Start by marking “Shakti Woman: Feeling Our Fire, Healing Our World” as Want to Read:
Shakti Woman: Feeling Our Fire, Healing Our World

Shakti Woman: Feeling Our Fire, Healing Our World

From the author of the classic Motherpeace – an inspiring and practical guide for awakening women's shamanic healing powers to heal ourselves and our planet.
Paperback, 1st edition, 255 pages
Published July 19th 1991 by HarperSanFrancisco

To ask other readers questions about Shakti Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shakti Woman

Start your review of Shakti Woman: Feeling Our Fire, Healing Our World
Manuka Honey
Sep 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Vicki Nobles commentary. From the recommendations that I received I thought it would be one of my favorite books of all time, but I wasn't as impressed as I had anticipated. I didn't really like how she seemed to dis sorcery and tenets of magick that she didn't understand (and maybe didn't agree with). At any rate, her commentary was a bit self-centered and general. I was looking for a more specific and centered discussion on Shakti and how it enlivens and empowers us all, and I just d ...more
Misha
Oct 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
I read this during a brief involvement with an online Dianic circle. Ultimately, I found the book and the group embraced too shallow a form of feminist spirituality for my tastes. They lost me at recasting women as "wombyn." I am much more as a woman than just my womb. Kthxbi.
Viv
Mar 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Doreen
Shelves: spirituality
I keep buying this book and giving it away, I love it so much. It is my "bible" and I think every woman who is vaguely spiritual should read it at least once! It is well worth looking up Vicki's website, www.motherpeace.com. ...more
Andreea
Oct 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: awakening
I became more knowledgeable in astrology and the cyclical nature of the female energy (which is what I needed at the moment, a restructuring of how I view my cycles and how I relate to my environment).

I would recommend some sections of the book purely to underline the necessity for humanity (not only women) to become more connected with nature and the "natural" way of things, i.e Moon phases, sacred holidays (Summer solstice, Autumn Equinox etc). Many of the historical details she described I al
Shaktima Brien
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary story that gives meaning to anyone’s life.
Kim Antieau
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I reread it every couple of years. I think we're on this Earth to become full of our true selves. Our whole lives we're told not to be full of ourselves; I say, who should we be full of if not ourselves? In Shakti Woman, Vicki demonstrates how she is full of her true self and acts as a true role model for us.
Monique
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well-written and easy to read, but nowhere shallow. The author shares personal stories as easily as scientifically supported information on the history of Goddess worship, astrology and of course shamanism. She is clearly a feminist (creator of the Motherpeace tarot and books) and focuses less on male virtues, yet she makes clear form the start that she seeks to empower women and as such, her writings don't feel out of balance. I enjoyed every bit of it.
Martina
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Semplicemente il libro che ogni donna dovrebbe leggere. Vicky Noble ci porta alle origini dell’universo, così come lo conosciamo, per farci capire come dovremmo essere in quanto donne. Richiama tutti i sentimenti e le forze che ognuna di noi ha nel profondo, risvegliando il naturale spirito-guida femminile perennemente sopito dalla società patriarcale in cui viviamo.
Lkowalczyk
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To quote Mr. Spock, "Fascinating!" The exclamation point is mine. A treatise on Shamanism, The Goddess, Feminism, and the combination of it all was a powerful read. The book is almost 20 years old and yet is confronting things that are happening now. It is one woman's journey to becoming her true self. Give it a try. I read it in bits and snatches as there is so much to think about.
AylwynOpalmyst
Bella l'intenzione, sicuramente valide molte delle fonti citate e delle intuizioni dell'autrice. Peccato però per l'eccessivo femminismo che è riuscito ad allontanarmi ed a farmi abbandonare la lettura. Probabilmente non era il momento giusto. Prima o poi lo finirò... Forse..
Lluisa Montiel
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting book. Is got a few good teachings. Love the shamanic point of view.
It is definitely a book to have if you are a woman in are into spirituality.
Amy Doeun
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I felt like some of the references to current events was a bit dated. I would love to know what the author thinks of actual current events now but still a great and inspiring read.
No Name
Un libro che scelsi chiudendo gli occhi in una libreria esoterica, nel 2012.

Quello fu un anno importante per me e Il Risveglio della Dea era il libro esatto al momento più opportuno.

A breve avrei veicolato una trasformazione e la Dea narrata dalla Noble è anche questa, la Dea Oscura che lascia cambiare in atto di morte per la rinascita ciclica, qualcosa che necessita di Mutare la sua Forma pregressa.

Un indicazione per l'Anima Femminea.

Si legge sul libro una dedica, ed è còsì che la Noble stessa
Rolly Stardust
Recensione su La Biblioteca di Amarganta

Ho trovato questo libro sinceramente bello. (E’ diventata un po’ una costante in tutte le mie recensioni…sto diventando monotona). In ogni caso è un libro che mi ha ispirata molto: ha un’atmosfera che ti tiene incollata e ti travolge. E’ uno di quei libri che ti rimane dentro anche molto tempo dopo che l’hai letto, io mi ritrovo ancora adesso, a distanza di giorni, ad accarezzarne la copertina come si farebbe a un amante (sì, è imbarazzante).

Il libro tratt
Diana
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cinquanta e cinquanta.

Per molte cose questo libro penso che possa essere d'aiuto..soprattutto a fare i conti con la nostra visione quotidiana delle cose.
Poi però, andando sempre più avanti, esso si trasforma irrimediabilmente nella autobiografia dell'autrice lasciando sempre meno spazio all'innovazione di ciò che sta raccontando..quindi si finisce con l'avere dei capitoli veramente monotoni e basati sul "come ho fatto io".
A volte è proprio il suo atteggiamento generico a dare fastidio al lettore
Anne
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I found this book through Ch. Northrup notes in her famous book about women health. I expected much from this book, but I have to say, I didn’t found that much.
I agree with Manuka Honey that the book is too much centered on Western woman and that it didn’t represented in a best way more specific meaning and empowering of Shakti principle in a reader.

Nevertheless, I found some good qualities which I think, today, lots of women have forgotten: holding to our instincts, feeling a power of a Moon
Phoebe
Oct 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Most of the books I read change my life to some degree. This one came along at just the right moment - I was really looking for some motivation to take more control over my life...not in the sense of stopping things from happening, or making things happen (necessarily), but actively putting myself on a path of discovery, and remembering/encountering how powerful I really am.
Tatiana Martino
Rari spunti interessanti, teorie superate e superficialità della trattazione: arraffazzonato.
Peccato :(
Devon
Jul 02, 2009 is currently reading it
Using my innergy! Very uplifting book!
Kay Cid
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED it
Deanna (Anya)
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, about female shamanism. Found me at the right time. Really appreciate the strength it helped me find within.
Lana
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you are into women's spirituality, this book is a great place to start.
Kristy
Dec 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing
To anyone wanting to get in touch with their inner Goddess.
Molly
Juanita
Nov 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• La profezia della curandera
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
  • The Hormone Cure: Reclaim Balance, Sleep, Sex Drive and Vitality Naturally with the Gottfried Protocol
  • Sappho's Leap
  • Corridor
  • The Mystical Tarot
  • Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered
  • Daughters of the Sun: Empresses, Queens and Begums of the Mughal Empire
  • Griffin and Sabine (Griffin & Sabine #1)

News & Interviews