Start by marking “Green Bay Packers: Trials, Triumphs, and Tradition” as Want to Read:
Green Bay Packers: Trials, Triumphs, and Tradition

Green Bay Packers: Trials, Triumphs, and Tradition

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
On the field, legends like Don Hutson, Ray Nitschke, and Brett Favre made the Green Bay Packers into a professional football powerhouse. But the history of the NFL’s only small-town franchise is as much a story of business creativity as gridiron supremacy. Behind every Packer who became a legend on the field, there was an Andrew Turnbull, Dominic Olejniczak, or Bob Harlan, ...more
Published June 15th 2012 by Wisconsin Historical Society Press

To ask other readers questions about Green Bay Packers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Bay Packers

Jim Gallen
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to start out with an acknowledgement of where I am coming from. I do not live in Wisconsin, although I visit it often. I am not a football fan but there is something special about the Green Bay Packers. When I have visited Packers’ summer camp, the only one I have ever attended, I keep reminding myself, this is not just a football team, these are the Green Bay Packers. Wow!

Today the Packers is the football equivalent of the New York Yankees. They are America’s team, a reminder that a smal
Audra
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am a relatively recent Packers/football fan, and I got this book hoping to learn a bit more about the team's history. I had a vague impression that the Packers were somewhat unusual in the NFL, but didn't really know much more than that. I ended up being very impressed with the book, fascinated with the history, and an even bigger fan of the team than I was before.

The Green Bay Packers are indeed a unique institution in the world of professional football: they are the only small town team to h
Hal
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
As a proud owner of the team amongst my hundreds of thousands co-owners this book of course is a must read. There is no other team quite like the Green Bay Packers in all of sports.

There will always be much debate over the so termed "America's Team" It is irrelevant in this case because this is truly the only team of and by the people. The book itself is a treasure trove on the history and indeed trials and tribulations of the NFL franchise. Well presented in great detail. How the smallest marke
Richard Holloway
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the financial point of view to the history of the Packers. It was entertaining, well written, and very informative.
Joshua