Start by marking “Lovesong” as Want to Read:
Lovesong

Lovesong

Lovesong intertwines a couple in their 20s with the same man and woman a lifetime later. Their past and present selves collide in this haunting and beautiful tale of togetherness. All relationships have their ups and downs; the optimism of youth becomes the wisdom of experience. Love is a leap of faith.
Published February 28th 2012 by Oberon Books

To ask other readers questions about Lovesong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovesong

GTGriffin
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and moving play. Would love to direct this one day.
Clive Wheeler
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully evocative happy sad illustration of a long marriage. I saw the play, but reading it was even more moving.
Marta
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: theatre, carrara
I didn't love this. The dialogue is often minimalistic and I couldn't always picture in my head what was happening. It's obviously the kind of play that you need to see, not read, in order to really appreciate it. Loved the "I cream my face" speech, though.
Hall's Bookshop
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lucas
I came to this as a reading for a friend's wedding - which perhaps may be an unusual route to such a work. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it immensely. One aspect that the reading at the wedding failed to capture, and that I found challenging to imagine while reading the play, was quite how physical the piece should be. The various adverts for various companies performances of Lovesong available on Youtube were very helpful in this regard, and gave me a real appreciation for how layered and technical th ...more
Lucas
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I came to this as a reading for a friend's wedding - which perhaps may be an unusual route to such a work. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it immensely, and, reportedly, the reading was well received. One aspect that the reading failed to capture, and that I found challenging to imagine while reading the play, was quite how physical the piece should be. The various adverts for various companies performances of Lovesong available on Youtube were very helpful in this regard, and gave me a real appreciation ...more
Dorottya
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a bittersweet and heartwarming/wrenching play about the passing of time and how a relationship with actual problems and conflicts evolve... and how deep, underlying love can make you survive. It lacked a bit of punch for me, but it was a good play nevertheless.
Oleta Forde
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Had to study this for AS Drama. I loved the script and the performance I saw was amazing, well worth seeing.
Lucy Austin
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful portrayal of a 'real' relationship. A love story that isn't perfect and has changed and adapted with what life had thrown at it. That's what makes this story so powerful, it's truthful.
Loni
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: plays
Filmic, scenic, great basis for a physical theatre production. Wonderful idea of interweaving couples. Great that the mundane is turned into a truly relatable story and process of life.
Mary Ann
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Scheduled for a call back for this beautiful play at New Village Arts in July. Jessica Tandy-esque.
Carla