Start by marking “Summer of My Dissent” as Want to Read:
Summer of My Dissent

Summer of My Dissent (John Paul 2 High #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Grieving for her murdered friend, Allie feels lonely and distant from her classmates and the new kids at her school. But when she finds healing at a local evangelical church, she begins to question her Catholic faith.
Published October 31st 2011 by Chesterton Press

To ask other readers questions about Summer of My Dissent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer of My Dissent

Regina Doman
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Disclaimer: I published this book with my company, Chesterton Press, so of course I think it's great. Allie Weaver has lost her best friend, and is grieving, but her classmates at John Paul 2 High don't seem to understand. Then she clashes with some of the new parents at the school and decides to check out the local evangelical church -- where she unexpectedly finds healing. Suddenly everything in the Catholic faith looks optional: is this really the right Church for her? An unexpected twist in ...more
Nicole
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry my eyes out. I could just feel Allie's pain so acutely. It drives me crazy how blind the other characters were to her agony. I know that they weren't inside her head like I was, but George, at least, should have known her well enough to try to comfort her more. He knew she needed him in the last book, how was he so blind in this one? Just because they weren't dating anymore? Especially after what Tyler, Tyler, of all people, told him. Tyler has never had Allie's best intere ...more
Delaney Peterson
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
So far I'm pleased with the way Allie's struggles with Catholic vs. Protestant beliefs is being handled. As a a Catholic convert (previously non-denominational) with many dear Protestant friends, I think there is a fine line to walk when dealing with these issues. I plan on reading the next book very soon, and I'm hoping it will give young Catholics some good material for dealing with misconceptions.

That being said, I didn't enjoy this one as much as Trespasses Against Us. There was just more f
Christina Weigand
Annie
Aug 19, 2014
Apr 11, 2012
Abigail
rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2012
Silver Swan
Apr 17, 2012
Katherine (KWBookReviews.com)
Jun 11, 2014
What do you call a group of people who on the outside, are normal Catholics, but who have periodic crazy meetings late at night and sporadic email wars over plot points?

Well, you could call it a parish subcomittee, but that's also a good description of the John Paul 2 High Team.

The Team first started meeting three years ago when Sophia Press accepted our proposal to create a series of fun teen nov
More about Christian M. Frank

John Paul 2 High (5 books)
  • Catholic, Reluctantly: John Paul 2 High School - Book 1
  • Trespasses Against Us
  • Undercover Papist
  • Near Occasions (John Paul 2 High Book 5)