Start by marking “Light of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #3)” as Want to Read:
Light of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #3)

Light of Requiem

(Song of Dragons #3)

Song of Dragons -- the bestselling fantasy series beginning with Blood of Requiem -- continues with a new tale of blood, steel, and dragonfire.

BOOK THREE: LIGHT OF REQUIEM

War has ravaged the world. Cities lie crumbled. Forests smolder. The crows feast.

In the ruins, Requiem's last dragons lick their wounds and mourn a death among them. But they will not have long to grieve
Published (first published December 15th 2011)

Juli Rahel
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first two books and especially the challenges that were thrown in the way of the characters. Unfortunately, one of my favourite characters died at the end of the 2nd book but therefore we get some great new characters. I especially loved Umbra, who simply kicks ass. Here I would like to allow myself to make a point about Daniel Arenson: he creates great characters. In all of his books I have read so far there have been great female characters. Gloriae is very interesting, es ...more
Cindy Jeffers
Mar 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
If you want to lose weight, read this book. The author was afraid you'd forget how gross the bad guys were, so he made sure to include it every page or two. That made the book hard to read. If it weren't the last of a trilogy, I probably wouldn't have finished it.
Sam Coley
Dec 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
The third worst book I have ever read.
Earlene
I am enjoying reading stories about Requiem
Michael kelley
May 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Short to the point and just a bit flat, introduction of new characters seemed very out of the blue, it seemed like half the story was just missing, the action was often and kept me reading but some of the scenes seemed to be rehashes of earlier fight scenes in the series. Loved the Concept of the series but just did not make them really come alive.
Chad Stewart
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was kind of scary. The enemies were very disgusting, and difficult to read about. Gloriea surprised me in the end which made me glad I finished it. In the middle of the book, I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue reading. I am glad this series is over.
Heidi
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was ok

Series was action packed but 2dimensional, shallow characters. Lots of dragons:)
Shawn
Feb 25, 2012 rated it liked it
The ending was weak sauce. I don't care how you look at it. The enemy just what, walked away? Right.
Mrs. Brim
The series took a bit of a morbid turn, but I still enjoyed it.
Amberlori
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
All three of the Song of Dragons books were pretty easy reads. They kept my attention but I felt they were pretty mild books. They wouldn't be the first fantasy books I would recommend.
Carroline
Jan 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NO ONE
All i can say is, thanks god that series is over!
I don't think i will read another of his books.
Karen Frayne
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Nope. It had a lot of promise but too much gratuitous, graphic violence. Repetition, predictable...I finished it but was sorely tempted to just abandon it.
Lana
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The final book in what for me was one of the best fantasy dragon series which I ever read and this last book definitely does not disappoint! Dies Irea has really gone crazy, his evil knows no bounds and the mimics he was creating to fight the Vir Requis were beyond belief, monstrosities which reflected his crazed evil mind. And only fire killed the mimics however in their presence the dragons lost their magic and shifted back to humans hence losing their one weapon fire! However we get to meet K ...more
J
Sep 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
I bought this book as part of an omnibus, and I only finished it because it was part of a trilogy. The world and the plot of the first book had the potential, but I didn't feel like the author had completely formed the world in his mind before starting to write, and the same plot was recycled for the second and third books. The characters themselves were impressively flat and their dialogue was painfully juvenile, while the writing style was repetitive and clumsy and it detracted from the overal ...more
Corinna Reid
Aug 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Just ok

The first two books were great. I was looking forward to reading this one. Unfortunately, it seems there isn’t really much of a story in this one. The first couple of chapters are retold over and over just changing the place and perspective. Going to try the next trilogy, hoping it turns out as good as the first two in this one.
Keeley
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is a toss up between four and three stars. I honestly felt like this series dragged on a lot when the main issue could’ve been solved many many times before it was. Besides this I enjoyed reading this series, it was well written and had great characters but with some iffy character development. This series made me laugh and made me cry.
Overall I’d rate the whole trilogy a 3.6/5
Jess
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heather Mcewan-Nugent
This one seemed to drag for me. Still good and a good conclusion to the series but it seemed to take so long to get there.
Giselle Rocha
Mar 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Raed Bilbessi
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
I actually stopped reading after the first few chapters. It's just too disgusting and definitely nightmare material. Nightshades I can live with. But these creatures? Definitely no.
Michelle
Dec 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy classic fantasy
Shelves: fantasy
Kyra Dune
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
In this action packed conclusion to the Song of Dragons Trilogy, the dragon shape shifters of Requiem fight their last desperate battle for survival. If you have a weak stomach, you may want to skip this book. Dies Irae's obsession with destroying the last living members of his own race, coupled with what it cost him to gain control over the Nightshades, has driven him completely insane. The monstrous undead creatures he creates from mutilated body parts (both animal and human) are some of the m ...more
Vincent Overby
Feb 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
While I think this author did a fairly good job of world building his characters and dialogue are some of the worst I've ever seen. I, unfortunately, purchased the first three books and read them all. This author does not get any better. Cardboard characters, juvenile dialogue and non-sensical sex. He essentially wrote the same book three times.
The Shades replace the griffins in the second book and reanimated zombies replace the Shades in the third one. What a mess! Worst of all is the infantile
Bill
May 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Sadly, a weak end to the first trilogy.

It suffers from the same issues as the previous two books, only a bit more. The cartoonish characters cross over the point of "emo", and the terse descriptions make you miss things like an additional army arriving at an epic battle.

The thing that really made this story fall flat was for the first time the author fell back on "deus ex machina" in pivotal situations. Terribly disappointing.

Again, there are still some neat ideas here. In the hands of a skilled
Emmanuelle
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
O my gosh that was amazing!! I'm glad to finally know the full story, but I'm so sad!! I don't want to leave the stories of Kyrie and Gloriae and Agnus Dei and Memoria and Terra and all the new additions. I'm so grateful the author actually gave more details after the war so we know what really happened and aren't left in the dark, although he did run through it very quickly. I can't wait to start reading the Dragonlore trilogy, but I'm gonna wait till the third one comes out. I know I'm gonna b ...more
Scott
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I was entertained, but how many times do I have to read how much the Vir Requis love their city and what not.

It was a new world and a good read. But it got repetitive after a while. I mean how hard is it to kill a villain in a book?

What was cool was that even though the villains were hard to kill, they got more evil and more violent and depraved as the story line continued on.

I may read more of the other books, but there other series or books in front of this one. I read these three in an omnib
Amy
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing

What an amazing end to the trilogy! I am sad in a way that it is over, but so glad to have read it. I enjoyed this series so much I'd say it's in my top reads. This book was a little darker than the first two, kept the heart pumping throughout. The detail in it was incredible, creating images very vivid. I also enjoyed the addition of new characters, this helped take my mind off the loss of a favourite in book two. All in all an awesome read and an even more awesome trilology!
Jenni
Aug 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Book three continues with more grotesque and horrific creatures. Definitely nightmare material.They made my stomach turn and sometimes I skipped the vivid descriptions of death.
Huge amount of fighting and courage shown by the characters, who are all beaten, cut and bloody by the end. Sad and happy ending.
I liked all the characters, although how they live through their experiences...well I guess their magic sustained them.

Great exciting read.
Ingrid Foster
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dragon Lovers
Shelves: favorites
Just finished the third book in Daniel Arenson's Song of Dragons series. Well done and truly a great read! After reading the first two books in the series, I could wait to dive into the third and final book.

I really enjoyed the series and Light of Requiem was a great wrap up of the series. Well done, Daniel, looking forward to reading more of your books!

carlita_is_probably_reading
Wow...the war was a hot mess and the ending leads to a sequel trilogy. This trilogy was good, but it definitely had it's "ok...really" moments. However, it was good because I couldn't put the books down until I finished them all. Oh the trilogy is really graphic and bloody at times..could have dealt without that part...then I guess it would not be much of a story but whatever.
  • Vosper's Revenge (Dragon Stone Saga #3)
  • The Dragonswarm (Dragonprince Trilogy, #2)
  • Fierce Loyalty (The Five Kingdoms, #5)
  • The Wayfarer King (The Kinshield Saga, #2)
  • Severed (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #3)
  • The Death of Promises (The Half-Orcs, #3)
  • Wolf Hunting (Firekeeper Saga, #5)
  • Regent (The Balance of Power, #1; World of Godsland, #4)
  • Ossendar (The Restoration Series, #2)
  • Cold Hearted Son of a Witch (The Dragoneers Saga, #2)
  • The Dragon Nimbus Novels: Volume I
Daniel Arenson is a bookworm, proud geek, and USA Today bestselling author of fantasy and science fiction. His novels have sold over a million copies. The Huffington Post has called his writing "full of soul." He's written over forty novels, most of them in five series:

EARTHRISE — They came from deep space. They came to destroy us. Against the alien onslaught, Earth stands alone. But we will figh

Song of Dragons (3 books)
  • Blood of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #1)
  • Tears of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #2)
“And I was blind. Dirt and hunger, when suffered for truth, are nobler than gold and lies.” 2 likes
“I believed you once," she said.  "I loved you once. I fought for your ideals. For glory, light, order and justice." She gestured at the battlefield. "Look around you, Irae. Look at the creatures you created, that you brought to war. There is no light and justice here. You always told me that you fought monsters.  But you have become the monster, leading a host of them. I still believe in light and justice and glory. But I found it among the mud and ruins. You will pay for what you've done.” 0 likes