Start by marking “The Chakra System: A Complete Course in Self-Diagnosis and Healing” as Want to Read:
The Chakra System: A Complete Course in Self-Diagnosis and Healing

The Chakra System: A Complete Course in Self-Diagnosis and Healing

Through her pioneering work with the chakra system, Anodea Judith has mapped the striking connections between the yogic healing arts and modern psychology, as well as demonstrated how a combination of both can be dramatically more effective than using either one alone.

On The Chakra System, listeners join Judith in 12 sessions of personal one-on-one guidance to learn how t
Audio CD, 29 pages
Published November 1st 2003 by Sounds True (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Chakra System, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chakra System

Start your review of The Chakra System: A Complete Course in Self-Diagnosis and Healing
Karen
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very basic. I would recommend this to anyone who is new to chakra meditation. Explanations and guided meditations are simple and easy to follow.
Heather
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I personally believe there is something to Chakras, but whether or not they truly exist, the system is a great self understanding and improvement guide. All facets of ourselves are neatly organized into this system, and Judith meticulously details the signs/symptoms of an under active or overactive chakra. For example, the root chakra when balanced is sense of feeling grounded, taking in the resources we need to live, and accepting that we have a right to take up space in the world. Judith then ...more
Katie
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
There are a lot of junky books out there about the chakras, but this one rises above the rest. I don't agree 100% with the author about everything (who does in metaphysical studies?), but she does an excellent job outlining the basics of the chakras. I wasn't a fan of the exercises at the end, but that's simply not my style. Others may love it. Give it a try and see!
Mike Nyberg
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
I was not familiar with the Chakra system and this audio book gave me a great overview. Enough detail, but not overwhelming. Author uses great common day examples and the material is laid out logically.
Amanda
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a useful guide in understanding this ancient way of bodily and emotional diagnosis. Definitely a help in moving my yoga students to a higher level of wellness.
Kiran Sandhu
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short and simple to follow illustrations. Great for beginners who need to know the basics of this topic. Perhaps the basic straight to the point illustrations prove to be best, and it wasn't overcomplicated and is a great book to go back to from time to time to remember specific points.
Charuga
Feb 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Listened to the audiobook; downloaded from library. It's the first book I've read that really delved into the psychological ties to the chakras, how they can be blocked and unblocked. I've been interested in the chakras, believing in chi and eastern medicine - energy centers within the body, etc....read other books but they seemed superficial. This helped to tie in how our everyday life affects the chakras. I like her style and will look for more audiobooks from this author.
Shonna
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the audiobook sister of "Wheels of Life" and is just as good, with the added bonus of guided meditations and an AMAZING guided kundalini practice at the end. Although much of the information is the same as in "Wheels of Life" there is a lot of new stuff too.
Carrie
May 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
  • The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life's Perfection
  • Tip of the Iceberg: My 3,000-Mile Journey Around Wild Alaska, the Last Great American Frontier
  • The Body Never Lies: The Lingering Effects of Hurtful Parenting
  • Weave the Liminal: Living Modern Traditional Witchcraft
  • The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
  • This Messy Magnificent Life: A Field Guide
  • Ancient Empires before Alexander
  • Untamed
  • Empire of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence
  • The Tiger Warrior (Jack Howard, #4)
  • Revolution of the Soul: Awaken to Love Through Raw Truth, Radical Healing, and Conscious Action
  • Temple of the Gods (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)
  • Earth Magic: Sacred Rituals for Connecting to Nature's Power
  • The Valhalla Prophecy (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #9)
  • Galileo and the Science Deniers
  • Kingdom of Darkness (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #10)
Anodea Judith, Ph.D. is the founder and director of Sacred Centers, and a groundbreaking thinker, writer, therapist, and spiritual teacher. Her passion for the realization of human potential matches her concern for humanity’s impending crises — her fervent wish is that we “wake up in time.” She holds Masters and Doctoral degrees in Psychology and Human Health, is a 500 hour registered yoga teacher ...more

News & Interviews