerous awards, including two RITA Awards (for Scorched and Whisper of Warning) and a Daphne du Maurier Award (Untraceable). Laura currently lives in Austin where she is working on her next book.

Series:
* Tracers
* Moreno and
More about Laura Griffin...

Tracers (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Unspeakable (Tracers, #2)
  • Unforgivable (Tracers #3)
  • Snapped (Tracers #4)
  • Twisted (Tracers, #5)
  • Scorched (Tracers #6)
  • Exposed (Tracers #7)
  • Beyond Limits (Tracers, #8)
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
  • Deep Dark (Tracers, #10)
  • At Close Range (Tracers, #11)

“People give out information all the time. You just have to know who to ask.” 9 likes
“It was the sort of corruption Alex expected to hear about happening south of the border, not in her own backyard.” 0 likes